12 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

16 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

17 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Virgins can't use tampons

I want to try using a tampon but my sis said you have to have sex first...

MOD
im not understanding this whole hymen thing...what is it? and is there a point for having it?

The hymen is a piece of tissue that lines the vaginal opening. It has no definite function other than as part of the vaginal opening Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by jazziesgirl on 10/22/2011 12:01:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok well my sis just got her period, Well i have mine soon? My grandma and mom got theirs at age 13, Well i have mine right after my sisters? Thanks! Smile Smile

Theres no way to be sure because periods are very unpredictable. But thats entirely possible! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by amanda16 on 10/21/2011 8:09:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I just got my period like three days ago. Its been really heavy and even though i use strong pads, blood always leaks on my undies. is this normal? i have tried using tampons, and i want to know how often to change them. Also i am in 6th grade. we dont carry our bookbags around, we have big lockers.i want to know how i can sneak a pad/tampon into the bathroom without anyone knowing. thanx for ur help!

Keep changing your pad. Dont let it stay on for too long. IF you do that you wont have leaks. As for getting pads to the bathroom buy a cute little bag to put them in so its discreet. Also tampons should be take out no longer than 8 hours after putting it in. So you could change it every 4 to 8 hours. Good luck! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by bubblybug2000 on 10/21/2011 5:02:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! I haved cramps & bloated feelings forover a week iv"e read in most of my books that is a sigh your going to get you peried soon It has been very hard for me . ive also have been having discharge Is this a sigh?.

Hi girl,

Yes these are all signs that your period could be on its way! It's hard at first but we all go through it, so try not to freak out. Instead, just be prepared with pads and know that you're not alone!
Lauren C.

by vintagestyle on 10/20/2011 7:37:31 PM

Is there a reason for us to have a hymen? Like does it do anything? I know it breaks when we have sex or from doing other things but why is it there?

by luckykel on 10/19/2011 4:22:45 PM

I use tampons AND a pad but blood still goes through my pants one morning me and my bro were sitting watching TV but when I stood up to get a drink he said "ummmmmmm Vic there's blood on the back of your pants" I had to tell him why I was soooooo embarrassed is there anything else that can help stop all the blood or at least make it less blood I feel insecure when I go to school and I'm on my period. I am on my period now but my mom has people coming over for the weekend HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey chicky, you should try getting thicker, stronger pads. Always has some really good ones. You also have to switch your pads throughout the day. Girls with heavier flows, have to switch pads all throughout the day so be sure to do this. Hope this helps!!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by tinkyv4499 on 10/15/2011 6:05:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD !
Whats a hymem, and how does it get broken?
is that how one canget pregnant?
PLEASE RESPOND!
thnx, monkeys

Hey girlie!

Your hymen is a thin membrane layer that partially covers the vaginal opening.  It is not broken, but rather it stretches the first time a girl has sex.  No, a hymen being "broken" has absolutely nothing to do with how one gets pregnant.
Jordan S.

by <3Monkeys<3 on 10/12/2011 3:01:00 PM

Mod...
how do you use a tampon? My mom doesn't let me wear them so i don't know who to ask. Will it hurt the first time?

Hey honey, there are instructions included in the box on how to put them in. Your mom may not let you wear them because she probably feels you're not yet old enough. Tampons can be uncomfortable at first and yes it may hurt a little so just take your time.

Amalia E.

by baby_girl567 on 10/12/2011 9:30:44 AM

MOD,
I've had my period for 3 years, I know how to put a tampon in. That's not the problemmmm, it just hurts to take it out.

Hey girl, I'd check the instructions and make sure you're strictly following how to take it out. I'd also ask your mom too. It shouldn't be painful if you've been using them for this long.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by mal920 on 10/10/2011 8:54:44 PM

Hey girl, I'd try following the instructions. Be careful and ensure you are inserting it correctly. It really shouldn't hurt that much.

xoxo