6 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

7 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

8 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Will my boobs flatten in my sleep?

I've heard that if you sleep on your stomach, your breasts can become deformed. Is this true?

mod,3 questions with reasons.
1:is a headache a symptom of your period(i had one and my nurse asked right in front of a boy if i did.)
2:does sleeping with a bra on prevent boobs from growing(i do)
3:why do we have periods?
thanks-
Jasmine

1. I dont think its a direct sign. But it may be a side effect of having your period. 2. Theres no evidence for that but its best to sleep without to give them a break from the bra. 3. We have periods to prepare our bodies to give birth. Everything that happens to us during our periods (besides the bleeding) is the same as pregnancy and giving birth. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by divachick422 on 10/7/2011 5:35:40 PM

im fourteen and a half..and my boobs havent started growing AT ALL. im litterally flat. ive been extremely insecure lately. is something wrong with me?

Hey girl, no, not at all! People grow at different rates. Just continue to take care of yourself and know your bod is changing — just slowly.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by indigo on 9/12/2011 7:26:32 PM

I'm 14 (going into high school, here) and am a 34A. It SUCKS. Yesterday my cousin even called me flat chested...ugh! I always wonder about this, though! I feel like it makes them smaller...but I guess I'm SUPPOSED to be tiny... >.<

by GoneWithTheWind on 9/2/2011 6:47:49 AM

i have a question how do the mods work does somebody just pick one and give advice and how long does it take to get posted?

Hey girl,

We have a team of MODs that work to answer all the questions we get, as long as they aren't offenisve/vulgar/too personal in nature. We all have shifts from 10am til 1am and, during our shifts, we answer/approve every question submitted. So you can imagine that, sometimes, we get a LOT of questions to work through! Try to be patient and you can usually expect answer within a few hours, if not sooner Smile
Lauren C.

by dove204 on 8/29/2011 4:16:59 PM

I am in the same situation, I dont have a big chest and wonder almost everyday if they are growing. I just use the hand cup test but then my friend said you could be growing but so could your hands. But I think looking at them in the mirror and seeing if things feel tighter may give a good idea if you are getting bigger.

by luckykel on 8/29/2011 3:47:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! I'm 13 and have really small boobs but I think they're growing how can I tell?? Please help!!!!

by Horses25 on 8/28/2011 9:50:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm 13 and I have really small boobs but I think they are growing how can I tell?? Please help!!

by Horses25 on 8/28/2011 9:44:49 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!
I'm 12 now. I feel like my boobs are really small! I've met other 12 year old girls that were more developed than me. Is something wrong with my bod?

Hey girlie, nothing's wrong with you! Everyone develops at a different pace and while some girls have really big breasts, some girls always have small ones.
Lauren T.

by girloftheyear1999 on 8/25/2011 5:55:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
so im a dancer and im seeing a pattern in dancers boobs, they all have really small boobs and so do i but my mom has a dd cup size i know im still growing but will i have small boobs?????

Hey babe! Not all dancers have small boobs, and just because your mom has big boobs doesn't mean you will. You boobs can still come in, but it's your body and it will develop however it's meant to. You should love your bod no matter how big or small your boobs are! xoxo
Jess W.

by Balletgirl1198 on 8/23/2011 1:13:51 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm 11 and I have big boobs for my age. I need to look younger so I can audition for something. Is there anyway I can do that without hurting my top half or anything squeezing too tight? Please help! They want girls who look about 7-10 years old.

Hey girl,

There's no way to make your boobs smaller, but there are ways to dress to downplay them. First, make sure you're wearing a full coverage bra that fits your bod. Don't go for any plunging necklines or any "revealing" cuts. Don't tuck in your shirt, and be sure not to wear a shirt with any details over the boobs (or one that fits too tight). And lastly...dark colors and a cropped blazer will be your BFFs! Good luck!
Lauren C.

by msbubble5 on 8/15/2011 7:25:17 PM

Join my club "advice about EVERYTHING"

by Kissible on 8/9/2011 9:44:39 AM

(hmm,interesting. about the period thing) good to know!!!! everything is very nice on this website!

by whodosntluvme on 8/8/2011 5:32:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Is it normal to have one boob slightly bigger than the other? I think it is but I don't know so please help!

Hey gal. Totally normal. Nothing on your body is symmetrical.

mary h.

by talia14 on 8/8/2011 2:15:12 AM

Well thanks you just answered my question. I just got home from a weekend at the lake and i had fell asleep on my boob, while i was on my period, and the next day when i woke up my boob hurt relly bad. Then to top that off that day while tubing behind our boat we hit a big wave and my friend elbowed my in the boob. It hurt sooooooooo bad!!!!!!

by mellamooluvu104 on 8/7/2011 11:27:41 PM

this is just kinda gross....i'm a bit sensitive about this type of subject...

by maiya.pup11 on 8/6/2011 4:58:17 PM

My doctar told me that girls usually only grow an inch or two taller after the get their period. I think that's BULL!

by filaluvva on 8/6/2011 4:47:58 PM

@526love
this isn't completely a myth. my doctor told me that you stop getting taller a year or two after you get your period, so you might not necessarily be taller, but you will grow longer if you know what i mean

by hopelt_dancergirl on 8/6/2011 2:06:37 PM

MODMODMODMOD!!
ok so I've gotten my period like four times and the last time I had it was like three weeks ago and I usually get it every five weeks. Before it I never rly have any discharge and I have no idea why but my underwear is getting soaked with discharge!!!! This has never happened to me before and it's really annoying. I'm wearing panty liners but do u have any ideas why this could be happening?????? HELP!

Hey girlie, it's just a part of puberty. Don't worry about it.
Lauren T.

by mibi11 on 8/6/2011 1:52:22 PM

When I wear training bras, my breast tends to not grow. But, when I wear a size up, its seems as if it grows in.

by indianstyle7 on 8/5/2011 8:44:13 PM

why does every girl with small boobs want big boobs? they're not so great. big boobs can give you back problems and sag when youre older. guys WILL NOT take their eyes off your boobs either. and when you run, big boobs flop around and are uncomfortable.

as for me? i LOVE my small boobs because i dont (and never will) have any of these problems that i've listed above.

now dont get me wrong, there are bad things about small boobs too. insecurities about not having the "right size" boobs, guys not liking you because you have small boobs, and a few more. and im NOT trying to say big boobs are bad, im just saying, if you have small boobs, dont worry about them staying the same size. and dont try things to make them bigger. just be happy with the boobs you have.

by metrostation3xx on 8/5/2011 5:50:05 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!!
hey is There any exercise that makes your boobs actually grow bigger? I have tiny boobs and someone told me that after you get your period your boobs only grow in the next 2 years. I only have 1 year left and they haven't even grown!
any advice??
and also im confused what ARE curves and how do you know if you have them?

hey! no exercise will dramatically increase your breast size. curves are simply a part of your silhouette, around your waist and breast areas.
Helen S.

by ALdancer on 8/5/2011 5:43:50 PM

Mod mod mod! So I'm 14 and my little sister is 12. She just started her period today, but I haven't even started yet. I can't help feeling that I am "young" for my age and I'm a bit upset at her even though I know she didn't choose to have it. Is this normal that my sister started before me even though she is 2 years younger? How can I stop feeling mad that my little sister is more mature than me? Thanks so much!

hey! don't worry period does not equal maturity. the mature thing for you to do would be to realize that getting a period is not all it's cracked up to be. It's a coming of age passage, but if you just let it happen and stop worrying about it in a competitive way, you'll be a much happier person.
Helen S.

by eco_chica on 8/5/2011 4:50:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need to know!! Is it true the longer it takes for you to get your period the taller you will be???

Hey girly,

Sorry, this is a myth.

Catie C.

by 526love on 8/5/2011 2:22:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Is it true that you shouldn't sleep with a bra on becuz then "your boobs can't breath".

Hey girly,

Yep, that's right!

Catie C.

by fungirl123 on 8/5/2011 10:26:48 AM

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/5/2011 1:30:00 AM

hahaha this us so funny because i was talking to someone in P.E. last year and they said "did you know if you run with your bra on your boobs will sag? and that if you sleep on your stomach they flatten, and if you sleep on your back they do too but if you sleep on one side then they'll droop to that side" i didnt beleive it but pretended to. after all who wants to hurt a friends feelings you know?

by halekelsey on 8/5/2011 12:47:00 AM

Thank you ive been wondering that cuz i sleep on my stomach and,well, "they" arent exactly visible.

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/5/2011 12:34:54 AM