1 HOURS AGO The best ways to wear your beanie: http://t.co/yWZ9BxGmLW

3 HOURS AGO Rockin' workout clothes you can sport outside of the gym: http://t.co/sDhSkbCVCU

15 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Virgins can't use tampons

I want to try using a tampon but my sis said you have to have sex first...

Hey girlygirl/tomboy, maybe you aren't using the right size. Try using tampons a side smaller and see if that helps. Even the angle you insert it could be causing pain. Try propping one leg up on the bathtub and putting it in then. Hope this helps!!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD! i wear tampons sometimes but when i put them in they really hurt. my friends say they shouldn't hurt when i put them in. what should i do? Lynae P.

by girlygirl/tomboy on 6/23/2012 2:51:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD.
I got my first period in February and it lasted for exactly 48 days. A gynecologist put me on birth control for a month to stop it and now that I'm out of pills I have my period again. Its extremely heavy and I get insanely horrible cramps.
1. What medicine will help with cramping? My mom refuses to buy Midol or anything because Ibuprofen works for her but not me.
2. My mom just yells at me and laughs whenever I have female questions so instead I look here or ask my best friend who has had it for three years. I want to start tampons because I'm a very competitive swimmer. I tried it twice but I was too afraid to get it actually in.

Hey girl,

Tampons are a great option for swimming, and we have tons of posts on using them, so check those out! http://www.girlslife.com/Search.aspx?q=tampon As for the cramps, see if your mom will let you get a refill on what the gyno perscribed. If not, ibuprofen does usually help cramps, but if you're still in pain, you should talk to a doc to see what she recommends.

Meghan D.

by Cupcakequeen12 on 4/21/2012 8:26:22 AM

@madi3299 i think you already have your period. If the color is brown or red, i think you got it girl!

by crazylife1130 on 1/27/2012 9:28:13 PM

i havent had my period but i have really yellow discharge...what is it

Hey girlie,

It's totally normal! Every girl gets discharge, both before and after her period. Click here to read more about it - the yellow color just comes from it drying slightly on your undies. If it's vibrant yellow or green though, you might wanna ask your doc just to be safe!
Lauren C.

by cutiepie14231 on 1/26/2012 7:11:08 PM

Hey!!! I havent gotten my period yet but have been getting some brown discharge and sometimes (sometimes)some reddish brownish color. I showed my mom and asked what it was and she said that the colors were normal and that I might get my period soon. And my breasts have been sore too.... any words of wisdom ??? :p

by madi3299 on 1/24/2012 10:32:22 AM

help! so i havent had my period yet, but my mom and doc said it will happen soon. i have this brown discharge and some red tinted stuff. does this mean its going to happen really soon? please help, cause i wanna be prepared.
thanks so much!!!!

Hey girlie,

That sounds like the start of a period to me! It's possible that it's just spotting (and that your full period won't start just yet), but keep an eye on it and be prepared by carrying a pad with you in your purse. Chances are, it'll get heavier over the next day or two!
Lauren C.

by smg135 on 1/15/2012 12:35:14 PM

Our hymen is a piece of thin skin covering the entrance to our vagina. Just us google and you will find,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen

by luckykel on 1/11/2012 4:53:31 PM

Hey Sarah_Scoop, no I don't think that will happen. A girl always knows when she's on her period, so leaving a tampon in won't make you forget. And if you don't need to wear a tampon then don't put one in. Kotex has some good products so check them out. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I got my period for the first time yesterday, and i hate the way pads feel. My mom is ok with me wearing tampons, but doesn't really prefer it. She's worried that one day Ill think i'm still on my period and put in a tampon but when the times comes to take it out that itll hurt because i dont have it anymore. Is that true? and also, what brand of tampons are good to use? im 13. thank you!! (: Lynae P.

by Sarah_Scoop on 1/7/2012 6:30:08 PM

Hey HeyHeyHey! Smile, don't be embarrassed about your period. Every girl gets it, so you're def not alone. And don't hesitate to talk to your mom about it. She's experienced all the stuff your bod is going through now, so she'll be able to help you. In fact I'm sure she's been waiting for you to start menustrating so she can educate you on everything. So letter know and she'll get you everything you need. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm scared I'll get my period in the middle of class or sleeping over at my friends house. I'm to embarrassed to talk to my mom about this stuff but when the time really comes and I don't have any pads or tampons what would I do? Any advice? Lynae P.

by HeyHeyHey! :) on 1/7/2012 1:30:23 PM

MOD
i had my period of the first time last month. i asked my mom for a note for pool (our class goes swimming like, once a week) and she wrote one, but then she said how i should try and start using a tampon because i shouldn't miss pool that often. i know she meant well, but i'm not sure about using a tampon. i don't know where to put it! plus, my period isn't supposed to be regular every month, so what if i go swimming without even knowing I'm on my monthly! i think i might be over thinking this a bit, but i'm still worried. please help, thank you!

Hey girlie,

You've got it - you are over-thinking it ;) You use the bathroom throughout the day and you'll also feel cramps before your period, so you'll definitely know if you need period protection! Plus you could try using the bathroom just before pool, just to be safe. Try to relax about that <3 As for the tampon, read these articles for tips on using them. I use them and know TONS of girls who do - you can do it!!

Lauren C.