4 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

8 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

9 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

COMMENTS

Am I a late bloomer?

I read that you usually get your period around the same time your mom did. If that's true, I should have my period by now…

i started like at 12 i thought i will be later

by thegirlwithamask21 on 12/2/2012 4:04:10 PM

Yeah my mom started at 16, and I started at 13. That is just meant as a guesstimate, and not always the time you will for sure start.

by madds07 on 7/28/2012 10:32:47 PM

It isn't necessarily true about getting it the same time as your mom. My mom got hers at 15, my sister at 13 or 14, and
I'm 13 and haven't started it yet but I just started getting discharge.

by loki94 on 4/15/2012 2:20:27 AM

Hey i am 13 years old and i am 5'1 and i still havent gotten my period....i am bra size 34b and i have had discharge and public hair...... Ummm when do u think i will get my period???? I am really prepared for it and stuff i have pads in my locker but its not coming....My doctor said around january but that was like a month ago ,......thanksSmile

by Kaleigh.Patton on 2/8/2012 10:02:25 PM

I'm 12 years old and I'm flat chested. Im really nervous because all my friends are talking about their periods. they always secretly share pads. My mom said I should be happy that I dont have to go through what their going through,......but Im not sure. My mom had hers and 12, but the doctor said I'm probably wont have it for another couple of years. Am I normal?

by candycharms on 2/3/2012 4:23:39 PM

Hey Prett Tee, it can be hard to predict when exactly one's period is coming. Since you've been having so much discharge, my guess is that it's on it's way. So get prepared now by reading about menstrual cycles on our period page. Hope this helps! Xoxo

So How long is it supposed to take for my period to start I'm 12 years old and I've had discharge since I was 11 so it says 6-18 months and it's been taking forever and anyways I don't feel comfy talking to my mom about it so I talk to the school nurse and she and my friends who have it give me advice. So MODs please help me I'm rlly discouraged right now so please help ASAP. Lynae P.

by Prett Tee on 1/21/2012 4:10:56 PM

Ur period sucks and MOD MOD how do I tell my boyfriend about it
I want him to know when it's my time of the month in case I have bad
Mood swings. I don't want to make him feel bad

Hey girlie,

The next time you do have one of those mood swings and you say something emotional that you didn't mean, immediately apologize and tell him the truth - simply, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it. It's that time of the month, I'm just all moody." Guys don't wanna know all the details about periods...that'll explain it to him! Smile
Lauren C.

by JJ523 on 1/7/2012 12:27:42 AM

Hey so im 12 and have been getting discharge for a couple months. All of my friends have their periods and i feel weird when they talk about it. They arent mean about it or make fun, i just feel left out. Around what time will i get my period??? HELP!!! I really wanna know so im prepared.

Theres absolutely no way to guess that. But i bet it will come soon. Be patient. Getting your period isnt the most exciting thing ever so time without is it never a bad thing. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by Punky99 on 12/25/2011 8:50:42 PM

Hi, I was the one who commented that my comments weren't showing up... hopefully this one does! Lol. Okay, so I was wondering if you could help me out and give your opinion on when I might get my first period. I am 12 1/2 years old and I have been growing boobs and pubic hair since I was 9.. my boobs are kinda small (32a) but I sort of have a lottt of hair lol, yeahh, akwardd. I am very small.. I am ___ pounds and 4'10" lol, but my grandma and a few other relatives are petite as well. My mom got her period when she was in 7th or 8th grade (I'm currently in 7th grade). I have also been getting discharge for a year now, and it feels wet and gross in my panties lol. A year ago, my doctor said I would probably get it in about 6 months to a year. I also have to shave my armpits. Oh, and my boobs are REALLY sore when I wake up in the morning lol and I don't wear a bra to bed or anything. When do you think I might get it?? Thank you so much in advance! Smile

Hey girlie,

You're definitely progressing normally through puberty and sound very healthy! Unfortunately though, none of us can exactly predict when you'll get your first period - not the mods, not your doctor. It could be within the next 6 months to one year like your doctor said, but some girls don't get it until they're 16! It's kinda a waiting game - I know, total bummer. Just make sure you read up on periods, stay prepared with a pad so you're not caught off guard, and most of all be patient Smile
Lauren C.

by ninabeanxoxo99 on 12/22/2011 5:35:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD My comments aren't showing up!

Hey girl, try sending them in again I'll be sure they get approved. Smile Smile