AN HOUR AGO Does your ex deserve a second chance, or is it really donezo? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/wr05wB1eT5

1 HOURS AGO @HaileeSteinfeld could practically pass as a @Disney princess with this elegant 'do: http://t.co/tFlgxkKsn3

2 HOURS AGO Prepare to get hooked! The His Fair Assassin series is addicting— win the latest book in the trilogy here: http://t.co/C3yCYJwo3N @HMHKids

COMMENTS

7 secrets to making a killer first impression

I’m starting a new school this year and I really want to nail my first day...

MOD MOD MOD!!
So my bff wants to set me up with her bfs friend because she says we have everything in common. She thinks we would work out great together but I'm not attracted to him at all. I told her this and not to set me up with him yet at least and she said ok but now I'm wondering if I made the right choice???

Hey chica! You absolutely made the right choice! It isn't fair to go out with this guy if you aren't feelin' it.  Think of how you'd feel if the situation were reversed, you would want your feelings spared. xoxo

Kate G.

by maggie183 on 8/6/2012 2:13:37 PM

Hey PlushPurplePanda, well you're not sure if he likes you. I would wait until he said or did something that made you think he had feelings for you. Let him know in a nice way that you just like him as a friend. Hope this helps! Xoxo

mod mod mod
okay so there's this one guy and everyone says he likes me
and we've hung out a few times but he's really nice and all but I wanna keep it just friends between us what should I say to him? Lynae P.

by PlushPurplePanda on 8/4/2012 1:15:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a GL subscriber, and I have gotten two issues so far. However, I have not gotten the august september issue yet, and it august first!!!! i moved, but ive gotten a magazine sent to the new location, so that can't be it, and I know it can't be my subscription is up, cause ive only gotten two magazines!!! please help!!!

Hey girl!

Click here if you're missing a magazine. Fill out the form and it will notify us that you still haven't received the current issue. Or, you can write to us at Girls' Life (GL), Subscription Office, 4529 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21214.
Kelly G.

by mayanunna on 8/1/2012 8:45:09 AM

ATTENTION GL USERS!

Let's all join together and spread the word of living life freely.

Has anyone ever heard the expression, "YOLO"?

You Only Live Once

So if you guys can, please copy and paste this message in as many places on GL as you can to spread happiness.

Thanks and love ya!

by Christiangal345 on 7/31/2012 9:53:36 PM

I ll really take that good advice to heart!!!

by Mariahk on 7/31/2012 9:07:35 PM

You Are NOT Alone<3
This is a club for girls who feel very insecure to come here for advice and tips on how to love yourself! i use to be very insecure and i still am at points. Just know that your not alone girlies! You can come here to share your insecurities and help other girls too! I just want everyone to know that they ARE beautiful no matter what "flaws" they have! <3
Much Love,
~AlysonSmile
PLEASE JOIN!

by Alykat18 on 7/31/2012 8:01:48 PM

Hey girls!!
Do you love making new friends on GL..are you looking for a support group that's always gonna be there for u?
Join my club: BGLF (best girlslife friends) It's going to be really fun but we desperately need members to get this going!!
I'd appreciate it if you joined and spread the word!
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 7/31/2012 6:36:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So I really like this guy, and I think he likes me too. The only prob is that his parents don't seem to even like me! I think the only reason they don't like me is because I'm not Russian like they are (Well I don't think so anyway I was adopted)! Plus, to make things worse, his older cousin thinks I'm a beer drinker because once this kid I know put a beer bottle cap in my backpack and now he says I drink beer BUT I DON'T! MY PARENTS DON'T EVEN DRINK! My family doesn't even drink caffeine! So now I look worse than ever before them. What do I do?!?!

Hey Girl--

Winning over your boy's parents' approval can often be a struggle. But I don't think you have to worry yet. You mention that they are russian-- russian social culture is a lot different than US culture and russians can often come off as colder. So it may have nothing to do with you (or with your not being Russian).  As for the beer issue, can you talk to your crush about it? Maybe he could bring it up with his parents if they are concerned. The best way to get his parents to like you is to just like be polite around them and try to make conversation (yes-- i know it can feel impossible). Bonus points: have your crush talk you up to them, mentioning your great grades or volunteer work.

good luck!
simone s.

by glamartist on 7/31/2012 1:23:13 PM

I totally needed this info!!!!

by daisyduck on 7/31/2012 9:20:17 AM

MOD!
So this guy! Oh this guy! Well me and him have kind of a weird story...I met him because of my best friend...because she liked him. Well I convinced the guy to ask her out! (yay!) and the next day, his best friend asked me out! (double-yay!) well one night my bffs bf confessed his feelings for me and I told him I liked him too. I felt bad that I was doing that but I pushed the guilt aside. I wasn't doing anything wrong, right? Well my bff broke up with him because she just felt like she wasn't ready for a boyfriend. The next day, I broke up with my bf. Me and my bffs ex bf talked a lot but all of the sudden he just stopped! We haven't talked in like two weeks! What should I do? I really miss him! Also my ex still REALLY likes me! He always texts me and invites me to hang out with him all the time but I just don't think it's a good a idea! Is it? What should I do? Thanks!

Hey girl! If you don't like your ex, just let him down easy or let him know that you only want to hangout as friends. As for your BFF's ex, he may be feeling guilty about liking you while he had a girlfriend or maybe he is really busy.  You could try texting him, but make sure it is okay with your BFF first. xxoo
Maggie P.