8 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

11 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

12 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Glasses are messing with my game!

Is there any way to improve my eyesight so I don't need to wear glasses while playing sports?

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Today at school we did an eye test and I couldn't see a thing...well I think. I don't know if I was just psyching myself out or if i am psyching myself that I don't need glasses. because when I was in third grade (7th grade now) i got my eyes check and they said i had a stigmatism and i can't tell if it has gotten worse. I have told my mom sometimes its hard to see but I am scared when I get my eyes checked my mom may be angry if I don't need glasses and say I wasted her money. And to top it off my friend just got glasses and I don't want it to seem that I am jealous and want attention. So really the problem is I am scared I will get my eyes checked wont need glasses my mom will be angry and my friends will think I am a attention feeder! Help please I dont know what to do.

Hey girl, if you're worried about your eyesight, you should definitely tell your mom.  Hopefully she'll be happy to take you to an eye doctor.  If you don't need glasses, it'll be great that you don't need to buy them and none of your friends will think you're stealing their thunder.  But if you do need glasses, it will be so great that you found out that you do, and none of your friends should blame you for stealing anyone else's attention.  Good luck, chica.

Karin E.

by zippyhorse on 4/22/2013 3:48:51 PM

I don't mind glasses if they are cute... but most glasses aren't! Wish I could find a trendy pair of glasses!

by pinkstardust07 on 4/19/2013 2:27:18 PM

Dude, I have contacts and I dance, but I never wear contacts while dancing unless its a performance. Why? If you get hit in the eye or something, it can really hurt you. Also contacts can fall out of your eyes. Its REALLY scary cuz it happened to me when I had just gotten my contacts. Be glad you have glasses! You could try getting a tighter pair...

by topaz1116 on 9/3/2012 10:22:47 PM

I used to have glasses and felt the same way! My mom decided I was old enough to have contacts. Trust me, just wait it out until your mom is ready and it will pay off-- BIG time!

by timber_12 on 9/18/2011 12:30:07 AM

That stinks my mom told me for my 11th birthday I could get them. Just hang in there and I know what you mean I went through it for 4 years too.

by AbbyRae on 9/16/2011 3:44:57 PM

I have the same problem! I have pretty bad eyesight and I'm not allowd to wear my glasses during soccer games, so I'm pretty much blind and end up playing horrible. Rec specs (sports goggles) are really expensive and I don;t want contacts but I guess I'll have to choose. \:

by simply_isabella[: on 8/23/2011 12:06:36 PM

CALLING ALL GURL WHO LUV POPULAR BOOKS!
Join my club called popular books! we talk about popular young adult books such as:

THE CLIQUE
HARRY POTTER
THE TWILIGHT SAGA
MONSTER HIGH
THE HUNGER GAMES
AND much more!

join 2day

by briana13 on 8/17/2011 10:16:43 PM

Em Ma Gawd! That's that exact same with me!( except I don't play sports. Ever.) If your glasses keep getting in the way, take em off and just play your sports!

-Anastasia987

by anastasia987 on 8/17/2011 4:48:54 PM

I had a "dip" in eyesight when I was about 10, then one day I woke up and felt dizzy and my ears were plugged- the next day I was tested (eye/ear) and I had improved- creepy!

by RaceTiger7 on 8/15/2011 1:48:11 PM

I'm getting contacs soon.

by isa19dance on 8/15/2011 12:32:48 PM

i know what you mean! i have glasses too but i only wear them when my eyes start to strain and i get headaches.

by filaluvva on 8/15/2011 12:14:51 PM

There are now these hard contacts called CRTs that you wear at night and they hold your vision throughtout the day. I have been wearing them since January and now my eyes are 20/20 in the daytime.

by tiktokgal on 8/15/2011 1:05:32 AM

Hi girls! Join my club Gorgeous Girlies! We're dishin' out fashion advice, beauty tips, and trends! And right now, I'm looking for people to be VP, Secratary, and Treasurer! Just comment on my post listing what position you'd like and why you think you'd be good at it!(:

Thanks!

by baibeecakes on 8/14/2011 7:51:45 PM

at least u can help it ive had bad eyesite and worn glasses since three and my eyes will only get worse never better

by 7-11-99 on 8/14/2011 7:09:43 PM

JOIN MY CLUB!!! advice on everything. click on my user name and join the club Advice ASAP. Vice president and other chairs are still open and first come first serve! Advice on whatever you need ;)

by 4202_luver on 8/14/2011 6:35:51 PM

Hey girls! I've loved giving you advice on GL for about a year now and am happy to announce that I am now an ADVICE QUEEN! yay! My advice queen page is about guys/dating only but if you need advice about anything else never hesitate to comment on my profile! Please join by Advice Queen page if you want your most complex guy questions answered asap! Feel free to ask or talk about anything...I promise I won't judge you. I will give you my honest opinion about everything from whether I think your crush likes you to if your relationship sounds like it's built to last.

Thanks for joining!!

xoxo,
Maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/14/2011 5:40:40 PM

i hate glasses!!! had them since i was 5

by bacongirl9 on 8/14/2011 5:34:09 PM

I have really really bad eyesight. I can't see far away at all. I convinced my parents to let me get contacts cause I play a ton of sports and I hate how I look in glasses. You should try getting contacts cause once your used to them they are really easy and great for sports.

by skatefun on 8/14/2011 5:21:02 PM

I know you can't help it all the way but carrots are good for your eyesight for sure!

by queenra on 8/14/2011 5:05:49 PM

You should definitely try Paragon CRT. it's not necessarily contacts, but you wear them at night and then take them off in the morning and it corrects your eyesight. I wore them for over a year now, and it's great. :]

by sallyeyekate on 8/14/2011 1:09:57 PM

Wy can't u wear contacts they'll help.

Hey girls!!!!!! Come join my club beautiful babes bootcamp!!!! I give advice on any topic!!!! Especially fitness so come join!!!!Smile

by sweetautumnsunshine on 8/14/2011 12:32:42 AM

i saw the goggles when i was at the eye doctor. i wouldnt wanna be caught wearing those.

by muamua1j on 8/14/2011 12:19:28 AM