9 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

11 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

12 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

I'm afraid my parents are gonna get divorced

My mom and dad fight all the time. I don’t know what to do about it…

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My dad just told me that he's been dating this woman and they want to get married on New Years. I met her today. She's nice, but I don't want her to replace my mother (she died when I was like 4). I still miss her and I'm kind of offended that my dad warns to replace her. I'm so confused. What do I do?

hey girl! wow, that sounds like a really tough situation, and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. I can assure you your father is not trying to replace your mother. Rather, he's starting a new chapter in his life. Being a widowed parent is really hard, and it's really difficult when you lose your life partner and never find another one. Your father is probably very happy to have found a woman to spend the rest of his life with, so even though its hard, try your best to be happy for him. I'm sorry its all so sudden though. Stay strong! xoxo

Katie L.

by Kat_13 on 12/24/2012 1:37:05 PM

Also if you sense a fight coming, try calming down the most approachable of your parents...

by topaz1116 on 8/29/2012 4:03:02 PM

I go through the same thing too... You get used to it, though (I've been hearing it since I was really little) The thing is, the fights usually happen if both your parents have a temper...

by topaz1116 on 8/29/2012 3:47:41 PM

I'm VERY sensitive. Even when people forgive me, I still think about how horrible I am a few months later. So, I part board a horse. (That means she is half mine and I share her with another person) I let my friend ride my horse and my coach caught me in the act and said, "If you do that again, than you'll lose your horse." I felt really bad and sorry. Me and my coach are really close. I said I was sorry and she said "Oh don't worry about it, you didn't know." But I am having such a hard time forgiving myself, I can't get it off my mind and I'm really scared that we just lost some of our friendship. How can I learn to forgive myself? Every single time I wake up the first thing I remember is "Oh right, my coach got mad at me." Please help me to forgive myself.
Thanks!

Hey girl, I think it's important to realize like she said, you didn't know. It's good to be sensitive to reprimanding, but don't let the guilt plague you forever. Instead, channel that energy into rebuilding your relationship and showing your coach you've learned your lesson.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by horsebackrider12 on 9/26/2011 7:18:16 PM

My parents got divorced like 2 years ago. Its sad, but at least I don't feel like they hate each other. They don't fight that much anymore, so I'm happy.

by kaykayrock on 9/9/2011 7:39:18 PM

***********LINDSEYD9***********
Hey girl I saw your post and that really isn't right. Try to get your mom and brothers to listen to you for 5 minutes without them saying anything. When you have them quite just tell them how you feel and how it isn't right and it makes you feel bad. Believe it or not what they are doing is both verbal and physical bullying, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't like them. Chances are they don't even realize what they are doing to you. If this doesn't work than go to your school counselor and see if she/he would be able to help your mom and bros listen to you. Let me know how it works out!!!
<3 Jamie
PS need other advice come to my club It's A Girl's Thing. Invite your friends too if you want!! Can't wait to hear from you!!!!

by proarchergal42 on 9/4/2011 12:05:22 PM

***********LINDSEYD9***********
<3 Jamie

by proarchergal42 on 9/4/2011 11:57:27 AM

I'm going through the same thing. I understand we don't want a broken family...

by 11anna11banana11 on 9/2/2011 7:34:04 PM

-- The moderators can get reaaaaaaally busy with everything going on at this site (have you ever gotten a stock message saying they're currently busy and can't reply to your question?) So if you need advice, you can ask me Smile Hopefully this will help the mods a bit..--

Hey everyone Smile If you need to talk, I'm listening. Whether it's school, fashion, family, friends, (I'm cool with other topics too) I'll provide you with advice that comes from the most reliable source which you can trust- experience!

So feel free to ask about anything, because advice for you could double as advice for others. And yeah, it's true; no question is too weird/strange/awkward, haha. Things like that happen sometimes, but I've found that it's best to learn from my experiences, and enjoy life Smile

by foreverme! on 8/30/2011 3:18:56 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My parents actually ARE going to get a divorce. It's been a very tough couple of months and my dad has done some very stupid things that he regrets. I was told of this yesterday, but I only cried about it for like 10 minutes. I told my friend and i wasn't crying when i told her, but i wanted to be. I am confused to why i am so calm about this. My mom was crying last night talking to me about it. My dad went to his parent's house (two hours away) for a few days (but his dad also had to get a surgery, so i dont know if he was planning going up the whole time). The tears seem to come at very random times, and I dont know what to do about it... help please!

hey! when we're upset sometimes it comes in waves. I understand, one minute you're fine the next you're bawling. It's how our bodies deal with stress so the healthy thing to do is let it out. so sorry about your troubles, stay strong!
Helen S.