3 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

7 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

7 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

Mom won't let me quit

I love gymnastics, but 16 hours a week of training is too much. I want to be like a normal kid...

I had the exact same problem, I was 10 and training 14 hours a week, I had to miss so many things. My mom wanted me to stay because honestly she loved it more then I did. Eventually 3 years later she let me quit but the last 3 years were really awful and so were my coaches

by xxcheerxxforxxlifexx on 8/3/2011 2:29:53 PM

I have a friend how has the same problem she done gymnastics since she was 4 years old and now she wants to quit cause she missed party s and going to the mall cause of practice but her mom and dad wont let her quit so your not the only one

by romeojuliet on 8/3/2011 2:00:16 PM

We don't know what her homework load/practice schedule is, or her school hours, or bedtime, so to everyone saying "THATS ONLY 2 HOURS A DAY!!", that might leave her with alot less time then you are thinking. Example, if she practices Mon-Wed-Fri, that's five+ hours a day. Assuming that she attends school for 8 hours a day, and she gets home at 3 then leaves for gymnastics, she will get home @ 8. That gives her only a few hours for homework, showering, studying and any kind of "me" time. Maybe she does practice two hours a day, everyday, but while you might get thirty minutes of homework a night as a 6th grader, she could be getting two-three hours a night as a junior in high school.  And my advice to her is that you have to really be serious about quitting before you ask your mom. I tried this over the summer and it didn't go well, so I dropped the matter and realized that I didn't want to quit. You have to be POSITIVE and form a good argument. GOOD LUCK!! xoxo Casey L.

by fireworks1071 on 8/3/2011 1:22:21 PM

i understand exactly how you feel. but at the end of the day i keep going. Smile

by muamua1j on 8/3/2011 12:28:25 PM

ya no offence but thats only 2 hours a day... so idk if u do it every day, but if u did thats not ad. and if u dont, that means some days you dont have it!

by oceanlover69 on 8/3/2011 12:12:40 PM

Mod mod! I'm also in gymnastics, training 16 hours a week. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I am very commited to gymnastics and my parents want me to be in it as long as I enjoy it, but they think it takes up too much time. My coaches work us very hard and I don't like them. they call me weak, little, a liar, and a chicken. I hate them but love gymnastics! What should I do?

Hey girl. I would look into other schools in your area! There is no reason for coaches to be some rude. Or you could have your parents talk to them.

mary h.

by gymnastqueen00 on 8/3/2011 10:04:54 AM

Teachers should understand if you are busy with your sport. And you just need to try your best to get it all done on time. You don't need to shower EVERY day as some people say and there is dry shampoo for hair and deodorant stuff for smell. 16 hours a week so 16 divided by 7...2 hours and something per day.
That's not bad. You have time for things! Unless you don't space your practice times like that.
Still I agree 100% with your Mother. You are lucky.
Learn to love it.

by thetruth on 8/3/2011 7:58:11 AM

Aw... i'm sure tons of girlies go through this. If anybody want to check out some cool clubs or needs advice COMMENT ON MY PROFILE & I'LL GIVE YOU THE DEETS!

by purpleorchid on 8/3/2011 6:26:41 AM

If anyone needs advice, come to my profile and you may ask me ANYTHING! Also join the club Fashion&Beauty if you want tips on fashion and beauty(:
Thanks guys Laughing

by meltingsundae42 on 8/3/2011 2:40:23 AM

I'm sorry you miss out on alot of stuff.Frown

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/3/2011 12:12:58 AM