10 MINUTES AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

AN HOUR AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

2 HOURS AGO What your food cravings realllllly mean: http://t.co/8hturIgN1O

COMMENTS

OMG! I hate my new haircut!

Stylist didn't hear a word you said? Don't fret. We've got 3 style tips to get your mane looking less manic in no time.

For the next school dance I want to do something super cute with my hair. I thought of curling it up like taylor swift. My hair is naturally wavy but doesn't like to curl, any tips? Thanks!

Hey Girl,

A curling iron is your best bet for this one. To get tight curls like Taylor, you'll want to try a smaller iron (around half an inch). Hairspray is also something you'll want to use to keep your curls in place. Check out this post on how to get the perf curls!
Rachel N.

by bearliz on 11/11/2011 9:53:14 AM

i fell so bad for you. i had beautiful hair. i wanted it cut a lil' above my should and the woman cut my hair above my ears, but it will grow back. try so of the shampoo that helps your hair grow faster or finds some home remedies. good luck

by katiekk16 on 9/28/2011 6:28:10 PM

mod mod mod, I am african american I have different hair than any other race. I have hair what they call relaxed (straightening chemicals) instead of all natural like any other race. I also have medium length hair and i want to cut it so I can be all natural. But it takes a lot of work and i dont know the right products to use on my hair, especially if i wanted it curly while i was transitioning, or just to make it curly without heat or rollers(ugh).

Hey girl, I'd suggest asking your hair stylist about that when you go in to get it cut. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with those products. I'd rely on an expert to recommend products for you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Evelo98 on 9/26/2011 8:15:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
My hair is super SUPER curly (think the diameter of Crayola marker) and really thick. When i straighten it (at most, 3 times a year) its to my elbows, but when i wear it naturally (a basic wash & go) it reaches only a couple inches past my collar bone! Everyone says "i love your hair!" or "I wish mine could do that!" and i really do love it a lot, but how can i get it to keep from shrinking so much without having to put heat on it?
Thanks so much! Hey advice girls!! You guys are utterly fabulous!! Please comment on my profile if you know of anything I can do! I would REALLYYYY appreciate it!!

Hey babe!

One way you can keep your hair permanently straight is to ask your mom about getting a Keratin treatment - a hairstylist will put special proteins on your hair to keep it straight for a few months at a time. Since Keratin treatments can be pretty expensive, why don't you try growing your hair out and using a straightening shampoo to blow it out? Let me know how it goes! xoxo
Devin A.

by XxLittleMonsterxX on 9/12/2011 4:46:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have 2 questions:
1: How do I do makeup like Dianna Agron?
2: How do I curl my hair before school without waking up really early?
Thank you!

Hey girl,

1. She does her makeup different ways depending on where she is (out and about, on Glee, at a red carpet event, etc.) Typically, she has nude lips (just go with a plain gloss or a very plain rosy pink) and her eyes are the focal point: a touch of eyeliner on the bottom, thick eyeliner on the top, and a couple coats of mascara should do the trick! Sometimes she opts for a smoky eye as well.

2. Unfortunately curling your hair naturally takes time - there's no shortcuts if you want it to look good! The only other option is to put your hair in curlers the night before, sleep in them, and take them out in the morning. Try this on a weekend to make sure you like the way it looks!
Lauren C.

by Smileygirl86 on 9/4/2011 12:02:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have to wear this oversized-ish t-shirt for the first day of school. It's kind of like the ones that you would wear to the gym with big sleeves and kind of baggy. There are some words and a small design on the front chest. There are about 60 other people that have to wear these too. How can I stand out from everyone else? I can't cut it, write on it or anything like that. Thanks! (:

Hey girl, try accessorizing it with some sparkly jewelry! Or belt it at your middle to give you some shape.

Tory N.

by lindseyy716 on 8/26/2011 1:30:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I have no idea what to wear to BTS!!! I really want to wear my new golden flats, but compared to my pale feet, it looks weird! Any ideas on my outfit so my feet won't look as pale in comparison to my golden flats?

Nobody's gonna be judgin' your feet, babe, I promise! I love rocking dark wash skinny jeans with a cute pair of flats and a fab fitted top.

Brittany T.

by EMilicious on 8/25/2011 1:51:34 AM

Mod Mod Mod, I have short blonde hair thats SUPER thick my natural hair flips out at the bottom and is wavy do you hve any tips on how to straighten it or curl it thats easy and wont take a while? And could you reccommend a curling iron for me i need to buy a new one. Thank Youuuu

Hey girl, try towel-drying it for a little bit first, and then blasting it with the hair dryer. You could also try a curling or straightening product that could help speed up the process. Tons of brands are sold at drugstores, and you usually put them in when your hair is damp and then you style it. Choosing a curling iron is up to you! It depends on your price range, size, and extra features. Try browsing online before you go to the store so you have an idea of what you want.

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by SkaterGirl129 on 8/24/2011 11:45:02 AM

MOD
is there any way to make the ends of my eyelashes dark instead of blonde without using mascara?

Hey girl,

Not that I know of Frown you could dye them...but I'm thinking if you don't wanna use mascara, you're not gonna want to dye them either!
Lauren C.

by clairebear694 on 8/22/2011 8:19:35 PM

MOd MOd MOd!!! i need your help! my parents always say that getting highlights are bad for your hair.. is this true? also i would like some small highlights before the new school year begins.. my parents keep saying no jokingly and say its bec there bad even though my step mom gets highlights??? HELP!how can i convince them that highlights arnt bad?!

Hey girl, sometimes highlights can go wrong if you don't get them done right or your hair doesn't work with them. If you do get them, make sure you go to a good salon that uses good dye. This might be a little more expensive, but it would be worth it. Talk to your parents about it again and maybe they will let you!

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by sunshine(: on 8/22/2011 3:09:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !! okay so im about to start 8th grade ina week and my hair is naturally straight and goes down to about the bottom of my bra strap. i like to take a shower at night so then when i wake up in the morning i can do my hair. i like to curl it and wave it and all that stuff but since i have sooooo much hair its takes me a little inder an hour to do my hair, and i have layers just a lot of them. is there any way i can cut my hair doing time in half ? and thing that can help do my hair faster ? im not talkin like 10 minutes but like 30 minutes ?

Hey girl, try looking for some products in the hair aisle at your local store. Try out a few sprays or cremes. If you find a good product you like, you can just put it in your hair and give it a quick blast with the hair dryer, or even let it air dry! It should take a lot of time off.

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by lilmisskrissykris on 8/22/2011 10:31:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! I'm sorry if i asked too many questions.
I have naturally curly hair like really curly hispanic type of hair(u know what i mean?) and so when i get it straightened i like to curl it with a curling iron. i wanna know if there are any products like hairspray, thatll hold my curls when i curl it but it wont make it hard. And it cant be something really wet because then it will make my hair go back to its natural curl(not good!). So are there any products that arent pricey, that do that? and where can i get it?

Helen S.

by purpletoenails on 8/19/2011 8:12:09 PM

my hair is wayvy and frizzy but my paretns wont let me get a straightener so how can i stragthen my hair without chemically treating my hair at a salon
THANKS!!!!

by smileyface101yea on 8/19/2011 6:15:28 PM

MOD PLEASE! Sorry for all the questions! 8th grade is starting next week and Im FREAKED! I was shopping today and I was looking for some hair gel thats makes your hair curly by scrunching it in. I bought this gel called like "Curl Activator Gold" er somethin'. It's a total rip-off! Do you recommend any curl activator stuff? I have long, straight brown hair a little past my shoulders. Just some gel to scrunch in. Thanks Smile BTW- love the magazine! Smile

Hey Sweetie,

Check out this post for tips on how to tame curly hair: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/09/tame-curly-hairstyles.aspx and good luck in eighth grade!
Sarah G.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/19/2011 11:29:49 AM

So summer's almost over, and I look back and most of my time was spent on the computer! I currently live at my grandma's and she's really protective so I'm not allowed to go places by myself, (only like around the block) and I don't have any craft supplies to do things, and I'm not allowed to have friends over a lot! What should I do? I'm so bored and I have NOTHING to do, and I'm the only child here! Thanks SO much! Smile

Hey girl, as for what you can do, see if you can explore an eaby city or its museums. Check and see if there's any concerts going on in your community explicitly and keep your fingers craught.

xoxo

Alyssa B.

by dolcecupcakes on 8/18/2011 11:55:15 PM

I love my new haircut!!!!

@smileyface101yea instead of a straightener, you can buy this one product made from Pantene or maybe Herbal Escenses (I can't remember which one) that is a hair straightening serum. I use it, it works great!

by BeachCoffee on 8/18/2011 11:29:57 PM

That sort of happened to me last year. I was so concerned about how bad it looked but some people actually liked it. This year I have yet to get it cut for school. This weekend will be the time.

by luckykel on 8/18/2011 11:24:05 PM

I always hate getting a haircut because I'm afraid of losing my fabulous 'do. I mean, my hair is at my shoulders but it takes like a couple of weeks for it to grow to where I finally like it. So...my advice is to get a hairdo that you really like and if you want to get something new, get small increments of hair cut off until you get to your destination.

by Browniej12 on 8/18/2011 10:06:27 PM

ahhhhhh this brings back memories! that EXACT thing happened to me in the 6th grade except my dad was cutting it & he layered it plus the most awful bangs!!! so the whole year i had to wear it one style =( anyways, i feel for you & GOOD LUCK!

by filaluvva on 8/18/2011 8:30:57 PM

Although, I've found that after I wash my "new" hair and sleep in it, that my opinion changes. =3

by sparkles5434 on 8/18/2011 7:50:44 PM

bhutt i have curly hair and its really frizzy when i dont put product in it but the product raises my curls . my hair is too short to braid or anything and my forehead is too bigg to put it upp . please help mee !

by baybiiey on 8/18/2011 7:50:36 PM

i have really curly hair and my hair turns into a big puff ball and its not cute, if i dont use product but the products make my curls inch up . my hair is too short to braid and i have a really big forehead so i cant put it up . ive jus been streightening my hair everyday . butt when school starts i cant do that . Frown(

by baybiiey on 8/18/2011 7:47:25 PM

THANKS!!!!

Alyssa B.

by smileyface101yea on 8/18/2011 7:17:18 PM

by smileyface101yea on 8/18/2011 7:15:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
My breasts are always sore and itchy. If I touch them there's are sharp pain. also, there's small, white bumps on my nipples. What's going on?

Alyssa B.

by gigishook on 8/18/2011 6:08:50 PM

Accessories like cute clips, headbands, and even nice earrings can enhance your look. I personally think short hair rocks! My hair is braided, but if it wasn't, I'd probably wear it short.

by orangeslice on 8/18/2011 5:30:12 PM

One time, my hair cutter cut my bangs way too short, but i found a way to deal w/ it

by colorqueen101 on 8/18/2011 5:05:42 PM

Hey girls! Need advice? Then come on over to my profile, click on the club named "fasion-queen52"
join, and I'll get back to you!

Tootles!
fasion-queen52

by fasion-queen52 on 8/18/2011 5:05:35 PM

i have sorta longish hair and i kinda want to get it styled like diana agron's new haircut but im too afraid to try!

by tswiftluver13 on 8/18/2011 5:03:44 PM

HEY GIRLIES, COME AND JOIN MY CLUB FUTURE CELEBRITIES. I AM A PROFESSIONAL ACTRESS AND MODEL AND IS WILLING TO HELP YOU. I ALWAYS HAVE GREAT TIPS AND AM EXPERIENCED ON BEING ON SET WITH BIG CELEBRITIES. COME JOIN!

by littlemissy226 on 8/18/2011 2:51:19 PM

I love how this is EXACTLY what happened to me a few days ago. GL always knows o_e

by GoldenGirl113 on 8/18/2011 1:43:38 PM

MODS!!!OK I gotta decide really soon if i wanna switch schools from private to public (it's freshman year)the reasons i'd leave are mostly social (dances, homecoming, football games, better chance of bfs. more friends) and they reasons I'd chicken out are social... i'm scared of being the new girl/having no friends/mena girls/rude boys/drugs/ect.
It absultely terrifies me and i've wasted my who summer stressing.. My scholl atleast ik im safe and have friends.. but i will nv date or go to a dance, and my drives driive me nuts alot... Is it wortth it to switch? or not worth the stress?

Hey girl.

Going from personal experience, I love public schools. I'm sure you'll be able to make friends and fit in just fine. It's all about putting yourself out there and introducing yourself to new people. It's ultimately your decision.
Katelyn L.

by country_luvah on 8/18/2011 1:38:17 PM

MOD MODD MOD
i am going to a party tonight. its casual so i am wearing white shorts and pink flowery shirt. what should i do with my hair? thanks!

Hey girly!

Some casual beachy waves might look nice! Have fun tonight!
Katelyn L.

by mrslautner2016 on 8/18/2011 1:36:13 PM

i was so scared that this would happen to me, so I'm sticking to the old fave 'do. Maybe I'll get a short cut in the summer...?

by feefee109 on 8/18/2011 1:27:22 PM

first comment yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by sparkle and shop on 8/18/2011 1:06:48 PM