8 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

11 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

12 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

No harm in shavin' hairy thighs

My mom tells me I shouldn't shave them, but all the girls at school do...

MOD
So, when I asked my mom about shaving, she just gave me a tube of Nair Pretty Cream. Is there a difference between hair-removing cream and shaving? Is it better to shave? Thanks! My mom isn't much of a help in beauty and etc.

hey girl! yes there is a difference. hair-removing cream uses chemicals to dissolve the hair. if you're going to use it, take some caution and just do a small patch of  skin on your leg first to make sure you don't have a bad reaction. shaving uses a blade to cut the hairs. it's up to you which method you wanna do!

xoxo

Katie L.

by DDacat on 3/22/2013 12:42:59 AM

my mom won't let me shave my legs and i want to Frown

by zebrachic45 on 3/1/2012 6:50:43 PM

Mod- I heard about this stuff called nair. u just apply the lotionlike stuff and it makes the hair go away. it sounds to good to be true! is this true? and where can i buy nair?

Hey noodle&poodles, yup girly. You apply it, leave it on for a few minutes, and wipe it away with a damp cloth or in the shower. There are also scented ones because the smell is a little strong. You can pick it up at CVs, Rite-Aid, Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, etc. Try it out! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by noodle&poodles on 2/17/2012 5:54:23 PM

Hey I shaved my arms for the first time a year ago. My mom told me I was to young to do it, so I stopped. But since it grew back, there are more thicker, darker hairs(the hair on my arms is black) and it is WAY MORE NOTICIBLE than before. What do I do?

Hey there!

That happens when you shave most parts of your body that aren't usually shaved like your tummy or your arms.  The hair always grows back thicker and darker.  All you can really do is either consistently keep shaving it, so it never gets a chance to really grow back, or to leave it alone and let it grow back out so it won't keep getting worse.  I think the second option is a better idea.  After all, everybody has hairy arms.
Jordan S.

by yelhsa2198 on 9/1/2011 2:37:26 PM

So is using hair removal cream better than shaving or just an awesome sub 4 girls who can't shave?
Thanx!!! x0x0

Hey girl, just an awesome sub for girls who can't or don't want to shave. There's nothing wrong with shaving either: it's whatever works best for you!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by MaxRide15 on 8/16/2011 9:31:27 PM

MOD
can u shave your stomach and chest without it coming back in all thick and curly??

Hey girl,

I wouldn't recommend it...it won't come back thick and curly like you might imagine, but chances are it will look darker and feel more wiry/thicker than it was before. If you're havin' probs with it now, consider waxing, bleaching, or just lettin' it be Smile

Lauren C.

by colorqueen101 on 8/12/2011 4:38:24 PM

I do shave my thighs, because of my dark colored hair. If I had light blonde hair, i probably wouldn't do it so much. But if it makes you feel good and better about yourself, then by all means GO FOR IT Smile

by hlizsm on 8/12/2011 12:44:37 PM

DON'T DO IT! Just wax waxing may hurt but in time you have less hair to worry about or no hair at one point and it lasts longer

by jollymoemoe on 8/11/2011 8:24:27 PM

i sometimes shave my thighs.i am on the swim team though so before a meet i always shave there

by cheekymonkey1 on 8/11/2011 6:40:03 PM

I am not very hairy so I dont have to shave my thighs, but I do shave other areas where our hair usually grows. I love feeling smooth all over but I am not happy that I have to shave to get that way.

by luckykel on 8/11/2011 5:52:24 PM

yea, i HAVE to shave my thighs because i have thick dark hair and i dont want to look like chewbacca!

by filaluvva on 8/11/2011 2:26:32 PM

I shave my thighs, but only because I have dark brown hair so it was reeaallly noticable.

by mrslautner2016 on 8/11/2011 1:36:23 PM

i shave my thighs , at first my mom was a bit cautious about it but i talked her into it . it was worth it , i used to hate wearing shorts because of hairy legs .

by XxFuscoFeverxX on 8/11/2011 12:18:54 PM

I didn't even know there was a problem with shaving your thighs! It's fine!

by rockinmagz on 8/11/2011 11:59:33 AM

I shave my thighs, and nothing bad happens. It's perfectly ok.

Hey Girlies! Visit my advice queen page for advice on- everything! I will answer absolutely any question you have the same day it shows up on my page. Don’t be afraid to ask anything, because I’m here for you Smile
-Allyson1124 <3

by allyson1124 on 8/11/2011 11:26:13 AM

I shave my thighs, there isn't any harm in doing it.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/11/2011 10:05:22 AM

MOD MOD MOD I was at a water park two days ago and got 2nd degree sunburn on my nose and on bits of my forehead. I have a date on Saturday. What can I do to get rid of the blisters and eliminate the oil on my nose before Saturday? Thanks a ton Smile

Ouch girl! 2nd degree burns take long to heal than 1st degree because in most cases you've damaged nerve endings. I'm sure you are already swearing to yourself to always wear sunscreen from now on, but I'm going to remind you how scary the sun can be! It is way healthier for you to wait it out and not put make up on your skin so it has time to breath and heal. Here is an article about how to deal: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/06/13/BEAUTY-101-Top-3-Tanning-Disasterse280a6and-How-to-Fix-e28099em.aspx

mary h.

by pottergirl135 on 8/11/2011 9:37:14 AM

Hey girlies, everything you gotta and wanta know, is at my Advice Queen page! So come on down and ask me anything!

by Bieberfever616 on 8/11/2011 9:18:27 AM

MODMODMOD all these girls in the pictures all have really smooth legs. how can i get my legs nice and smooth???

Hey girl. You can remove unwanted hair in many different ways. Check out the articles here: http://www.girlslife.com/tag/shaving.aspx

mary h.

by hermionelover on 8/11/2011 9:15:20 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD My mom says the exact same thing. "Don't shave your thighs. I t was the worst decision ever and I regret it." I sounds more like a remorseful apology than a lesson... All the other girls have hair free thighs. I want them too but how can I convince her?

Hey babe. Ask her if you can use nair or another similar product. My mom said the same thing, but let me use Nair. Talk to her about it an maybe show her the article on here.

mary h.

by howcutegirlccd on 8/11/2011 8:54:59 AM

come check out my profile, clubs & advice pg!
u can ask me anything, and ill answer back asap!

my new club, called "Club Writers" (the word club is in the name) is where we can help u 2 right a new description for ur club! we can also help u 2 write a motto and get the word out there about ur club! u can also b apart of our writing team!
so please come check us out & reccommened us to all of ur clubs presidents!

by briblue3 on 8/11/2011 8:29:30 AM

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/11/2011 12:19:20 AM