Bridget M.

is modding

3 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

6 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

7 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

The New Girl Code: Going from private to public

I have attended a private Catholic school for my whole entire life, but this coming school year, I’m going to a public high school...

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, I'm in eighth grade. in my homeroom, there is this really annoying kid, lets say his name is Charles. well, i'm the "smart girl" i'm not ashamed of it, but it's not like i brag. my little bro has ADHD, and there is a kid in my class like that. so i always help him out and have him listen to me when the teacher is busy. and i always volunteer for class. anyways, Charles hates me. for an unknown reason. whenever i raise my hand or say an answer, he says, very loudly, "kenzie thinks she's the boss!" he's been saying it for weeks! i tell him to stop, and so does my friend, but he doesn't. it makes me feel very bad about myself and i;m becoming ashamed and self-conscious, thinking i'm bragging or something, or i'm hideous or ugly, but i'm not! he's ruining my self esteem! and the teacher NEVER hears him! he also picks on the kid i help out. and we have a "bully report" system. but if i use it, i'll just get harassed even more. WHAT DO I DO?????

Hey girl,

USE THE SYSTEM. It's there to help you and should be entirely confidential. So talk to your teacher or counselor after school about this so you can bring their attention to it. During class in the meantime, challenge yourself to keep entirely cool when he says this. You're not being annoying, a know-it-all, or bragging. You're working hard and learning something. You're already ahead of him - you're smart and he's jealous of that. So stay calm, continue to raise your hand, and don't take what he says too seriously. Notice he's the only one chiming in about it? Everyone else hears him acting foolishly - he's only embarrassing himself!
Lauren C.

by callieluv21 on 11/3/2011 6:33:09 PM

i swiched from private middle school to public high school and its not too bad but i rely hate how rude some of the kids are and how much the kids swear its sorts annoing

by cute.monkey.14 on 9/15/2011 4:26:39 PM

well no I mean my mom is understanding I just don't want to make the wrong choiceFrown

by soccerlover557 on 8/25/2011 12:39:25 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
HELLLPPPP! my dad and sister live in Minnesota and I made the choice to move up here too for my sister... but the thing is, I hate it.. the school is HUGE and im coming from a small prep school! I think that I should move back to dallas with my mom, but the school there has already started so I would come in late, and i have already changed my mind about where i want to be once before and i don't want to make anyone angry, but I just dont feel at home here... UGH this is such a mess! please help!!

I suggest you talk to your parents. Theyll be able to give you advice and understand your situation. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by soccerlover557 on 8/25/2011 12:37:23 AM

I used to go to a Catholic school and now i'm switching to a public high school! I'm alittle nervous, but at the same time excited! ;D

by soccer babe <3 on 8/24/2011 3:57:50 PM

MODMODMOD! I'm in eighth grade, so next year i go into high school. I want to go to a high school that i think will be better for me. They have a pool on campus (I want to be on the swim team since I am on one in the summer), they have more class options (like forensic science) and the lunch catering system actually listens to the students opinions. The only downside is that it takes 15 minutes to get there. The high school that I'm supposed to go into doesnt have all of that. I dont have many friends at my middle school and they will all go to the not so great school with me. The friends on my swim team that I spend all of my time in summer hanging out with will go to the better high school. My dad says that he will let me try and get into the better high school, but my mom doesnt want me too! She says its because she had a bad experience switching schools at a young age, but her parents forced her. How do I change her mind???

Hey girl, talk to your mom about why you think you would like the other school better. Talk to her about why she didn't like switching schools- she wants to protect you and if she had a bad experience, she doesn't want you to have one as well. Explain to her that you think you can handle it and she might change her mind. Good luck!

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by rainingsunberry on 8/22/2011 1:53:08 PM

Hey Girls! I go to a private middle school and I just made a club for girls in Private middle and high schools. If you are interested in becoming a vice president, secretary,treasurer etc. please join my club and tell me! The club is under beauty/hair. My mistake! It is called "school girls" check it out so far it has no members. (I submitted it yesterday).

by prettypersuasion on 8/19/2011 5:37:50 PM

In the middle of fourth grade I moved half way across the country from a Catholic private school to a public school i was really really nervous at first but in fifth grade I made a ton of friends and I learned that it doesn't matter what religion u r.

by gizmo001155 on 8/18/2011 12:34:48 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!MOD!
I just moved this summer and im going 2 start 7th grade at a new skool. its been a really hard process 2 try and get me in2 a really gd skl. i honestly dont care that im going 2 the middle school, but i seriously dont want 2 go 2 their high skl. ive seen there high skl record, and its HORRIBLE!!! im sorda planning on playing college softball, but this school is goin 2 ruin my chances of playing. i want 2 tel my mom but i dont think she'll understand. she usually wants things 2 go her way but i cant let that happen this time. what should i do???

hey! is there any other parent or guardian you could talk to about it that might be more understanding than your mom?
Helen S.

by bacongirl9 on 8/17/2011 6:12:56 PM

i'm starting middle school this year , and it's my first time with a uniform . i know i can wear anything under my skirt except jeans , and wear my own shoes , but what else can i personalize ? thanks !

Accessories go a long way Smile

Brittany G.