5 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

6 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

7 HOURS AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

COMMENTS

I'm underweight. What now?

I eat and workout the same amount as my friends, but while they gain weight, I don't.

MOD MOD MOD!!

Hey chica, I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure.  We all are built differently - what matters is that you eat well and stay active.  If you're concerned, though, check with your doctor.  xoxo
Marie H.

by maggie183 on 7/20/2012 7:23:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! MODD
Hi, I'm 14 years old 4'10 and currently weigh ___ lbs. Last year and the year before I was suffering with an eating disorder (a more rare kind, nothing to do with body image, more about food fears) and at one point weighed 48 pounds when I was 12 and had to spend christmas in the hospital because I fainted and my boyfriend found me out cold and called 911. So I've been visiting doctors since because it's left me with many health problems, and I have been gaining weight. Last year I had to have 5000 calories a day, it was awful. Now I had been 85 pounds and that was good but somehow I have no idea I dropped 10 within a week and when I went to the doctors I put weights in my pockets because I would make my mom worry if she knew what I really weighed. How can I gain more weight?! I can NOT keep losing it!!! I haven't had my period and it probably has to do with that. Do you have any tips, I've been doing everything the article says. Thank you so much!

Hey girlie,

You need to STOP trying to trick your parents and the doctors. You're scared to lose weight, so you need to speak up and talk to the doctors about this. I know eating 5000 calories a day was a bad time, but there are ways to gain weight without pigging out on gross foods. The doctors are the professionals - they know what you need to do to gain weight and get healthy again. Don't lie about your weight and take those weights out of your pockets next time. If you're struggling, be honest and say something. You might feel like you can handle it on your own because you're a strong, independent person. But there's nothing wrong with asking a doctor for their help - it actually shows a lot of strength! <3
Lauren C.

by flamboyazence on 3/29/2012 5:35:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am underweight, I know I am. I am 14 years old and I weigh 85-91 lbs, tops. It may be that I have a fast metabolism, but I'm not sure. I have to admit, my eating is not at all balanced or healthy. I eat a nutragrain bar almost every morning (if I don't skip breakfast), and for lunch ill either have only a bag of chips or half of a sandwich (if I don't skip lunch). Even when I try to eat, I feel like I can't finish it, I get full so fast. When I get home from school, I snack a lot, so I'm not very hungry when dinner is served. I don't excersise anymore, because I'm so afraid ill lose more weight. I also haven't had my period in about 5 months, and I have a feeling my weight is contributing for this. I really don't know what to do! Please help me!

Hey Girl,

It worries me that you haven't had your period in five months. This does happen when you are underweight, so I would recommend that you see your doctor to get this problem sorted out. I'm not a professional nutritionist, so I can't tell you how to fix this problem, but you definitely need to eat more balanced meals. Since you get full fast, try eating five small meals a day instead of three bigger ones that you can't finish. Check out this post on eating more meals to get started. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so instead of skipping it or just eating a nutrigrain bar, try something with lots of protein and carbs, like eggs and toast. It takes more time but is totally worth it! Let an adult know about your issues so you can get on a healthy weight.
Rachel N.

by Pink0x on 11/30/2011 11:55:46 AM

I'm ten and 4"8!! I that a normal height????

by Swimmingroks on 11/5/2011 2:45:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
I'm 12, I weigh 85-90lbs. and I'm 4" 8'. And my stomach is flabby, my BFF has an amazing stomach and she runs alot, at school and stuff, is it the running? PLEASE PLEASE PLEAAAASE Help! I really hate my stomachh!!!!!

Hey girlie,

It's very possible that the running is helping her, but that alone won't do the trick.  The trick to a flat stomach is what you put into your body, aka what you eat.  But be sure to keep in mind that your body is still constantly changing.

Jordan S.

by <3monkeys<3 on 9/19/2011 1:58:12 AM

I don't gain weight. I eat constantly, but have a super fast metabolism, as well as I'm naturally small boned. Anyways I'm just not sure what to do, i t really hurts when random stranges come up to you asking if your anorexic and when all your friends assume you have no muscle what so ever and say stuff like, "wow you threw that pretty far for someone with no muscle." Guys use the excuse that they want to measure how skinny my arm is, in order to touch me. I tell them to stop and they do, but the situation is just frustrating in general. Anyways I'm not really sure what to do, it has given me a low confidence.

Hey babe!

I wish I could offer some great advice, but since I'm not an expert on metabolism, you should definitely have a conversation with your doctor. I know other people's comments hurt, but when you hold your head high and stick up for yourself, people will eventually stop saying rude things. You're beautiful and smart - you have no reason to have low confidence! Being comfortable with who you are is the first step to feeling better. Good luck chica Smile
Devin A.

by rainbowsky on 9/5/2011 2:34:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
Okay so ik this is totally off the subject.But lately after I eat food even if it not alot, not even greasy,or fatty food, my tummy hurts so bad I feel like im goin to puke!!! Whats wrong?? Thank You =D

Hey girl, sounds like you may be sick or eating something that doesn't sit well. Let your mom know and if this impulse continues for more than a week, you may want to ask about talking to a doctor.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by 526love on 8/25/2011 10:28:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD i used a mass body index chart the other day and it says that im almost overweight but im super healthy eat a balanced diet and work out ALL THE TIME i play 4 sports am i really almost overweight!?!?!?!?!?!?

The best way to determine how healthy you are, as well as weight requirements, is to talk with your doctor. They can tell you where you should be and how healthy you are/should be Smile

Brittany G.

Brittany G.

by bballrox21 on 8/23/2011 4:49:24 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/19/2011 9:21:12 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (: