11 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

11 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

14 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

Divin' diaper diva

I was so excited to go to my friend’s pool party, but two days before I had gotten my period. I don't like using tampons...

I got mine on the day of my best friends birthday party and it totally freaked me out. my mom was like, are you sure you wanna go? i was like, yeah i really want to go it sounds fun. it was kinda embarassing but we did not have to go swimming. Smile lucky for me. but it was kinda awkward 4 me.. and my mom warned me not to go swimming with one of those on! Laughing luckily

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 11/4/2011 1:18:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!! OK well i have been having ALOT of discharge Yesterday & Today is this normal will i have my period soon? Im not the kinda girl who knows very much about it! Thsnks. Helen

Hey Helen,

The amount of discharge you have isn't really a sign of when you will get your period. Discharge can sometimes be light, sometimes heavy, and sometimes totally go away for days on end. It's so confusing! Doctors say that girls typically experience discharge for 6 months - a year before their first period though, so that's something to go by. But there are no guarantees! Just know that you are totally normal and take it as a sign that your bod is developing right on track Smile
Lauren C.

by vintagestyle on 10/21/2011 9:17:58 PM

ha ha soooooooooooo funny girl!!!!!!

by Blablaglad21 on 10/19/2011 8:01:12 PM

The only way you can go swimming with your period is if you were a tampon ;) Never wear a pad in the water

by cindy5218 on 10/11/2011 2:11:18 PM

if anyone has a question i have a club called that time of the month where you guessed it we talk all about periods! please join!!

by gymgirl1998 on 10/8/2011 2:34:45 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! I just got my "friend" today.Yesterday,before I got it, I saw a small slither of brown discharge, but today I saw enough that I could dye my hair with it, Is that normal?!

Hey girl,

Totally normal! Our periods normally start off light in flow and brownish/pinkish in color, before getting heavier and brighter red. This "light" phase can last for an hour or it could last for one-two days, depending on the month. Don't sweat it babe!
Lauren C.

by star6970 on 10/1/2011 10:09:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! So my doctor said I was going to get my period this year but I don't even have discharge!! How does she know and will I actually get my period???

Hey girlfriend, she doesn't know the exact day and hour, but she can kind of guess by checking up on your body. Your hormone levels, age, and other things about your body give her an estimate on when you'll get your menstrual cycle. I suggest you get prepared by heading over to our period page, and reading up on them, that way you'll be ready when it is time. Hope this helps ya!!!! Let me know if you have anymore questions! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by rollofdice on 9/28/2011 5:54:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a week before my period is due (the last time i got it was the first time, so this will be my second) and i've noticed there's been sudden spikes in my mood. Usually, i'm a very happy, cheery person, but ever since this past sunday, i've been super irritable,angry, and stressed at everything! what rlly stinks is that i'm taking most of my anger out on my mom, and i feel awful because she says i get mad at her for absolutely everything she does! is this what people call pms, and is it normal that it's happening to me before my second time of having my period? and how can i be a much better person to my mom? please help!!!!!!!

Hey missy, yup this is all completely normal. Every girl goes through pms before and during their period. All your hormones are raging, so it can be hard to control emotions. Some females get it worse than others, so just be sure to give your mom a head's up. Whenever you feel you're about to say or do something mean, stop yourself, breath and change your actions. Be sure to apologize to your mom too! Hope this helps!! Smile Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Phoenix In Flight on 9/17/2011 6:32:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD I i am just getting used to light tampons. I really should be using regulars. THe lights used to hurt um coming out but not really any more. Should i try using a regular size today? will it hurt since its bigger then what i am used to?

You should use a tampon that suits your flow so that there is no pain Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by rockerchick411 on 9/17/2011 11:15:45 AM

MOD MOD! So I got my first period in July and I haven't told any of my friends. My best friend just got hers this week, but she has not told me herself yet. I over heard her and my other friend talking about her period and I was shocked she hasn't told me yet. I am hoping she will tell me tonight when I see her but I also want to tell her that I have already gotten mine but I don't want it to seem like I am trying to one up her (i always thought she would get it first). But I hate that I have not told her yet. How do I tell her?

Hey girly, yeah I would call her on the phone and tell her I got it. She shouldn't think you're trying to one up her, it's your period. Everyone's going to get it eventually. Smile Smile

Lynae P.