1 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 cutie cozies up to the coral craze with @livefashionABLE's Etanesh scarf: http://t.co/u6kdgFkmia

2 HOURS AGO Beat summer boredom, celeb style: http://t.co/e13QhQBPKt

14 HOURS AGO Is your best friend a true friend? Take the quiz to find out: http://t.co/oqUldKXc7j

COMMENTS

Your 10 biggest exercise and eating questions answered!

We took your health head-scratchers straight to the pros.

Okay, so I'm 5'1 and I weigh 156 pounds. I really want to lose weight, but I either eat when I'm bored, skip exercise, or just plain overeat. I want to feel good about myself before school starts, but I just can't seem to stick to my plans. I'm starting eight grade, and I don't want to be unhealthy. I also want to try out for cheer leading this year. Help?

Hey girl! The key to eating healthy is everything in moderation. Whenever you get a craving, try waiting 20 minutes, and it will probably go away. Then, when you are hungry, fill yourself up on healthy foods. If you continue doing this, you'll actually end up craving healthy foods instead of sugary and fatty foods. Remember, when you eat well, you feel well, and will have more motivation to stay with a healthier diet.  As for exercise, make a plan- and stick with it. The more routine your workout is, the more likely you are to stick with it. Try running every morning, or doing cardio everyday once you get home from school. It doesn't matter how fast you go, as long as you go! Last but not least, be proud of your body. You deserve to feel good.

Caroline C.

by itsjustlexie on 6/18/2013 1:15:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
One of my best friends is not active, healthy, and is kinda round...she won't work-out with me. Another thing, we're veggies so it's important we're healthy but she just doesn't want to be! How can I help her??? Am I being too pushy, I just want what's best with her. I've never forced her to do anything, I tried introducing her to yoga (I love yoga!) and eating healthy but she like refuses. We are only in Middle School, and I don't know what to do. HELP ME!!! Please Smile

Hey girl.

If she's happy with her weight and her lifestyle, then you can't really do much. Let her make her own decisions. Don't try to push her any harder because it might seem to her like you're trying to change who she is and how she looks. You can casually suggest she hit the gym with you every so often, but don't bug her about it. Hopefully she'll come around eventually!
Katelyn L.

by kceciliac on 8/18/2011 4:11:56 PM

**********MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD**********
I love to go to the gym and workout but it is a lot more fun when I am with a friend. My best friend really wants to get a membership but her mom won't let her. She says that exercising "stunts your growth" and that we "don't need to". Does it really stunt your growth? How can I convince her mom to let her get a membership without being to pushy?
Please help :/

Hey girl,

Uhh... I've never heard of exercising stunting your growth. As long as you don't exercise in dangerous excess, it's really good for your heart, mind, and rest of your body! Instead of going to the gym for all your workouts, why not meet your friend at the park to do some workouts there with her? Obviously you can't do weight training or other machine exercises there, but you can do stretches, core training, muscle toning, and cardio. Having a friend to motivate you is super important - so including her whenever you can (instead of trying to convince her mom on something she prob won't budge on right now) is the best plan!

Lauren C.

by angelp9 on 8/16/2011 12:19:30 AM

Hey girl,

I'm sorry, but I'm not qualified to answer this question for you. Make sure you're eating healthy, well-balanced meals and getting enough physical activity every day. If you're worried about your weight, ask your doc - he/she is a professional and will be able to give you the best advice on this one <3

Lauren C.

by beccamadaline on 8/12/2011 5:27:27 PM

***MOD MOD MOD*** (please answer) Well I'm 12 and 6 months old. I'm 5" and 95 pounds Am I overweight? Lately I've been more hungry, and I don't have a doctors appointment for a while! Thanks!

Hey girly,
No worries. You are totally fine. The fact that you are wanting to eat more is just a part of puberty. If you're still worried, then make an appointment to visit a doctor.

Catie C.

by dolcecupcakes on 8/12/2011 1:07:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
hey i go to the park almost every week day with my grandma and my friend to do some light weight exercise and i ride my bike there is that good exercise or should i like work out a little bit more or step it up a notch?

Hey girl, that sounds like great exercise! It's all about saying active, and you're doing each day!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by animallover126 on 8/11/2011 10:06:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD HOW CAN I DO MY HAIR LIKE THE GIRLS IN

Hey! In what hon?
Helen S.

by cet on 8/10/2011 5:32:51 PM

MOD! Okay so I want to start running or exercising more in general and eating healthier. I'm happy with my weight I just want to be healthy and fit. What are some simple ways to start?

Hey girl. Start slow. Make small changes like drinking more water and eating more fruits and veggies. Find a way to move that you enjoy. Check out the exercises on the site for more ideas.

mary h.

by bubbles4567890 on 8/10/2011 1:09:44 AM

Hey girls! If you like to read, write or both could you please join my club "Bookworms & Writers"? I am trying to reach at-least 55 members by the end of the week and right now I'm at 43. I would really appreciate your help! Smile
~Lexi♥

by LexilicousCandy on 8/9/2011 10:22:47 PM

MOD
I found a really easy and good way to lose weight. The only problem is that I wont be able to do it when school starts. How can I keep doing what I'm doing if I can't do it during school?

Hey girl,

Instead of following that specific plan, see if you can just try to eat healthy during the school day and then exercise after school, to keep your healthy plan going. x0x0
Casey L.