4 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

7 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

8 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

OMG! I hate my new haircut!

Stylist didn't hear a word you said? Don't fret. We've got 3 style tips to get your mane looking less manic in no time.

MOD MOD MOD MOD !! okay so im about to start 8th grade ina week and my hair is naturally straight and goes down to about the bottom of my bra strap. i like to take a shower at night so then when i wake up in the morning i can do my hair. i like to curl it and wave it and all that stuff but since i have sooooo much hair its takes me a little inder an hour to do my hair, and i have layers just a lot of them. is there any way i can cut my hair doing time in half ? and thing that can help do my hair faster ? im not talkin like 10 minutes but like 30 minutes ?

Hey girl, try looking for some products in the hair aisle at your local store. Try out a few sprays or cremes. If you find a good product you like, you can just put it in your hair and give it a quick blast with the hair dryer, or even let it air dry! It should take a lot of time off.

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by lilmisskrissykris on 8/22/2011 10:31:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm sorry if i asked too many questions.
I have naturally curly hair like really curly hispanic type of hair(u know what i mean?) and so when i get it straightened i like to curl it with a curling iron. i wanna know if there are any products like hairspray, thatll hold my curls when i curl it but it wont make it hard. And it cant be something really wet because then it will make my hair go back to its natural curl(not good!). So are there any products that arent pricey, that do that? and where can i get it?

Helen S.

by purpletoenails on 8/19/2011 8:12:09 PM

my hair is wayvy and frizzy but my paretns wont let me get a straightener so how can i stragthen my hair without chemically treating my hair at a salon
THANKS!!!!

by smileyface101yea on 8/19/2011 6:15:28 PM

MOD PLEASE! Sorry for all the questions! 8th grade is starting next week and Im FREAKED! I was shopping today and I was looking for some hair gel thats makes your hair curly by scrunching it in. I bought this gel called like "Curl Activator Gold" er somethin'. It's a total rip-off! Do you recommend any curl activator stuff? I have long, straight brown hair a little past my shoulders. Just some gel to scrunch in. Thanks Smile BTW- love the magazine! Smile

Hey Sweetie,

Check out this post for tips on how to tame curly hair: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/09/tame-curly-hairstyles.aspx and good luck in eighth grade!
Sarah G.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/19/2011 11:29:49 AM

So summer's almost over, and I look back and most of my time was spent on the computer! I currently live at my grandma's and she's really protective so I'm not allowed to go places by myself, (only like around the block) and I don't have any craft supplies to do things, and I'm not allowed to have friends over a lot! What should I do? I'm so bored and I have NOTHING to do, and I'm the only child here! Thanks SO much! Smile

Hey girl, as for what you can do, see if you can explore an eaby city or its museums. Check and see if there's any concerts going on in your community explicitly and keep your fingers craught.

xoxo

Alyssa B.

by dolcecupcakes on 8/18/2011 11:55:15 PM

I love my new haircut!!!!

@smileyface101yea instead of a straightener, you can buy this one product made from Pantene or maybe Herbal Escenses (I can't remember which one) that is a hair straightening serum. I use it, it works great!

by BeachCoffee on 8/18/2011 11:29:57 PM

That sort of happened to me last year. I was so concerned about how bad it looked but some people actually liked it. This year I have yet to get it cut for school. This weekend will be the time.

by luckykel on 8/18/2011 11:24:05 PM

I always hate getting a haircut because I'm afraid of losing my fabulous 'do. I mean, my hair is at my shoulders but it takes like a couple of weeks for it to grow to where I finally like it. So...my advice is to get a hairdo that you really like and if you want to get something new, get small increments of hair cut off until you get to your destination.

by Browniej12 on 8/18/2011 10:06:27 PM

ahhhhhh this brings back memories! that EXACT thing happened to me in the 6th grade except my dad was cutting it & he layered it plus the most awful bangs!!! so the whole year i had to wear it one style =( anyways, i feel for you & GOOD LUCK!

by filaluvva on 8/18/2011 8:30:57 PM

Although, I've found that after I wash my "new" hair and sleep in it, that my opinion changes. =3

by sparkles5434 on 8/18/2011 7:50:44 PM