1 HOURS AGO This #Halloween, skip the store and whip up a cute and crafty costume:

2 HOURS AGO Broken necklace = beautiful #DIY bobby pins:

3 HOURS AGO Feeling insecure? Check out these 5 ways to fall in love with yourself—fast:

Divin' diaper diva

I was so excited to go to my friend’s pool party, but two days before I had gotten my period. I don't like using tampons...

Hi, how are you? Anyways, I wanted to know if tampons are really bad for you because there are so many articles on how they have chemicals in them and could cause problems for you and not just TSS. I was wondering what you think because I use tampons but alternate between tampons and pads. Do you think that tampons are dangerous? Thanx in advanced! Smile

Hey Girl,

For more information on period protection options, check this out:

Sarah G.

by Pigletluver on 8/17/2011 2:11:52 PM

When I got my first period my mom didn't believe me bc I joke around about stuff and be silly. Anyway, I used the bathroom I saw the blood blah blah. I told my mom she said I don't believe u show me. So I had to turn my under around and show her (gross!) so that's my story!

by 1lauren18 on 8/17/2011 1:11:27 AM

Lmfao. that sucks, i wore one in a pool before but i had on my undie, tankie bottom, and basketball shorts so nothing happened...

by tezzyrose on 8/16/2011 10:35:49 PM

by smileysevvie on 8/16/2011 9:40:43 PM

Omg I did that and my pad fell out and floated around the pool

by Emsgaga21 on 8/16/2011 9:03:40 PM

i was at old navy when i first got mine my mom freaked out more than i did

by PolkaDots1999 on 8/16/2011 8:53:36 PM

You don't bleed in water. Make sure the area around your crotch is bloodstain free (get that from wearing pads) so the water can't wash anything off, and you'll see for yourself. Try it in the bathtub or a shower. If you are uncomfortable swimming while on your period, let your friends know you just want to tan and not get into the pool. If they make fun of you for it or don't want to be your friends, drop those "friends" because they are certainly not. Once you are comfortable using tampons, it will get easier. People don't buy them for nothing!

by annaisabanana08 on 8/16/2011 6:34:17 PM

I was with my much older sister, her husband and my dad- my mom hides her stuff So predictibly though!

by RaceTiger7 on 8/16/2011 5:54:12 PM

DUH. that's dumb, why would you do that?!

by erinthemaster on 8/16/2011 5:52:33 PM

Wow, thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. If you don't like tampons don't swim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by duckie97 on 8/16/2011 5:09:44 PM

What style will you choose for your perf homecoming hair?

*Win* a trip to meet R5's Rydel Lynch!