14 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

15 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

16 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Virgins can't use tampons

I want to try using a tampon but my sis said you have to have sex first...

MOD MOD MOD I have my period and i HATE walking around with a pad i feel like i pee'd myself or somthing i really want to wear tampons cause I've had my period for about a year and i feel ready to wear one and i always ask my dad and he says no like what gives? its my body and i feel like i need to wear them at school in gym my periods are usually heavy in gym cause i run allot. And i dont have a mom so i can only talk to my dad about it Frown Any advice?

Hey girl,

Ask your dad if he'd be willing to let you make an appointment with a female doc or nurse to discuss the benefits and risks of tampons, and how to put them in. If there's a professional involved, maybe he'll let up a little. It's hard for him to take on the female side of parenting, and he's probably doing the best he can, so let him know that you appreciate what he's doing but that you think you're ready to wear tampons. Good luck!

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 12/31/2011 12:31:47 PM

What is your hymen!?

by HolaGurl105 on 12/16/2011 7:40:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so I was wondering if being sick effects your period because I've almost had my period for 2years and its still a little unregular but this is the first time I'm sick when I'm suppose to get it. I was suppose to get it Saturday but it didn't come and still hasn't come and I'm still sick. I haven't had sex or anything like that so I just wondered if you can get your period when your sick or if it comes when your healthy only???

Lynae P.

by iski202 on 12/7/2011 6:37:57 PM

MODMODMOD My Mom won't let me use tampons because she's afraid that my hymen will break. Is it possible for that to happen, because I want to try to use them for the first time.

Hey girl, your hymen can break by doing a number of different things. Activities liking riding a horse or bike, or doing gymnastics can break it. I don't think there are strong chances of your hymen breaking with a tampon, although I'm not sure. As long as you get ones that are small and feel comfortable for you, you should be okay. Hope this helps!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by sammy_sn0wflak3 on 12/3/2011 8:23:14 PM

can u tell me the signs of a yeast infection. because i think i might have one. And secondly when i went to put a tampon in for the first time (i had my period at the time) i put it in put i couldnt push it any furthor, it just wouldnt go. So i went swimming with it like that and it was a little uncomfortable but it went fine. So what should i do since i cant push it furthor???

Hey girlie,

First, about the tampon: keep trying! Your bod will get used to the tampons and you'll have an easier time with more use. Once it's in as far as it's supposed to be, you won't feel uncomfortable wearing them at all! And it always feels a little weird inserting/taking them out, but you get used to that too. And you get faster, so it's a snap! Smile

Now, about the yeast infection. You will DEFINITELY notice the itching and/or burning sensations coming from "down there." It won't just feel like it's itching on the outside either - it'll kinda feel like it's itching all over, including inside. Sometimes it also comes with thick, white, cottage cheese-like discharge. If you have either of those, get to your doc! It's no big deal - I've had one and most girls will experience their first before they turn 25. The doctor can prescribe creams/treatments that get rid of it really fast - which will be a BIG relief if it's itching! <3
Lauren C.

by hermionelover on 12/2/2011 12:35:52 AM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by DivaD01 on 11/8/2011 1:34:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey! When do you think I will get my period? I know that you can never tell for sure, but I want an estimate?
I have
-breasts that are a 34A that have been developing for 2 years
-pubic hair (it is like a forest LOL)
-acne
-leg hair
-underarm hair
-discharge (quite a bit, but never seen in my underwear. However, I have only had it for roughly a month or so. I've noticed that there has been more recently. It is clear)
-mood swings
-cramps
My doctor said I should be getting it this school year, but I know it is impossible to tell for sure. My mom got hers when she was 16, due to a medical problem, but my grandma got her's when she was 12.
Please, anything you can tell me would be fine! I really want to have an estimate. I know nothing can be set in stone of course.

Hey girl, honestly, no one can tell you the exact date; no one knows. The best advice I have is to be prepared with pads but realize it doesn't matter when your mom or grandmother got it. When you get it will be completely unique. It's just important you're ready for when it does come.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by tswiftie4eva on 11/7/2011 7:30:22 PM

I have hair down there, boobs for 2 or 3 years, and discharge for like 1 year and a half....do you think I'll get my period soon?

Hey girlie,

It's hard to predict it for sure, but you can relax a little because you're progressing through puberty totally normally! Smile You've got all the signs, so just try to be patient and I'm sure it'll come soon <3

Lauren C.

by katy450 on 11/3/2011 5:32:49 PM

MOD
I am 13 and a half. I started my period for the first time in July, but haven't had one since. I know it's normal for irregularity the first couple of years, but 4 months??

Hey girl,

It's really normal for it to be irregular, trust us! If you're concerned though, nothing beats a professional opinion - ask your doc to be sure!
Lauren C.

by mee4life on 10/27/2011 6:02:56 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
My mom wont let me wear tampons. I tried to ask her why, but she only said that she just doesn't like them. She's never used tampons in her life before, and I'm wondering what the possible reason might be why she won't let me use them Smile

You should try asking her one day when you guys are having a nice time--she may be more open to talk about it then Smile

Brittany G.