4 HOURS AGO Find out what your go to fall fashion trend is! #GLFashion http://t.co/5YPicHugUv

5 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes http://t.co/rxV4mmtlqo

6 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

COMMENTS

Am I a late bloomer?

I read that you usually get your period around the same time your mom did. If that's true, I should have my period by now…

i got mine at 13. my mom got hers at 14.

by beccamadaline on 8/12/2011 5:31:10 PM

Not always. Some girls think "Oh. My mom got her period a day after her 14th birthday so i have to also." That did happeh to my big sister, but im 11 and i have had my period already.

by Girl10 on 8/12/2011 1:09:18 PM

mod mod mod
hey, i usually hav white discharge, and then a couple weeks ago it turned yellowish, now its back to normal, but now im getting cramps in my lower stomach, is this normal?

Hey girl, yellowish-white discharge sounds normal, and it sounds like you might be getting your period soon. x0x0
Casey L.

by guitargirl7321 on 8/11/2011 1:37:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD HELP!
So I was browsing through comments on a video about periods (bubzbeauty) and I came across a really saddening comment. One girl said that her fallopian tubes are misshapen or something so she doesn't get periods and she can't have children. A couple other people said that too. How common is it that girls are born without reproductive organs? And how do you know if you are? I haven't had my period yet, my doctor said I'm a late bloomer. But... I just want to have children and I'm afraid that it might happen to me!

Dont stress about that!! Youll get your period soon Smile just give it time. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by juliamusica on 8/11/2011 12:27:18 AM

Smile

by *kirsten* on 8/10/2011 11:10:25 PM

It has nothing to do with when your mother got it- because even though I don't know when my grandmother got it, one of my aunts got it in 3rd grade (so she was 8...I think- she has a l8 June birthday), but my mom didn't get hers until she was a junior in high school. I got mine in 8th grade right around Halloween. So that proves that genetics play a very small role in your period- or looking at in a convoluted way, causes it, because of our chromosomes (X vs Y).

by Irishdancerzrule on 8/10/2011 4:42:22 PM

lol sooooo not true my mom was 14 almost 15, my sis was rite bout to turn 13 wen she got it, and they ddint get warning signs no discharge cramps or anything, and i guess im the lucky one cuz i get all the signs and still no period, the only real way u can tell if ur gonna get it soon is if u either get spotting or go to the gynocologist, but thts kinda silly to do cuz it wood probly be really uncomfortable wen u know ur eventually gonna get it, but im almost positive drinking alot of green tea makes u get it rlly soon, so i guess u cood try it if u want it tht bad

by guitargirl7321 on 8/10/2011 4:16:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD! My period is super heavy this week, and tomorrow I'm going to an amusement park with 20 people. We're riding in a 22 passenger van, so I can't change my tampon during the ride. Any suggestions on how to deal? Especially with my bad cramps. THANKS!

Hey girl,

If you change your tampon right before the ride and then right when you get to the park, you should be fine. And to deal with the cramps, bring some ibuprofen with you. x0x0
Casey L.

by laughingfirecracker on 8/10/2011 4:07:32 PM

I dont think thats true .. I got my period about 2 months after I turned 13 and my mom got her period when she was 9. Besides, dont rush for your period ... Its not that great. Lol Smile

by HeyitsKelsie on 8/10/2011 2:06:38 PM

That is so not true because my mom got her period when she was fourteen ,my sister got hers when she was thirteen and I got mine on my 12th birthday so its really up to how fast your body matures.

by CuteyGirl99 on 8/10/2011 11:48:57 AM