Bridget M.

is modding

AN HOUR AGO Which @5SOS guy ditched the group? http://t.co/ha18y5CgrB

1 HOURS AGO Don't deck the hall, deck your nails with 5 fab Christmas manis: http://t.co/lRl4FxZNXW

2 HOURS AGO We chilled with @CodySimpson at @barbizonmodels' Passport to Discovery cruise, and THIS is what he said: http://t.co/rHxMCbdWJj

COMMENTS

True or false: Depilatories harm your skin

My mom won't let me use Nair or Veet because she thinks they do something to your legs do through the acid in the products. Is she right?

MOD My mom won't let me use any deodorant with parabens or aluminum because she read they can cause breast cancer. Is that true?

Hey girl!

There have been reports and claims that deodorants with parabens and aluminum could be a cause of breast cancer in women. However, there isn't really conclusive evidence that that claim is true. The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) will need to do more testing and research to prove whether this is true or not. You should be OK using regular deodorants, but if your mom would be happier if you used the paraben/aluminum free types, then you probably should!
Rachael A.

by donna1 on 7/20/2012 1:29:21 PM

I would NEVER use Nair!!! I used it and got a chemical burn on my legs! I couldn't sleep or anything!

by dutch on 3/29/2012 4:16:24 PM

The only depilatory that worked for me was the Sally Hanson spray on for sensitive skin. Try a little spot to see if it works and don't use any more until it has been 24 hours. If you see red, or anything bad, don't use it. But it has worked fine for me Smile

by mirajhall on 10/9/2011 12:09:38 PM

how do i post a question

by lynzlu on 9/30/2011 6:29:58 PM

I never tryed nair but veet will remove the hair but it leaves these nasty looking read bumps on your thighs of corse that could just be the reaction my skin had to it but I used it like 2 or 3 YEARS ago and I am still baddleing the last of the bumps and it smells awful and even after you shower the stink stays take my advice: stick to razor and shavin cream!!!!!!!!! and then put lotion on your les or a special shimmer spray on the and some shorts or something I will never ever go back to that crap!!!!!!!

by rmkel082 on 9/9/2011 10:00:07 PM

Thanks Lauren C!!! So you're basically saying that I shouldn't worry about it but if it keeps happening I should say something? But it probably did fall or something and she just picked it back up. Thanks!

Absolutely, that's exactly what I meant Smile You're welcome!!

Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 8/29/2011 4:58:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
After my sister got out of the shower I noticed that my razor was moved. I think that she used it. Is this bad? Should I be worried? Thanks!

Hey girl,

She prob just dropped it while she was reaching for a shampoo bottle or something! Try not to assume - it was just this once Smile if it's constantly moved though and you notice hairs in the blades that were not there when you left it, you'll have to talk to her about it. It's not safe to share razors, even though you're family - she could have cut herself and passed along an infection/illness. Yuck! You could also dry off the razor and bring it back to your bedroom in a lil shower caddy so you know for sure she won't steal it.

Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 8/29/2011 4:03:38 PM

I use veet and its really good it last for like 2 weeks depending on how long u leave it on

by kaykayrock on 8/28/2011 10:29:23 PM

I use Veet sometimes if I have to but it doesn't really work and it never comes off the tub or your hands and smells REALLY bad Frown

by lovetolaugh on 8/25/2011 8:50:11 PM

MOD!
I usually get my period around the 5th but this month after my last period I've been playing volleyball and practice is intense. Will this make my period come earlier? I haven't had any PMS yet, but I just don't want it to start during the school day.

Hey girlie, sometimes stress can affect your period, but there's no way to know exactly how. It could come earlier or it might be later.
Lauren T.