12 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

15 HOURS AGO Spring rolls anyone!? This recipe is amazeballs: http://t.co/6NEPSeFm3o

16 HOURS AGO 10+ ways to pump up your boring ponytail: http://t.co/fryFYM1JmK

COMMENTS

The New Girl Code: Going from private to public

I have attended a private Catholic school for my whole entire life, but this coming school year, I’m going to a public high school...

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod
There is this girl who might be in my class this year.She gets really good grades and brags about it a lot. Also she spreads a bunch of rumors and/or makes up stuff a lot. I hate her and when she goes up to the teacher for help she always gets the answers.And one time my BFF was eating at breakfast one time (she takes a lot of maple syrup sometimes)pretty soon the whole table was staring at my BFF how do i get her to stop being so mean?

Hey girl!

Sounds like she's the typical mean girl who always gets what she wants! It's totally unfair right? The best thing you can do is ignore her. Do your best on your own school work and don't worry about what she's up to. Ignore the rumors too, since you know they're made up! If she ever does anything to you personally, it's worth telling her to stop. Maybe she doesn't even realize the effects of her actions.
Rachael A.

by PlushPurplePanda on 6/22/2012 2:26:04 PM

Don't worry about it public school is not as bad as you think it is. You can wear what ever you want to wear. You would also make good friends.

by fairy farmer on 6/9/2012 2:39:58 AM

i've been i basically the same school all my life and next year i going to public school. this helped alot cuz i had no idea what to expect. Smile

by TiCaL0ve on 6/4/2012 6:33:03 PM

I did the same thing a few years ago except I was going to 7th grade, and Carol is right it isn't a whole lot different yes it will be a lot bigger but you'll find you like your new school better and the work is easier! Don't worry you'll make a ton of friends also join as much extra car rivulets as you want it will help you make more friends! Good luck! Smile

by twise8484 on 5/26/2012 7:55:38 PM

I'm going through the exact same thing! The only thing different is I'm going into 8th grade not high school.

by nutmeg2009 on 5/12/2012 10:40:17 AM

I switched two years ago, and one thing you should know: the majority of public school consists of jerks who jump to conclusions when it comes to your thoughts and outlooks. But there's always AT LEAST one person who gets you completely! You just have to swallow that fear and charge in head on. That's what I did. Some threw me away in the trash, but others were really nice and amazing! JUST DON'T GIVE UP!

by potterandthedoctor on 4/12/2012 7:14:30 PM

MY mom is thinking to change me from Public to Private im scared if i dont find friends on the first day Help.

Hey girl,

It's normal to be nervous -- just find some girls who look friendly and introduce yourself! Check out these posts for tons of great tips on making friends at a new school. http://www.girlslife.com/tag/how-to-make-friends-at-a-new-school.aspx

Meghan D.

by Massieblockfan on 3/24/2012 10:23:40 AM

I'm right there with ya girlie! I've been attending a private school all my life and i'm gonna switch to a public high school next year. lol i'm super nervous too! don't worry;)

by myfatsquirrel on 3/19/2012 9:07:36 AM

That happened to me this year! You don't need to worry. I thought the exact same thing. They aren't that much different.

by dominae on 1/21/2012 10:10:40 PM

I go to a private school too and next year I'll be going to public high school. It's nice to know that there are other ppl with the same stituation as me ;)

by candyheart155 on 1/1/2012 9:38:31 PM