1 HOURS AGO RT @danimitchell3: #ootd #GLfashbash #fashbash Thanks Girl Life Magazine for the comfy shirt!!! #backtoschool @girlslifemag http://t.co/Wwopic.twitter.com/WwoPqWxTcW

1 HOURS AGO Consider these braces myths busted: http://t.co/OeysYpfhsF

2 HOURS AGO The problem with #feminism: http://t.co/KVSIiYGCrd

COMMENTS

Fact or fiction: Virgins can't use tampons

I want to try using a tampon but my sis said you have to have sex first...

When I take my tampon out after swimming, I don't really get my period for the rest of the day. Why does it do this and is this normal? And can I wash down there when I'm on my period?

Hey cutie! You should definitely be washing down there especially when you have your period. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about if your period doesn't come after being in the pool. Water relaxes your muscles, so that's probably why. xoxo
Jess W.

by noellastarr0206 on 8/23/2011 1:05:57 PM

mod mod mod
the first couple of times i put in a tampon correctly it hurt really really bad when it was going in why is that

I hate to say it, babe, but it's pretty normal for the first few tampons you put in to be a bit uncomfortable or painful. Why? Because you haven't found the right insertion angle yet. Keep trying and changing up the way you slide in the applicator to find just the right position, and you'll be comfy in no time!

Brittany T.

by cranberry on 8/23/2011 11:14:30 AM

Tampons don't break your hymen... Brittany T.

by cutiecayley333 on 8/23/2011 10:58:17 AM

MODMODMOMOD
Recently my scalp has been kinda dry and itchy. THe thing is, I am using this special hydrating shampoo+conditioner that my mom got for me at the hair salon! Should i switch my hair products or something? What should i dooo?

How long have you been using the shampoo/conditioner? Sometimes they take a little while to work. It's possible that your S&C (or other hair products you use) have a chemical in them that's irritating your scalp. You might want to grab an inexpensive dandruff shampoo at a drugstore to see if the switch helps.

Brittany T.

by horsie9000 on 8/23/2011 9:09:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
stupid question, how do you put in a tampon correctly?

Hey babe! There are directions on inserting them in every box of tampons. Take a look and then take your time.

Brittany T.

by cutiecayley333 on 8/23/2011 8:15:47 AM

how do you transport your pad to the bathroom without people finding out?

by Gravy2332 on 8/23/2011 7:42:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD It's good to know my dad was wrong about this when he told me but my mom says maybe I can start to use tampons when school starts. But if im with my dad or grandma who never let my mom use tampons because of that rely tampon recall in the 80s what do I sayi dont want them to get noisy thinking I had sex

Hey girl! That's a tough sitch. It's really nobody's business what you use during your period--you should use what you're comfortable with. Be discreet, and if it becomes an issue, ask your dad or grandma to talk to your mom about the decision.

Brittany T.

by nirvana fan on 8/23/2011 2:03:01 AM

Ha, that's funny.
Tampons have nothing to do with your virginity.

by thetruth on 8/23/2011 12:09:26 AM