11 HOURS AGO RT @russettvirtue: @sierra_furtado i just found you in my magazine what a time to be alive

11 HOURS AGO Decorating the office with fresh blooms and #GLsabrina 💐

12 HOURS AGO Thinking about Christmas cookies like...

No harm in shavin' hairy thighs

My mom tells me I shouldn't shave them, but all the girls at school do...

So, when I asked my mom about shaving, she just gave me a tube of Nair Pretty Cream. Is there a difference between hair-removing cream and shaving? Is it better to shave? Thanks! My mom isn't much of a help in beauty and etc.

hey girl! yes there is a difference. hair-removing cream uses chemicals to dissolve the hair. if you're going to use it, take some caution and just do a small patch of  skin on your leg first to make sure you don't have a bad reaction. shaving uses a blade to cut the hairs. it's up to you which method you wanna do!

Katie L.

by DDacat on 3/22/2013 12:42:59 AM

my mom won't let me shave my legs and i want to Frown

by zebrachic45 on 3/1/2012 6:50:43 PM

Mod- I heard about this stuff called nair. u just apply the lotionlike stuff and it makes the hair go away. it sounds to good to be true! is this true? and where can i buy nair?

Hey noodle&poodles, yup girly. You apply it, leave it on for a few minutes, and wipe it away with a damp cloth or in the shower. There are also scented ones because the smell is a little strong. You can pick it up at CVs, Rite-Aid, Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, etc. Try it out! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by noodle&poodles on 2/17/2012 5:54:23 PM

Hey I shaved my arms for the first time a year ago. My mom told me I was to young to do it, so I stopped. But since it grew back, there are more thicker, darker hairs(the hair on my arms is black) and it is WAY MORE NOTICIBLE than before. What do I do?

Hey there!

That happens when you shave most parts of your body that aren't usually shaved like your tummy or your arms.  The hair always grows back thicker and darker.  All you can really do is either consistently keep shaving it, so it never gets a chance to really grow back, or to leave it alone and let it grow back out so it won't keep getting worse.  I think the second option is a better idea.  After all, everybody has hairy arms.
Jordan S.

by yelhsa2198 on 9/1/2011 2:37:26 PM

So is using hair removal cream better than shaving or just an awesome sub 4 girls who can't shave?
Thanx!!! x0x0

Hey girl, just an awesome sub for girls who can't or don't want to shave. There's nothing wrong with shaving either: it's whatever works best for you!

Alyssa B.

by MaxRide15 on 8/16/2011 9:31:27 PM

can u shave your stomach and chest without it coming back in all thick and curly??

Hey girl,

I wouldn't recommend won't come back thick and curly like you might imagine, but chances are it will look darker and feel more wiry/thicker than it was before. If you're havin' probs with it now, consider waxing, bleaching, or just lettin' it be Smile

Lauren C.

by colorqueen101 on 8/12/2011 4:38:24 PM

I do shave my thighs, because of my dark colored hair. If I had light blonde hair, i probably wouldn't do it so much. But if it makes you feel good and better about yourself, then by all means GO FOR IT Smile

by hlizsm on 8/12/2011 12:44:37 PM

DON'T DO IT! Just wax waxing may hurt but in time you have less hair to worry about or no hair at one point and it lasts longer

by jollymoemoe on 8/11/2011 8:24:27 PM

i sometimes shave my thighs.i am on the swim team though so before a meet i always shave there

by cheekymonkey1 on 8/11/2011 6:40:03 PM

I am not very hairy so I dont have to shave my thighs, but I do shave other areas where our hair usually grows. I love feeling smooth all over but I am not happy that I have to shave to get that way.

by luckykel on 8/11/2011 5:52:24 PM

Ever get yelled at for doodling on your classwork? Doodles help boost brain activity and creativity, so just try drawing on a separate piece of paper.
What is your fave class in school?

Girls should be checked for breast cancer routinely because they can get it just like older women.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!