1 HOURS AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

2 HOURS AGO 9 must-read books to binge on this weekend: http://t.co/wvZcj2xuJz

3 HOURS AGO Amp your everyday look with @AboutFacesDay's bubble braid tutorial on @Fanlala: http://t.co/3ZoRU8NHie

COMMENTS

I'm jealous of my bestie's awesome summer vacay

Compared to her vacations, my summer at home stinks. I really can’t stand her bragging, but I don’t want to hurt her feelings...

MOD MOD
My best friend is seriously perfect at everything. She has the most friends, so great at school, gets parts in every play, and is just altogether perfect. We do the same things hobby wise and we are in a lot of the same classes in school. But I have really low self esteem because she beats me in everything! I do admit that I'm good at some of the same things she does but since she's "better" she always gets what I want. It's so hard to be her friend sometimes but I still love her to death. Is there anything I could do to higher my self esteem or any way I could make myself less jealous of her?

Hey babe,

This is not that unusual, believe it or not! We even have an article about just this subject - read it and I think you'll get some great tips to feel better Smile
Lauren C.

by rellim on 8/26/2011 5:50:29 PM

@SummerButterflies

Your bff doesn't seem like she really is your best friend. If you feel brave, calmly ask her if everything is alright between you. Mention that your friendship seems distant and if she still seems like your bff then make some plans, if not give her some space and definitely make some new friends. good luck!

by Meeshmeesh on 8/24/2011 6:23:31 PM

MODERATOR
i am really shy aroun people i don't know! help! Tong

Hey girl, it's natural to be shy when you don't know someone. So the next time that situation comes up, dare yourself to say him and do what you wouldn't usually: talk.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Gigilove321 on 8/23/2011 10:42:26 PM

My Summer has been great! And my school doesn't until August 30!

by buzzingbee on 8/23/2011 9:43:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i'm feeling kind of down. i feel like i'm not special. i'm good at school, am friendly, pretty good dancer, etc. teachers and parents like me. basically i'm average. but i feel like average isn't good enough! i want to be someone that my peers say "claire...yeah she is such a hard worker. she is so good in math" or something! also average isn't good enough if you want to get into a good college! how can i become more exceptional/special? thank yoou!
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl, by working hard. You're not average; you ARE special. But continue to put 100 percent in what you do. What's most important is you know you're one of a kind, not anyone else.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lootiegal on 8/23/2011 9:01:36 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/23/2011 8:26:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!
Please help! :/ I'm feeling a teeny bit depressed right now. Our town built a new middle school because we have only one middle school and half the kids went to the new middle school. A ton of popular girls came into my middle school from the Catholic School across the street. Last year my best friend and I were pretty popular and we spent all our time together. This year, she's totally ignoring me to be with the popular girls from my school. But last year we didn't have as many classes together and this year we do...Is that why she's ignoring me or what? Should I try to make new friends? Or just stay quiet until high school's over or what? Please answer
Thanks!

Alyssa B.

by SummerButterflies on 8/23/2011 7:28:30 PM

1 of my friends always goes 2 paris , africa and a bunch of places! Shes only 11! GRRRRR she has been to paris like 10 times

by oreolover123 on 8/23/2011 7:16:53 PM

mod mod
what grades go to the homecoming dance my bff thinks its not for freshman and my mom doesnt now
thanks

Hey babe! I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Homecoming dances are usually for freshmen too, but the grades to be able to go just depends on your school. Hope this answers your questions. xoxo
Jess W.

by coly33 on 8/23/2011 3:56:10 PM

mod mod mod
i'm having the same problem i'm just on the other side of the line and its just she is being so catty and im not going on and on about my vacation or bragging and i haven't been on vacation in 10 years while she goes to Vegas and Disneyland every other season and im just trying to tell her how special this is! should i say something?

Hey babe! Even if your bff is bragging about her vacays doesn't mean you should be upset. She's probably just excited about them and wants to share it with you. You can tell her about your summer too! Just try to be understanding. xoxo
Jess W.