IN THE LAST MINUTE The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

AN HOUR AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

2 HOURS AGO In Both of Me, a total stranger changes Clara's life 4ever. Win this mind blowing book from @BlinkPublishing today: http://t.co/ueozMpeV4p

COMMENTS

I'm scared of being home alone

I’m 14 and I’m terrified of being left home by myself, even during the day. Help!

when im home alone it's hard for me to do anything but sit on the couch and watch tv, cuz im always looking behind me and behind furniture to make sure no crazy killer is hiding there...when i play piano it's still hard because i look everywhere behind me before i play, and i heard weird things like footsteps or slamming doors...i know it's the wind or my imagination, but i can't get over it. i wasn't like this before...one time i was alone and i was ironing something then a light flicked on in one room behind me and i heard voices and footsteps... i was so freaked i called my mom and sat there on a chair watching a movie crying...stupid home alone fears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by loppyears12 on 6/21/2012 8:49:51 PM

MODMODMODMOD
I'm in grade 8 and I have to get booster shots this coming January. In grade 6, I fainted when I got the normal shots. Is there anything that will be able to like, numb my arm or something? Cause I have to bring a teddie bear and I bawl like a baby. I'm so scared.... Please please please, do you have any advice?

Hey girlie,

There's nothing to numb your arm so you don't feel it, but the pain lasts for SUCH a short time. You're probably not crying because of the pain - you're crying because of all the worry and anticipation you feel before the shot itself. So to beat that, try to take things one minute at a time. And read this article - it'll really help Smile
Lauren C.

by hdlouhy on 12/10/2011 11:28:48 PM

MOD!!
This is getting serious..My bus driver is always touching me and staring at me. I act like it doesn't bother me but it is really scary. He once almost crashed the bus because he was looking at me in the rearview mirror. I think he may be sexually harrassing me. I've had his bus for two years and it's only getting worse. I haven't told my parent's because I KNOW they won't believe me. I want to get away from him before he....You know.....

Hey girl, this is a serious situation and something that needs to be resolved. If he is giving you unwanted attention and is acting inappropriately toward you then maybe you should tell your parents despite your doubts that they will believe you. Tell them anyway! You may also want to talk with a guidance counselor at your school. Also refer to this site for more help : www.nineline.org

Amalia E.

by angelicjade on 11/28/2011 10:15:35 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I need help. My uncle is dying....like they said he probably won't make it through the weekend. He and I used to be super close but now i see him about once a month but since he has gotten sicker I haven't seen him in about 2 months or so. I don't know what to do. My mom is giving me the option to go see him but she isn't making me. I want to see him and tell him that I love him but I don't know if I can handle it. I know if I don't go see him I'm going to regret it. I don't know what to do..thanks (:

Hey babe,

I am so sorry that you're going through such a difficult time. I think you should see your uncle and tell him you love him - you said you would regret it if you didn't, so I think you knew the answer in your heart. When you get there, hold your head high and told him that you love him and what your time together meant to you. If you need someone to talk to, try talking to a friend, teacher, guidance counselor, family friend, or parent. You can also call one of these toll-free confidential hotlines: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx I wish only the best for you! xoxox
Devin A.

by sweetheart118 on 11/18/2011 3:26:29 PM

OMG! im like that when im home alone after 5. I know im safe but, its just me. only once have i locked all the windows,doors, and turned off all the lights and got my prcticing in and homework done. it wan't that long ago, actually. but you'll b fiine. im actually sitting with an open door and sunlight shining through the door. typing right now. Ive been cleaning, home alone for 3 hours. you'll be fine. trust me. It's normal, like bieng afraid of thunder! Don't worry. Smile I may sound cheezy, but, itz true! don't worry, chika. good luck! ^w^

by silver_wolf on 10/1/2011 4:20:53 PM

Hey dont worry I'm the exact same way! I'm scared when i stay alone, but im fine when my sister or someone else is there but i always get paranoid that something bad is going to happen! glad to know im not the only one Tong

by dagymnast on 9/12/2011 6:30:06 PM

***********ATTENTION GIRLS****************
Hey girls need some advice??? Well than I have some great news for you!!!!! It is the GRAND OPENING of my club It's a Girl's Thing!!!! Wether you need advice or just want to join a club come one over!!! Positions are available!!! Hope to see ya there!!!
<3 Jamie (IAGT Prez)

by proarchergal42 on 9/11/2011 12:35:13 PM

Mod mod mod
I need help. So used to be a really good swimmer on the swim team but a new coach came and i messed up my shoulder... It was complicated. So i quit. Now i have no idea who i am anymore. I have no way to find out a new hobby and i dont just want to go around trying everything. I feel insecure cuz im not sure who i am. Pleaae help. I need a hobby!!!

Hey girl!

It sounds like swimming was a big part of your life, but it's time to find something new to identify with. Start small and think about other things you're interested in. If you want to do another sport to keep active but don't want to start something brand new, consider running on cross country or track (or just on your own). It will give you exercise and doesn't require a lot of rules or moves to learn. There are plenty of things to get involved in at school that will make you feel better again: theater, student government, the school paper. Or if you're not ready to be on a team or group yet, find individual ways to express yourself. Visit a craft store a pick out a creative project, like learning how to knit or making friendship bracelets. Finding something to do on your own will keep you occupied and give you something new to love just as much as swimming. I hope you find what you're looking for! Rachel N.

by Awesomelyjax on 9/8/2011 2:00:20 AM

Hey girls!

Need advice? Well, I’m here to help!
I can give advice on just about anything,:
Boys
Music
Outfits
Breakups
Sports
Workouts
Makeup
Hairstyles
Periods
Family probs
Nailart
And much more!

Also, if you love quotes, go check out my new club “Amazing Quotes” on my profile, and join! Smile

Thanks! Smile

by facebooker1240 on 8/30/2011 12:45:47 PM

I know how you feel! I thought I was weird because of this fear. I have so many reasons why I cannot stay home alone. I mean, I can stay alone with a friend or someone my age or older but all by myself...No Way! (I have an 11 year old sister but she is even more scared than me)

by JoRocks98 on 8/29/2011 4:43:17 AM

I know how you feel! I thought I was weird or something because of this fear. I am 13 and I cannot stay home alone. I have many reasons why. I mean I am okay when I am alone with a friend or something but not by myself. (I mean I have a younger sister but she is more scared than I am)

by JoRocks98 on 8/29/2011 4:37:46 AM

wow, people. come on!!!

by leesakpizza on 8/28/2011 6:18:03 PM

Same here! Every noise I hear i think someone is breaking in... especially during the earthquake. But then I just listen to my iPod or watch Days of our lives...

by noellastarr0206 on 8/28/2011 5:08:33 PM

i totally understand! when i am home alone, the silence sounds so loud and is like surroundong me, y'all probably think i am crazy right? well, i have severe paranoia and a small case of depression (not even kidding, just got diagnosed). so, being home alone is even worse... blah.

by <3luvlife<3 on 8/28/2011 4:58:58 PM

i know what you mean! i had my sis stay with me till i was almost 13.

by filaluvva on 8/28/2011 2:40:12 PM

I would turn on the TV so it sounds like there is people in the house.

by xxkarenyangxx on 8/27/2011 10:00:59 PM

I totally understand this because every time i watch a horror movie i becomes paranoid for a couple of weeks to a month and don't want to stay home under any circumstances. but it's not the burglars or anything that I'm scared of it's thinking my house is haunted, and any little sound that I've never heard of makes me jump out of my skin. I know it sounds really silly but I just get freaked out a lot.

by MegaNinjaLuv on 8/27/2011 5:06:11 PM

It also helps to put on music or something, so you don't freak out at every little noise, that's what I do

by chiisai_senshi on 8/27/2011 4:00:47 PM

I had the same problem! What helped me is all of the above, but also, I thought to myself, there are like 20 houses on this street. Why would they pick me? Also, I went outside for a few minutes and that whole time only 5 cars passed by, and I realized there was no danger! The third thing that helped me was calling a friend and talking for hours. I felt safe!

by Brianaluvsempanadas on 8/27/2011 2:51:35 PM