10 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

14 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

15 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

I'm jealous of my bestie's awesome summer vacay

Compared to her vacations, my summer at home stinks. I really can’t stand her bragging, but I don’t want to hurt her feelings...

Mod!!
Okay, so one of my friends I met this school year and she hasn't called me yet. Should I look her up in the phone book or will I just seem like a stalker?

Hey girl!

Think about it this way: if she looked up your number in the phone book and called you, would you think it was weird or would you be happy? If you think it would be weird, then don't do it. But if you would be super happy if she took the effort to call you, then I bet she would be happy too. There's no way to make plans with her this summer without calling. So I say, why not call? You'll probably be happy if you do.

Rachael A.

by PlushPurplePanda on 6/22/2012 1:40:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My BFF and I txt everyday, we tell eachother EVERYTHING. Today she hasn't texted me back!! We usually text eachother back every ten seconds LITERALLY! I have texted her a few times throughout the day but she hasn't answered!!! She isn't busy, I know that for a fact! Why hasn't she been texting me??? Frown

Hey! there could be a ton of reasons, maybe phone issues, or maybe something's up, If you can talk to her you should find that out

Helen S.

by liv.laugh.love on 6/11/2012 7:51:36 PM

What are you complaining about my friend gets a tour of Europe it's so cool I'm a bit jealous but it's all good you should be happy for her ask her to bring back some cool pics and if you can be in touch with her research some stuff she can go see she'll be grateful and you will learn something new too so what she goes on vacation she will probably have good story's to tell bottom line be happy for her jealousy can ruin every thing

by Maximumdare on 4/13/2012 3:40:15 AM

MOD im jealos of my bff b cuz she is oalways around my crush and has a better conection with him. the reason she has a better conection with him is b cuz she playsfootball with him and i will not play football i am 2 girly. i no im friends with him but i want 2 b more. i don't no how 2 do that with her in the way. i feel like he wants 2 tate her can some 1 help me? i don't no wut 2 do, do i dump her???

hey girl! no need to be jeal of your bff. its not her fault this guy is diggin her. its hard, but go into this in a diff mindset. keep tellin yourself you're happy for her and guess what? you will start to be! ya want your bff to be happy, right? not every crush is gonna like ya back. happens to all of us! find a new guy to have your eye on! good luck!

xo, erin m.

erin m.

by BTRLVR81 on 3/27/2012 2:46:17 PM

i did not mean 2 do tat

by BTRLVR81 on 3/27/2012 2:38:52 PM

Thanks! I just created a club!!!

by Magzped10 on 1/27/2012 10:15:19 PM

Hey Magzped10, you can create an advice club where you help girls out. Or you could have them write on your profile and you response to them on your page or their profile. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!!
How can I become a "Modder"???? I really want to become one!!! I give great advice, and im wicked nice... How do I become one???Smile
~Magz Lynae P.

by Magzped10 on 1/27/2012 3:59:15 PM

Hey chick987, unfortunately we can't help who likes and dislikes us. If that's how she feels about you there's really nothing you can do. Just be sure to always treat her with respect and kindness even if she doesn't do the same. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I just got back from a fiends house and i am soo annoyed! Her mom sed to hate me! And she showed it! Now she has a little respect for me but i think shes starting to lose that too! I think it's becase me and my friend laugh ALOT when we are together and doesn't like what we do. She thinks i'm a bad influence. My other friend acctally tol dme that my friends mom came up to her and said she didnt like me!! What do i do? I have to be careful how i act and what i say when i'm around her! I hate it! Help plzz! Lynae P.

by chick987 on 1/7/2012 6:03:14 PM

I am also jealous of my friend. My friend Amberino is getting a ipod touch and a kindle and stuff like that from being in a car crash. I want that too. She always brags about it and sometimes i get on the verge of like screaming at her. But i cant hurt her. She wouldnt hurt me, but she knows that i can punch her in the stomache or face, too. Everyone knows not to push my buttons that much cause i can punch and am not afraid too. So yeah.

Hey chica, maybe you should take a break from hanging with her. Give yourself time to get over being mad at her. When you're ready chill with her again. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by MissClarkson on 12/21/2011 7:01:18 PM

modmodmodmod!
My friend is only in fourth grade..(she's like my sis, I'm in sixth though..]and she's dating a ninth grader.I'm worried about her.. he is very rough and I think he's forcing her todo things she doesn't wanna do. Plus there's a big age difference. I keep telling her it could be dangerous and its not really "right" but she says she is soooo in love.. I really don't know what to d. Everyone is concerned about her.. they have "alone" time and sometimes she comes home all depressed and not wanting to talk about anything. I think he smokes too... I can smell it when she comes home.. I want to help her but I just don't know how

Hey Girl,

You're a good friend for wanting to help out, but it sounds like your friend is too sucked into this guy for you to do anything. Fourth grade and ninth grade is a huge age difference, and I don't think your friends parents would approve. Since you're really worried about her, you should tell her parents, or an adult you trust who could help out. If you're close enough to her parents, you could ask them to not tell her you told them. If she finds out you busted her, she'll likely be mad, but it's worth it in the end, and eventually, she'll realize you did the right thing.
Rachel N.

by mimi_girl12 on 12/14/2011 3:09:11 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMODMOD!
Hi! Um, I dont have a lot of girl best friends and most of my friends are the guys. People always are mean about it. I mean, I have alot of best friends that are girls, but I can't STAND the bullying about always chillin' with the dudes. I dont blame you if you think I even talk like one. People ahev even started saying I should go out with my crushes friends. Help asap!

Hey girly, you just have to ignore those people. Those people are probably jealous they don't have the great friends you have, so don't worry too much about them. Just keep being cool with the guys and forget those other people. Smile

Lynae P.

by Charlotte12sky4 on 11/16/2011 6:41:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Okay, so I'm in 7th grade and my two besties both have boyfriends in 9th grade. They don't see anything wrong with it but I have heard that the boys in the older grades bet with each other about who can get the youngest girl. Which of course, are the seventh grade girls. I personally think its disgusting and wrong but my friends still think that they should keep their relationship with their BFs. What should I do?

Hey girl, I think you have to let it go. Maybe their BFs are using them. Maybe they're not. But how do you really know? Keep in mind that their relationships are their business and that while it's easy to buy rumors, what goes around isn't always true. Instead, be the supportive friend you'd want if you were in their shoes. Just be there for them. You don't have to love their BFs, but it's not fair of you to try to break them up either.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Tavia B. on 11/14/2011 4:59:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Alright. I'm having some friend troubles. Well really its not the both of us, it's just me starting to have a problem with her. So she likes to think she's perfect, she's the best at everything, doesn't take advice from anyone, she uses words that people our age shouldn't really be using, like bigger ones and all that, and it's really annoying. She likes to talk like she is perfect, everything is always a contest, like she always has to be better than me and follows me everywhere. I know I can't change the way she is, as in how she acts, but I don't know how to tell her I don't like her following me in a nice way. Anyway I say it, she'll take it wrong and think I'm mad at her. Since she thinks we are like the closet best friends in the world. She also get's jealous sort of when I go hang out with other people. My one friend doesn't like her all that much since she doesn't treat her the nicest. I'm so....... Confused of all of this. Can you help in anyway?

Hey babe,

The part where she becomes jealous when you hang out with people is a little annoying - if she gets in your face or gives you attitude about that, just be calm and remind her that you're your own person, you have your own life, and you are going to be friends with more than one person. It's healthier that way! But the other stuff honestly is her personality. Sometimes you start to see friends clearer the more you're around them, and it sounds like you're just clashing with her personality now. There's not much you can do there - you can't talk to her and ask her to change the person she is! So either try to take a deep breath and become a little more tolerant, or start to spend a little less time around her. There's nothing wrong with that - friends grow apart all the time. Just make sure you really aren't compatible as friends anymore if you're going to do that. It's possible that you're just not being patient enough with her!
Lauren C.

by pixie1599 on 10/28/2011 8:24:11 PM

MOD! Hi, I have a friend problem. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with me (like I'm jealous or something) but my best friend makes me mad ALL the time. It just seems like everything is always about her, sometimes she is really mean to me, sometimes she will talk to every single guy and everyone else except for me when we hang out. And it's annoying when she does these things. When I try to talk to her about something (like her flirting with every guy she lays eyes on and likes any guy I tell her I like) she always says things like okay how I do I do that and I never do that and you do it to. It's like she turns it around on me. What do I do? I want to be her friend.

Hey girl,

No one is wrong here, but I think there could be a better way for you to see your bestie and a better understanding you could have for her. Is it really wrong for her to flirt or talk to guys? That's her personality! She's out-going and we all have our flirty stages, so that's nothing to judge her about. Personally, I would try to take a deep breath when you feel yourself starting to get mad/annoyed at her, then focus on the situation. Is she really being mean to you or are you just not getting 100% of her attention - which, most of the time, you shouldn't expect anyway. (Our friends should have other friends, interests, hobbies, responsibilities, etc. It keeps things interesting!) As long as she isn't emotionally or physically hurting you, I think you need to try a little harder to be more tolerant. It's a tough thing for all of us to do, trust me! And we all have our days where everything annoys us. But you both deserve a more accepting, comfortable friendship - so try to slow yourself down and see her good qualities, while being honest about the real reason she's annoying you<3

Lauren C.

by 500935 on 9/22/2011 8:46:56 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
please help asap. ok so a really good friend of mine has recently got in a car wreck. her dad had passed away in it and she's in critical condition. i always feel like crying and im pretty miserable. school's tough cuz i can't concentrate. she has a contusion on her lung, and many broken bones. i'm really upset about this and i just want some sort of comfort. help please.

Hey girlie,

It is totally normal for you to feel shaken up about this right now. Accidents, injuries, and death are scary things to deal with - so it's normal to want to cry, feel helpless, and be scared about this whole idea of "death" itself. It's really uncertain! If comfort is what you're looking for, try talking it out to someone who isn't just going to tell you, "It'll be ok." This means a school counselor, a clergyperson, or a mentor (teacher, boss, aunt/uncle). They can help you get your feelings out, then work through them and give you ideas of things you can actually do to work past it. Make sure you actually voice your concerns and ask them the questions you want answered! Once you start facing your fears and talking about them straight on, you'll feel your mind start to clear and you'll be able to focus again over time <3 Writing your feelings in a diary and letting yourself cry about this are also really important - crying brings relief from the pressure you feel after keeping those emotions inside.

Lauren C.

by photographygirl1497 on 9/15/2011 5:02:26 PM

Is a mod gonna reply to my question?

Hey chica, I'm super busy right now trying to answer all you guys! Hit up some of your gal pals on here like facebooker1240 for help! I'm sure they'll be willing to lend a helping hand! Smile Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by TheMentalistgurl on 9/14/2011 7:42:04 PM

put your hand over your mouth
make a wish
post this on 10 other polls
look at your hand

by Integrity on 9/14/2011 7:22:03 PM

Just to let the website know... I've submitted this question 5 times here and don't see it. Please answer! This is a serious question and I need help.

MODMODMODMOD!
I've been bullied since Monday and it's already started to affect me. Before it was just words. It hurt, but I survived. Then it got physical today. It's to the point where the nasty things these guys say, make me want to transfer schools. What do I do? Reporting to an adult doesn't work. My school sucks with that. How do I seriously fix it without others being involved?

by TheMentalistgurl on 9/14/2011 7:07:45 PM

MODMODMOD I'm being bullied and I'm fed up. It's gotten physical and I'm worried. But I'd get in trouble because I shoved the guy back. What do I do? I'm at the point where I want to transfer to a different school. HELP!

Hey girlfriend, have you told anyone about this? I would let my parents and teachers know. No one should get away with bullying you. You also HAVE to stand up for yourself. Don't let them intimidate you any longer. Let that bully know!!! Let me know if you need more help! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by TheMentalistgurl on 9/14/2011 4:50:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
my best friend got a part in a play that she knew i rilly wanted. i didnt even kno she tried out for the part! it was the lead role, and i dont think she even deserved it! she might be the worst actress out of all my friends, and she cant fake-cry. everytime i try to talk to her, she starts bragging about how oerfect she is for the play! plz help......

Hey babe!

I know it stinks when your friend gets something you really want. You should talk to her outside of play rehearsal and let her know that her bragging is getting to you. Make an effort to make other friends in the cast, and when you hang out, try not to talk about the play. Best of luck Smile
Devin A.

by pinklol56 on 9/5/2011 11:03:05 AM

MOD MOD
My best friend is seriously perfect at everything. She has the most friends, so great at school, gets parts in every play, and is just altogether perfect. We do the same things hobby wise and we are in a lot of the same classes in school. But I have really low self esteem because she beats me in everything! I do admit that I'm good at some of the same things she does but since she's "better" she always gets what I want. It's so hard to be her friend sometimes but I still love her to death. Is there anything I could do to higher my self esteem or any way I could make myself less jealous of her?

Hey babe,

This is not that unusual, believe it or not! We even have an article about just this subject - read it and I think you'll get some great tips to feel better Smile
Lauren C.

by rellim on 8/26/2011 5:50:29 PM

@SummerButterflies

Your bff doesn't seem like she really is your best friend. If you feel brave, calmly ask her if everything is alright between you. Mention that your friendship seems distant and if she still seems like your bff then make some plans, if not give her some space and definitely make some new friends. good luck!

by Meeshmeesh on 8/24/2011 6:23:31 PM

MODERATOR
i am really shy aroun people i don't know! help! Tong

Hey girl, it's natural to be shy when you don't know someone. So the next time that situation comes up, dare yourself to say him and do what you wouldn't usually: talk.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Gigilove321 on 8/23/2011 10:42:26 PM

My Summer has been great! And my school doesn't until August 30!

by buzzingbee on 8/23/2011 9:43:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i'm feeling kind of down. i feel like i'm not special. i'm good at school, am friendly, pretty good dancer, etc. teachers and parents like me. basically i'm average. but i feel like average isn't good enough! i want to be someone that my peers say "claire...yeah she is such a hard worker. she is so good in math" or something! also average isn't good enough if you want to get into a good college! how can i become more exceptional/special? thank yoou!
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl, by working hard. You're not average; you ARE special. But continue to put 100 percent in what you do. What's most important is you know you're one of a kind, not anyone else.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by lootiegal on 8/23/2011 9:01:36 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/23/2011 8:26:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!
Please help! :/ I'm feeling a teeny bit depressed right now. Our town built a new middle school because we have only one middle school and half the kids went to the new middle school. A ton of popular girls came into my middle school from the Catholic School across the street. Last year my best friend and I were pretty popular and we spent all our time together. This year, she's totally ignoring me to be with the popular girls from my school. But last year we didn't have as many classes together and this year we do...Is that why she's ignoring me or what? Should I try to make new friends? Or just stay quiet until high school's over or what? Please answer
Thanks!

Alyssa B.

by SummerButterflies on 8/23/2011 7:28:30 PM

1 of my friends always goes 2 paris , africa and a bunch of places! Shes only 11! GRRRRR she has been to paris like 10 times

by oreolover123 on 8/23/2011 7:16:53 PM

mod mod
what grades go to the homecoming dance my bff thinks its not for freshman and my mom doesnt now
thanks

Hey babe! I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Homecoming dances are usually for freshmen too, but the grades to be able to go just depends on your school. Hope this answers your questions. xoxo
Jess W.

by coly33 on 8/23/2011 3:56:10 PM

mod mod mod
i'm having the same problem i'm just on the other side of the line and its just she is being so catty and im not going on and on about my vacation or bragging and i haven't been on vacation in 10 years while she goes to Vegas and Disneyland every other season and im just trying to tell her how special this is! should i say something?

Hey babe! Even if your bff is bragging about her vacays doesn't mean you should be upset. She's probably just excited about them and wants to share it with you. You can tell her about your summer too! Just try to be understanding. xoxo
Jess W.

by dance_on_dreams on 8/23/2011 2:08:10 PM

Mod mod mod
My BFF txted me inviting me over but I don't wanna go. Wat should I txt bak? If I say 'I can't she will say 'why'. I can't ay 'my mom won't let me' cuz she knows my mom... My mom isn't the type of person who just won't let me go over a friendshouse. And I can't say 'I have chores to do' cuz again, my mom would just have me do them later if I got invited somewhere. Wat should I say?

Hey girl, can you just tell her the truth why you don't want to hang out? If she's your BFF, it seems strange that you're trying to come up with excuses. If you really don't feel like hanging out, just say you've got prior plans and ask for a raincheck. I'd leave it at that. xox

Jess D.

by oceanlover69 on 8/23/2011 12:43:29 PM

so I've realized that my friend critizes pretty much everything I do, from my outfit, to where I go on dates, to the vacations I'm taking! She also changes the subject right back to herself whenever I share something really important to me, like my first kiss. I'm getting really annoyed with her, unfortunately. Why does my "friend" keep acting like this, and what can I do to keep this friendship? Thank you Smile

Hey babe! It sounds like you need to have a heart-to-heart with your "friend". Let her know how it feels when she says the things she says. Stress that even if she doesn't mean for her actions to come across as snotty and self-centered, that they do. And finally, let her know that you can't keep being her friend if she keeps acting this way--it's simply not a healthy relationship for either of you. Good luck!

Brittany T.

by cchick on 8/23/2011 11:08:26 AM

hmmmmm...lets seee... this summer i went to the store... got netflix...saw the price is right on tv... bought some chicken...it was very productive

by WayCoolerThanYou on 8/23/2011 11:04:25 AM

My summer's been really nice Smile we went to the CARIBBEAN!!!

by oceanlover69 on 8/23/2011 10:44:35 AM

So there's this guy, B, who is practically perfect in every way- sweet, caring, smart, cute, funny, polite. I'm pretty sure he likes me. He's been sending all the right signals, and I'm falling hard. There's just one problem. My bestie M has a huuuuggge crush on him and I know she would be heartbroken if she found out. I want to like B but feel guilty and hold back. I don't want to hurt M but I want to do the thing that's right for me. What should I do? Thanks so much!

Hey babe,

I think the best thing to do here is talk to M about this. It's not easy and she might be really upset, but just tell her that you've started developing feelings for him and you didn't want to hide it - you wanted to be honest with her about it so she didn't find out from someone else later. Tell her you've been kinda flirting lately and you've felt so bad, because you didn't want to hurt her. Don't come right out and ask her - "do you mind if I date him?" - because she'll probably immediately say no. But if you tell her how things have been going and that you feel like he might really make you happy, she might come around. Of course, your other option is to respect M's feelings right off the bat and step back... but if she doesn't have a shot with him, you might be missing your own chance. You have to weigh it out on your own <3

Lauren C.

by thecupcakequeen on 8/23/2011 12:31:18 AM

My summer vacation is awesome.Smile

by thetruth on 8/23/2011 12:12:23 AM