1 HOURS AGO It's #ManiMonday! Style up in 20 pretty polish picks: http://t.co/aQDYUFFHYZ

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 girlies send good vibes with #KarmaGift's Coral Tattoo Scarf: http://t.co/AC4ASI4X9W

3 HOURS AGO 20 fashion DIYs that are actually doable: http://t.co/syvbp82Oa9

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Virgins can't use tampons

I want to try using a tampon but my sis said you have to have sex first...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Is it true that's when you get your period you stop growing?! I've had my period for about 6 months and im already really pretty short and im worried that I stopped growing! Im twelve( thirteen in two months) and im only 4'11"& 1/2!

Hey there,

Of course not!  Girl, you still have lots of growing in store for you!  How tall you get or how curvy you get has very little to do with your period. Most girls continue growing in some way or another up into their twenties.  If you want an idea of how tall you'll get, take a look at your family.
Jordan S.

by Aj.Is.A.Beast.98 on 8/31/2011 3:02:03 PM

gross....

by isiahlaye on 8/28/2011 9:03:58 PM

Tampons not = to losing it.

Tampons are great, they are the only way we can swim and do gymnastics and other activities, and you do get used to using them. But you do reach a point where you start to think about things down there, like whats sex like, its only natural to have those thoughts. But I dont think tampons are anything like sex, like they are much smaller and yes maybe using the lube is kind of the same but you definitely dont lose your virginity from a tampon.

by luckykel on 8/26/2011 11:36:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have been getting my period since December 2010. So I don't expect it to be regular but here's the deal. I got one in late July and then early-ish August! Now it is the 26th of August and I got it again! Is something wrong?

Hey girl, nothing's wrong! Your body is always changing and it reacts to weather changes, new routines, and other impacts on your life. It may jut be trying to get on schedule. If you are really worried, talk to your doc.

Tory N.

by Maggie13 on 8/26/2011 9:31:08 AM

NOT TRUE---

Your sis doesnt know what she is talking about. She needs to go back to sex-ed class if she thinks you need to have sex first before you start using tampons. The hymen thing is important because that will break when you start having sex but it can also break from doing sports, riding things like horses and from using vibrators or putting things inside of you.

And if you do start using tampons putting small amounts of lube like KY jelly lubricant or Astroglide will help them slide in easier. Believe me tampons dont make you lose your virginity.

by luckykel on 8/25/2011 7:56:45 PM

MOD MOD
Brittany, thanks for your help! Laughing i tried using my mom's shampoo/conditioner and it worked Laughing

by horsie9000 on 8/25/2011 1:55:09 PM

MODMODMODMOD!
Hey! I need help asap!!!!
I'm going on a school trip tomorrow, (swimming, bowling etc) and, I want to try a tampon for the first time, is this a good idea? I heard that they can cause diseases in some cases :S is this a myth?
Thank you! Smile

You gotta make sure to change your tampon every 8 hours (preferably less) and youll be fine! If you keep a tampon in for too long you can get sick and possibly die. But if you follow the 8 hour rule youll be perfectly fine!! Smile xoxo kerr
Kerra S.

by bballdoll on 8/25/2011 12:43:47 AM

dont worry. i bet you sister was just trying to scare you or something. :/

by starry~55 on 8/24/2011 7:23:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
how do i know when im going to have my period help me

Hey girl, you don't/can't: there's no way to tell the magic date. All you can do is be prepared with pads and know if you're PMSing: headache, moody, increased hunger and fatigue, bloatedness, etc.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by jess9a on 8/24/2011 12:22:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok, so i have a yeast infection i am almost positive. So am I still allowed to where tampons when i am on my period when i have this yeast infection? i have heard yes and no. I play volleyball, so i hope i can. and, my mom says it is not good for girls my age to wear tampons. I am 13. (8th grade) and i have had my period since June 4th (my birthday), so is it okay for girls my age to wear tampons? my mom doesn't let me wear them unless its for swimming, but sometimes i still wear them without her knowing for volleyball. Thanks! Smile))) please answer!

Alyssa B.