1 HOURS AGO 1 lucky winner scores 3 new pairs of kicks, a pair for her BFF, PLUS a $200 gift card from @sugar_brand: http://t.co/zYxfribqfQ

2 HOURS AGO How's your luck lookin'? Check your #horoscope to find out: http://t.co/G3UNgFG7x0

19 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

COMMENTS

The New Girl Code: Going from private to public

I have attended a private Catholic school for my whole entire life, but this coming school year, I’m going to a public high school...

mod!!
i have to write a paper for school over the summer, and school is starting soon and ive hardly started it!! its for an advanced class that i know i am smart enough to be in, but whenever i try to start the paper i get so overwhelmed!! plus i am starting at a new school with new people so i am stressed enough already. do you have any tips on how i can get this paper done? its due on the first day of school so talking to my teacher isnt really an option

Hey girl,

If you really want to ask your teacher for help, your school probably has a directory where you can find your teacher's email address. As for finishing on time, make a plan of what you want to get done each day until school starts (for example, writing 2 paragraphs a day). It will make finishing the assignment seem more reasonable. School can be pretty overwhelming at times, so if you're still feeling the pressure when the semester starts, try talking to your guidance counselor or a parent about handling stress. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by jennntheswimmer on 8/15/2011 1:17:00 AM

haha where was this last year? I was in the exact same situation

by katie10marie96 on 8/13/2011 2:32:22 PM

I'm not exaggerating when I say that my friend is obese. She's the sweetest girl you've ever met, I fear for her future safety. She's extremely sensitive, and along with obesity, I have very good reason to believe that she's going to become a hoarder too. What do I do? She's 13, and I want to stop this before it gets into a habit she carries into adulthood.

Try talking to her when it's just the two of you. Keep the fact that your concern is for her future and not to pick at her

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by svds on 8/12/2011 11:08:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD I really want to be popular but IDK how Mary, if you answer this you know I've asked ALOT of questions that you've answered but this one is important how do I become popular? I'm sick of being the ten year old dork with glasses I mean it's already bad enough that Im the youngest in the classroom with a late b- day and when I was little I dreamed of being popular not mean girl popular but the nice most popular girl I could be. Thanks. XoXo, Nirvana fan

Hey babe. Don't feel bad about asking a lot of questions. It is totally okay! That is what Mods are here for. Popularity isn't everything and doesn't happen overnight. You need to try your best to be outgoing and nice to everyone. It sounds like the issue isn't how you look, but how you feel about it. A quick way to attracting people to you is to be confident in who you are (or fake it until you are!). Check out the articles on the friends section of the life channel. Read a bunch of different articles on any topic that seems remotely related to being shy or making friends. You never know what tips will work for you!

mary h.

by Nirvana Fan on 8/10/2011 10:24:51 AM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:26:00 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!!!I just got my schedule & have no classes w/ my besties! a couple not close friends r n my classes but my absolute best friends that i just met last yr but became super close w/ rnt in any of my classes! im not allowed to have a phone or an fb until i turn 13 in november, so ill have basically no way to stay in touch w/ them! should i talk to my parents about switching teams (u have all ur classes w/ teachers & kids on ur team there r 5 for my grade) or just try to make the best of it? also any ideas for ways to 1) stay in touch w/ my bgf w/o phone or fb? 2) stay close to last yrs besties & 3) make new friends fast! thanks! plz plz help fast! oh & advice from other members other than mods would be great too! <3

Hey girl,

Even though it might be hard for you, you should try to make the best of it. You'll make new friends in your new "team", you just have to be friendly! To stay in touch with your friends, try creating an e-mail group or calling them to make plans often. Good luck! x0x0
Casey L.

by sparklysydafrid on 8/9/2011 2:51:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm worried about this same thing I want to be popular at my new school but IDK how I want help on this and I'm worried about guys and stuff I'm 10 going into 6th grade just because I started school early I want help on how to get kinda close to a guy, without my mom and my stepfather flipping out. I'm also worried cause this new school is REALLY good with test scores I just read your middle school guide and it helped but If you can to I'd feel better. Thanks XoXo, Nirvana Fan ;)

Hey babe. 10 is a tad young to start dating, but if you start chatting with guys about things that you are both interested in you will find friends. Try joining a school club or team.

mary h.

by nirvana fan on 8/8/2011 8:37:28 AM

Hey chicas I went through the same thing in 6th grade. And to be honest it was probably the best thing ever. It will be kind of weird at first because you don't know anyone but everyone knows each other. Trust me though after you get past that first day everything gets a lot easier. Good Luck!!!

by proarchergal42 on 8/6/2011 10:28:29 PM

Wow, if any of u girlies need school advice comment back on my profile & tell me your problem!!!

by purpleorchid on 8/6/2011 6:45:29 PM

i hav the opposite problem... i was in private school since pre-k then in 4th grade we moved nd there were like nooooo catholic schools around (tht were good anyway) nd the public school was fantastic (award winning good Laughing) so ive been there ever since. in public school, to be brutally honest, i met my best and truest friends, and i'm sad to have to leave them for my freshman year. i'm now going to a private high school nd im going to live there! im kind of nervous, excited, scared, and everything in between! any gurlll wanna gimme advice? comment on my profile!!!! xoxo

by cheerkat22 on 8/6/2011 7:36:06 AM