AN HOUR AGO #DailyGiveaway: 5 ladies snag a Marietta cardigan from @VoodooVixenLDN: http://t.co/tEiEi6aAlq

2 HOURS AGO 6 tech books that are almost too cool for school: http://t.co/NENQuzIdZr

14 HOURS AGO Get the scoop on braces: http://t.co/ImZA1x2LpQ

COMMENTS

Mom won't let me quit

I love gymnastics, but 16 hours a week of training is too much. I want to be like a normal kid...

My friend wants me to go to the tumbling open gym tonight, but I went last week, and I want to this week. The only thing is, that I feel like I am stepping on another friends turf. I realize nobody has a turf, but when I am there she is always practicing like crazy, and i am just jumping on the trampoline. I also do not want it to seem like I am going to go every week. SHOULD I GO? I want to but, i just am not sure.

Hey girl. If you want to go, you should go! If your friend invited you, I'm sure she's happy for you to be there with her, so you shouldn't worry about overstepping your boundaries. Just go and jump some more and have fun! No pressure.

Jess D.

by georgetownroad on 10/28/2011 5:22:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm not really liking violin right now and I really want to quit by the end of the school year. The problem is: my mom told my teacher that I wasn't planning to take orchestra next year, and my teacher was really disappointed. In order to have a good seat in orchestra, you basically need private lessons, but I don't want to do orchestra or have private lessons next year, because I don't want to major in music when I grow up. Any advice?

Hey girl,

Your teacher might love you and might have had high hopes for you but, no matter how good you are at violin and how much your teacher wants you to continue on, it's not anybody's choice but your own. If playing violin for fun (with or without private lessons, with or without the good seat in orchestra) isn't actually fun for you anymore, don't feel guilty quitting. But remember that violin can just be a hobby for you, if you enjoy it but don't want to make a career out of it! Nearly everyone I know from high school who played instruments are doing something totally different now - it can just be fun! But if it isn't even fun anymore, totally go for it and explore your other options. Just make sure you don't sit at home wasting your new free time - replace violin with a new hobby that makes you feel happy and fulfilled!
Lauren C.

by Emilicious on 10/1/2011 11:51:03 PM

My parents work in the city, and sometimes my siblings and I have to stay with my Dads parents. When my grandpa takes me to my BFF's house, he told me it "scary and uncomfortable" because my BFF's older sister's boyfriend lives with them because he got kicked out of his house. He said he's afraid the boyfriend will do something to me (when really all he dose is say "Hey Jordan whats up" when I go over there when he's even there and not at work or sports) and when I told my grandpa everything's OK and he doesn't need to baby me because I know what to do if something bad happens, then he asked if my parents knew and I said yes, and I think he asked them! I'm not sure if he did, but he might have, and I'm scared! It'll be awkward around them! What should I do? I'm afraid my grandpa will get my parents thinking and I won't be able to go to her house anymore! Please help!
Jordan

Hey girl, it sounds like your grandpa is just being protective: he wants to make sure you're safe. So the thing to do is talk to your parents yourself about it: tell them that things are fine there and let them hear your side of the story. Then they can reassure your grandpa it's all right for you to go there! Sometimes having an adult on your side can help.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by cutiegal100 on 9/5/2011 5:06:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!! i have a huge problem. i cant leave my moms side! every time she "goes out" i freak out and cry! tomorrow shes going away for the night and im really scared and sad!!! i dont want to be like this because i want her to be having a good time but i just love her soooo much! i even miss her when i go to a friends house!!! pleaaaassseee help!!!!!!

Hey girl, its good that you love your mom so much. Don't be scared when she leaves, because she will be right back! There is a saying that goes "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" which means that sometimes when you have some time apart, you realize how much you love someone. Try not to get upset when you are apart from her because you will get to pend time with her later!

Tory N.

by abcgirl790 on 8/24/2011 3:03:13 PM

I like gymnastics. I think your mom should have you take it once or twice a week for 1 hour. That is what I do and it is a good plan. I wish you luck!

by Neoncat on 8/14/2011 6:06:47 PM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:26:24 PM

MODERATOR!!!!!! My "friend's" dad started this archery club and I joined. My friend and I text each other but she never tells me when it is and never posts it on Facebook. Sometimes, during the school year I would go over to her house to go to archery because my mom always worked late. When I was over, I told her I took guitar lessons. She asked me what time and I said 9:30 to 10:00 AM on Saturday. My other friend who is in archery asked my why I haven't been to archery in a while. I never knew there were practices in the first place and the rest of the club showed up except me. Apparently, practice was rescheduled to 9:00 to 10:00 AM on Saturday and they never told me. There are no practices during the week. Should I quit because they're rescheduling behind my back and never tell me when the practices are? Thanks! Also, how do I persuade my mom to let me quit?

Only quit if you feel it is something you no longer enjoy or want to do. As far as rescheduling, ask your friend what's the deal?

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by nerdyrockerperson on 8/9/2011 7:20:50 PM

Yeah I used to do gymnastics, but I finished this past April, after completing my level 7 season. It's amazing how much time I have now and I dont really regret it.
Now if I could just find some time to change my username.... hahahaha

by gymnasticsgirl10 on 8/8/2011 12:22:40 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/7/2011 11:50:17 PM

HEY LUCKY GYMNAST!!!!!! If you really don't want to anymore, quit! It might be hard to break it to your mom but you need to! trust I quit band before highschool(I'm gonna be in 9th grade) because it would be too much of a commitment for something I wouldn't love. Go for it and Good Luck!

by YellowIsRad on 8/7/2011 7:15:28 PM

DONT QUIT!!!! TRUST ME!!! i was a gymnnast and i quit for te ame reasons you want to. Trust ! I regret quitting so much! You loose all your strength skill and flexibiility! Then soon you stop being so fit! IT WOULD BE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOURlife!!!!!!!!! Take it from me. Been ther dun tht. And when u regret it and want to go back, you wont be able to. Youll have to start from the bottom and work your way up again! I SERIOUSLY DID THIS AND IT WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE? I THINK I RUINED MY LIFE WITH ON SILLY MISTAKE!!!! Dont do it. Dont do it. Dont do it.

by 89drty on 8/4/2011 1:35:06 PM

You should belive what you want to do. And tell your mom the truth and tell her how it feels.

by peaceuout on 8/4/2011 10:14:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD I have to go to my grandmas today but it's no fun! She's annoying and rude at times I mean I love her and all but every 3 minutes she's asking what I'm looking at on tv, when she doesn't have channels like hbo or cinimax She also criticizes EVERYTHING my clothes, my fave tv shows, even the fact I like Nirvana! She won't let me listen to them at her house because she doesn't like Kurt Cobain's past. So what if IM ten and I like Nirvana! That gives her no right to call them " crackheads" and that comment from her got on my last nerve I need help PLEASE!!!!!!! Frown

Hey babe. I would try talking to your grandma about her past. Like when she was a kid what did she listen to. Maybe then you two can connect.

mary h.

by Nirvana fan on 8/4/2011 7:53:29 AM

MOD this is kind of serrious. My old teacher thinks my a paper i wrote could be published and he is helping me work on it over the summer. He is a great guy, he really is and I kind of know a lot about him and he knows a lot of personal stuff about me because of my paper. He's one of those really cool teachers. Lately people have been making up rumors about me in general saying im slutty and other things. I don't want him to be sucked into the rumor mill and there be rumors that im in a relationship with a teacher. We're meeting at starbucks soon to edit my paper and i just need advice to keep the rumors down

Hey girl. I wouldn't worry so much about the rumors and just work on your paper. It is a big leap for people to acuse you of kissing lots of dudes and being with a teacher.

mary h.

by fired up on 8/4/2011 1:49:53 AM

Me & my BFF used to be friends with this girl who did NOTHING but dance. She had no time for friends, family, and school. She gets VERY mad at her mom when she said she had to quit a few hours of dance. It isn't healthy.

by spicyllamachick2120 on 8/3/2011 11:31:38 PM

I do rhythmic gymnastics in the summer. I used to do it during the year before I moved. I miss it soo bad! If you have been doing this for a while, and you love it, and you got the money to go everyday, forget everything and go for it. Train everyday, forget about downtime, school, hanging out and go for this. Because I never had the ability to go every day, but according to my teacher, I had talent. You probably have talent too, and if you leave right now, you'll regret it for the rest of your life. You are fortunate your mom is willing to push you to do this, because my mom wasn't particularly interested in me doing it. If you really love the sport, forget about everything else. Because I loved the sport and I had to give it up. And do not, under any circumstances mention this to your trainer. I know from experience that they will rip you into pieces and say: "I've put soo much work into you, you ungrateful swine." I heard it said before to former team members and I completely agree.

by Yuliya V on 8/3/2011 10:21:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD did you get my last message

IDK. My shift just started. So if you havent gotten a response post again and ill respond Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Nirvana fan on 8/3/2011 10:02:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I make lots of noise when I talk and I often doze off into space in class and fidget with my body, like writing random words that I hear on my desk or arm and spelling it out in my head. The other thing that I do is shout out the answer to a question and I am falling down in math. Things get boring and I forget my homework sometimes. Do I have ADHD? How do I know for sure, because all the symptoms I read are all relating to me.

I think you should talk to your doctor about this one. Theyll be able to help. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Firework on 8/3/2011 9:48:35 PM

That is why I quit soccer, because I had no down time.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/3/2011 7:20:27 PM

I was in gymnastics level 9 two years ago. I was training 5 hours everyday except Sunday. Which was 25 hours a week! I then quit because my doctor told me I had to because of an ankle injury from vault. I think that you should only do gymnastics if that's what gives you complete joy and no guilt, or displeasure. Good luck! I went through the same thing aswell, I kept going with my ankle injury but I started to not like gymnastics and my mom wouldn't let me quit because I had gotten so far! I just sat down and had a talk with her to reason with her that it was too much pressure and then we finally agreed that I could quit! Good luck!

by horsebackrider12 on 8/3/2011 7:16:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MO MOD MOD MOD MOD ok so I'm in between houses. I'm moving from Colorado and my little brother, my mom, and I are in California but my dad is still in Colorado. We are staying with some friends right now and the people we're staying with work and my mom works too. But i really want to try out for volleyball. I'm going into High School so I think this would be a really great way to make new friends but I don;t want to put the pressure on my mom with picking me up from practice everyday and games. i've already talked to her about it and she says she'll do whatever she can but I still don't want to stress her out. Should I tryout out or not?!?!?1 Thanks,
Kelly:]

Hey! go for it and hope that something works out. what have you got to lose?
Helen S.

by cowbellkell on 8/3/2011 7:09:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok i really need some help. All the very popular girls and boys in my grade throw these huge parties. I have never been invited to one but my best friend is invited to all of them. She's my absolute best friend and we do EVERYTHING together. But I'm wondering why i have never been invited to these parties? I mean she's literally my twin and we have mostly the exact same friends, but why do they invite her and not me? Sorry for this being so long and thanks in advance.
-M

Hey! you should tell her how you feel, be kind and considerate but let her know your feelings are a little hurt, good luck!
Helen S.

by ibleedblue on 8/3/2011 6:46:34 PM

wow, well dont give up on something u love!
after reading some comments i cant believe some girls train 25 hrs a wk!

check out my profile clubs & advice pg!

by briblue3 on 8/3/2011 5:05:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD  ok, so school is starting in 3 weeks and i really want to find a nice luchbox to match my backpack! i've tried looking in so many stores but they're either for little kids (like dora or something) or cheap (not durable) can you please tell me where i might find the right one????
thanks

Hey girl,

Target has some great ones, and you can also try Lands' End, L.L.Bean, or look online. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by Filaluvva on 8/3/2011 4:38:19 PM

i was in your same position awhile back when i was training 25hours a week. i took some time off and i couldnt stand spending another day out of the gym! dont quit after all the training and hardwork!just hang with your friends on the weekend! now all i wanna do is train train train. i dont know what life would be like if i never trained

by gymnastchic19 on 8/3/2011 4:32:25 PM

Sometimes I feel like my grandma likes my two cousins more than me. Like during the summer, she took my cousins to DC. Later she took my WHOLE family, PLUS another cousin, to Reno. I mean, it was nice of her to take us there, but I would have rather gone to DC. One of my cousins is only two months older than me (but she's a year ahead of me in school,) so I don't understand why she wouldn't take me too. Or at least take me later, but to the same place. What should I do about this, if anything?

Hey girl,

Maybe your grandma doesn't realize that she's not treating you all fairly, so just bring it up to her nicely. Say something like, "Was the DC trip fun? I wish I could have gone," or something like that, and then ask if you two can do a trip another time because you really like spending time with her. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by voucher on 8/3/2011 4:16:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm going to my first real concert on Saturday so I'm really excited! But I don't know when I should get there! It starts at 7 but my dad doesn't think we should get there until 6! I think that's too late! I don't want to get stuck in traffic plus it will be rush hour! When do you think I should get there and how do I convince my dad that we should leave earlier? Thanks!!!

Hey girl,

I actually think 6 is a good time, but check and see what time the gates/doors open. You could try getting there at that time. Just tell him that since it's your first concert, you really don't wanna miss anything so you'd rather get there earlier, just to be on the safe side. x0x0
Casey L.

by purpleluver716 on 8/3/2011 4:03:12 PM

At my gymnastics studio level nines are there 25 hours a week. I'm on a team for girls who don't want to be there 25 hours a week. ( I'm practice four hours a week.)You could see if your club had something like that.

by gigishook on 8/3/2011 4:01:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm really bored at home, I'm the youngest of 3 and the only girl.I barely see my brothers.I have all kind of hobbies and wide variety,but anyway,I really want to chat up my friends,not texting,not on MSN,not IMing,I want to actually call them but I'm really shy and not many of them have their own cell phone so I have no choice but to call their home number.I feel really awkward when someone else answers,even if it was my BFF's 5 year old brother!I also always wonder what time I should call and my mind floods with questions like "What if they're busy?" and "What if they had something better to do?" And I don't talk alot at school so I feel like I'm a third wheel at times.So I always assume they're talking to somebody else.What should I do?? D: I really want to call them but I eventually come to the conclusion they have better things to do/better people to talk to.Especially by 2 BFFs,we're a trio so I feel left out often.HELP!

Hey girl,

I think you're stressing yourself out a lot more than you have to. When you call a friends house, just politely say, "Hi, may I please speak to _____". If the person says your friend is busy or can't talk, just say "Ok thank you, bye" and hang up. You can even practice doing this a few times before you actually pick up the phone. Your friends are your friends for a reason, so when you call it's not like they're not gonna want to talk to you. If they're busy, they will just let you know and then you can call back later or tell them to call you back when you're free. It's not a big deal at all. And if you're feeling left out by your friends, tell them. Surely if they know how you're feeling, they'll try their best to include you more. Good luck girlie! x0x0
Casey L.

by Shadow.Fall691 on 8/3/2011 3:17:04 PM

@Oceanlover69
2 hours a day may not seem like a lot but when you have school and other activities going on it can make juggling your time really hard and it is tough to not be able to hang out with your friends as much because you are always so busy, plus competitions take up even more time. i know because i swim two hours a day and it is hard during the school year. Casey L.

by AdviceSeeker on 8/3/2011 2:31:22 PM

I had the exact same problem, I was 10 and training 14 hours a week, I had to miss so many things. My mom wanted me to stay because honestly she loved it more then I did. Eventually 3 years later she let me quit but the last 3 years were really awful and so were my coaches

by xxcheerxxforxxlifexx on 8/3/2011 2:29:53 PM

I have a friend how has the same problem she done gymnastics since she was 4 years old and now she wants to quit cause she missed party s and going to the mall cause of practice but her mom and dad wont let her quit so your not the only one

by romeojuliet on 8/3/2011 2:00:16 PM

We don't know what her homework load/practice schedule is, or her school hours, or bedtime, so to everyone saying "THATS ONLY 2 HOURS A DAY!!", that might leave her with alot less time then you are thinking. Example, if she practices Mon-Wed-Fri, that's five+ hours a day. Assuming that she attends school for 8 hours a day, and she gets home at 3 then leaves for gymnastics, she will get home @ 8. That gives her only a few hours for homework, showering, studying and any kind of "me" time. Maybe she does practice two hours a day, everyday, but while you might get thirty minutes of homework a night as a 6th grader, she could be getting two-three hours a night as a junior in high school.  And my advice to her is that you have to really be serious about quitting before you ask your mom. I tried this over the summer and it didn't go well, so I dropped the matter and realized that I didn't want to quit. You have to be POSITIVE and form a good argument. GOOD LUCK!! xoxo Casey L.

by fireworks1071 on 8/3/2011 1:22:21 PM

i understand exactly how you feel. but at the end of the day i keep going. Smile

by muamua1j on 8/3/2011 12:28:25 PM

ya no offence but thats only 2 hours a day... so idk if u do it every day, but if u did thats not ad. and if u dont, that means some days you dont have it!

by oceanlover69 on 8/3/2011 12:12:40 PM

Mod mod! I'm also in gymnastics, training 16 hours a week. But I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I am very commited to gymnastics and my parents want me to be in it as long as I enjoy it, but they think it takes up too much time. My coaches work us very hard and I don't like them. they call me weak, little, a liar, and a chicken. I hate them but love gymnastics! What should I do?

Hey girl. I would look into other schools in your area! There is no reason for coaches to be some rude. Or you could have your parents talk to them.

mary h.

by gymnastqueen00 on 8/3/2011 10:04:54 AM

Teachers should understand if you are busy with your sport. And you just need to try your best to get it all done on time. You don't need to shower EVERY day as some people say and there is dry shampoo for hair and deodorant stuff for smell. 16 hours a week so 16 divided by 7...2 hours and something per day.
That's not bad. You have time for things! Unless you don't space your practice times like that.
Still I agree 100% with your Mother. You are lucky.
Learn to love it.

by thetruth on 8/3/2011 7:58:11 AM

Aw... i'm sure tons of girlies go through this. If anybody want to check out some cool clubs or needs advice COMMENT ON MY PROFILE & I'LL GIVE YOU THE DEETS!

by purpleorchid on 8/3/2011 6:26:41 AM

If anyone needs advice, come to my profile and you may ask me ANYTHING! Also join the club Fashion&Beauty if you want tips on fashion and beauty(:
Thanks guys Laughing

by meltingsundae42 on 8/3/2011 2:40:23 AM

I'm sorry you miss out on alot of stuff.Frown

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/3/2011 12:12:58 AM