2 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

5 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

6 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Big ambitions? Score support from Mom and Dad right now

I'm starting high school this fall and my parents told me to think about careers...

My Parents would support me in what ev. i want to do. (not like flipping burgers and stuff hahaha)

by abbygirl12 on 8/13/2011 10:29:20 PM

Mod mod mod... I am interested in any type of preforming arts.Any advice on where to start and how to get better at what I possibly want to do in the future? Please and thank you

Hey chica!  That's awesome that you want to get started on your goal!  I think it would be great if you could find a way to get involved in a group that matches your interests.  If your school has a drama club, choir, or plays, see if you can join or audition.  If not, check your community - there may be options for local theaters or even just acting or voice lessons.  Ask an adult to help you find something if you're stuck!  Best of luck!!

Marie H.

by rebmaa on 8/13/2011 4:35:20 AM

MOD
There are a few careers I have been thinking about. Some are practical, others not so much. The impractical ones sound so fun, but I'm not sure how much success it would bring verses the practical ones. Any advice on which I should chose?

Take a career aptitude test Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by baibeecakes on 8/12/2011 11:04:49 PM

I'm trying out for a performing arts high school next year and I have to write my own original monolouge. I just don't want it to be something typical and unoriginal. How can I get ideas about what to write? Thanks

Take notes from real world situations--sit in a cafe, park, etc. and listen to those around you for inspiration Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by fern09 on 8/12/2011 10:51:20 PM

My parents are doing the same thing with me. I could tell they because they were starting to make hints and ask a lot of questions. And because they were and kind of still are discouraging my relationship with my bf.

by luckykel on 8/12/2011 10:27:01 PM

I'm entering Junior High, and I'm already started on planning for college. Insane right? But it will be worth it in the end!

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/12/2011 2:47:49 PM

very useful!

by fallsb-ball on 8/12/2011 10:28:50 AM

Hey girls! My name is Maggie and I have been giving you guys advice here on GL for a year now and I absolutely LOVE doing it Smile I just wanted to let you know that I am now an ADVICE QUEEN! My advice queen page is going to be kept for guys/dating only but if you ever have a question about anything else NEVER hesitate to comment on my profile! Please join my advice queen page...I can't wait to start helping you guys figure out the boys in your lives!

Thanks for joining!

xoxo,
Maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/12/2011 10:02:09 AM

What I want to do is exactly what my Dad DOESN'T want me to do.

by smileysevvie on 8/12/2011 8:43:44 AM

My parents will find a way to shoot me down no matter what job I choose. I need to figure out what i want to do with my life. And I need to do it now.

by thetruth on 8/12/2011 6:45:05 AM