8 HOURS AGO From patient princess to spoiled brat, how demanding are you? Take the #quiz and see: http://t.co/esCqSBDnyT

9 HOURS AGO "My girls say he's a cheater...should I believe them?" http://t.co/rnIcn2ddgJ

10 HOURS AGO #tbt to that time we had an ice cream + gossip sesh with @rydelR5 // #r5family #r5 pic.twitter.com/KXTAl9aBVa

COMMENTS

7 secrets to making a killer first impression

I’m starting a new school this year and I really want to nail my first day...

Hey girls! I'm an Advice Queen on GirlsLife, so if you need any advice, you can always ask me! I give advice on...
-Guys★
-Puberty☆
-Mean Girls★
-Friends☆
-Fashion★
-School☆
...And everything else!
If you need any advice look at my advice queen page on my profile! Check it out if you need any help on anything! Smile

by WinnieGirlie on 7/30/2012 6:47:57 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Can I also use these tactics for when I go meet my boyfriend's parents? I'm really nervous to meet them & I want to make a great immpression. Any other tips you could give me?

hey! yeah totally. I would say just smile, make eye contact, and be friendly to them. Asking them questions about themselves and participating in family discussion will put them at ease as your hosts and help them get to know you. Clearing your own plate won't hurt either ;)

Helen S.

by Blushing-Beauty on 7/30/2012 5:05:35 PM

thank u GL i really needed this!!

by softballismyBFF on 7/30/2012 4:03:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please help! I just came back from a camp and I made a lot of close friends there! Everyone from the camp has been talking a lot and texting. I'm pretty sure that we will stop once school starts though. I'm going into high school next year and I'm super worried about the classes and if I will be able to handle them. The sports that I picked out put a lot of pressure on me. And I feel like my friends here won't even come close to the friends I made at camp. I really feel down in the dumps about this and I feel like crying all the time because I don't want to handle school. What's wrong with me?

Hey chica, cheer up! Nothing is wrong with you! I made a lot of new friends right before school started and felt the exact same way you do.  The good news is that you WILL find friends at school that measure up to your camp friends.  You just have to have an open mind about it.  A great way to make friends? Hang with girls on your team (ask people if they want to do some extra practicing on the weekends and then hit a movie- you'll bond with your tea AND get better at your sport).  You can make study groups and hang out with people in your classes, too.  I promise you that you will get through high school, even if right now it looks daunting.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by SummerButterflies on 7/30/2012 3:50:08 PM

Great advice, thanks GL!
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hey! So for BTS shopping, I wanted to go to Aéropostale, Forever21, and American Eagle, maybe Hollister and/or Abercrombie? I am not sure if I should go to AE, Hollister, and Abercrombie because it is SO PRICEY there and I need money for shoes too and a backpack! Should I go to AE, Holister, and Abercrombie? I only have $250 and I need $ for shoes and a backpack!

Hey girl! Try online shopping before you hit the mall.  Budget money for your backpack and shoes and then look at the websites for the stores you want to go to.  Pick out items you might want that are in the budget (warning: everything that's online might not be in the store, but you'll have an idea of how much you want to spend in each store).  That way, before you go, you'll know how much money you have and whether you can hit the pricier stores.  xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/30/2012 3:42:58 PM

Wow! This is super helpful! Thanks! I'll definitely use these tips for my first day- and first week!(:

by HowToLove on 7/30/2012 1:43:46 PM

great advice!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 7/30/2012 1:43:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Next year, I am going to highschool for the first time. I missed the orientation, so I'm scared about getting lost. I don't know what to do because I'm really shy and I don't want to seem like a freak. Help, please!

Hey girl! Your school might be open for a day or two before classes start, so try to go in the day before and map out your classes (walk between all of your classes a few times so you can remember where they are).  If you smale and are nice, you won't seem like a freak- lots of people will be as frazzled as you are.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by pokemon_girl11 on 7/30/2012 1:14:18 PM

Hey join my club Daily Hair Styles! Hey girls!! So do you have trouble with your hair? Hate just keeping your hair down because your can't figure out what to do with your hair? join this club, and I'll tell you what to do with your hair just about every day!

by kpianoplayer on 7/30/2012 1:07:28 PM