11 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

14 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

15 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

True or false: Depilatories harm your skin

My mom won't let me use Nair or Veet because she thinks they do something to your legs do through the acid in the products. Is she right?

Where do you get these products?

by Ggirlthe50 on 7/13/2013 12:15:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD Would this (Nair or Veet) work on facial hair? I hate plucking eyebrows. :/ I also have a bit of a "mustache" but you can't really tell.

Hey GL girl! Before you use these beauty products, make sure you don't have sensitive skin or any genetic (family-related) conditions in which Nair or Veet could upset or damage your skin. Search the products you want in google to see if they have what you're looking for.

Good luck, GL girl!

ElizabethGwenn

by Cute2013xx on 7/10/2013 3:45:27 PM

CALLING ALL IPOD OWNERS or anyone who loves music!!! Come join the cool club "ipod owners" We talk about anything musically related!

by Ralinia on 7/10/2013 11:28:26 AM

Musicalmimz2000

Depilatory (Nair or Veet) are creams that kill the root or you hair, making the hair wash off painlessly. It's painless and in my opinion, better than waxing. I don't think you can use it on facial hair though

by ColosalMascara on 7/10/2013 9:58:25 AM

I have really painful cramps that are keeping me from sleeping right now. Im on birth control already for the heaviness of my period so I can't get that. I'm prescribed to take 3 Advil for it and ice done that and I have a heating pad I've been using on my back and stomach. What else can I do?

Hey girl,

It sounds like you're doing everything right! Heating pads/ hot water bottles really help. Take it easy, watch some movies, drink tea and relax. The pain should be over soon! Talk to your mom and doctor about medications and anything else you should do to make it easier.

xoxo

Caroline C.

by cgirl751 on 7/9/2013 12:49:06 AM

I don't really know what is depliatory... But is it less painful than waxing? I really want to find an efficient way to remove or dye hair. It's not that dark, and I use a cream to dye my facial hair. Is that depliatory? Because it leaves a small mark for about ten minutes that looks like a huge zit. Could it be a bad sign?

by musicalmimz2000 on 7/8/2013 2:20:05 PM

I've used both, they work great! This article is right though, test the product and follow the instructions!

by ColosalMascara on 7/8/2013 12:44:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD so I volunteered to work the cotton candy booth at a school festival and the next morning I woke up with a bit of a rash on my chest. Do you think it was from all the sugar flying around from the machine or like using scented soap, (even though I always use it) or some combination of the two? And how do I get rid of it fast? It's been a few days since it started and I've put some stuff on it, it's less red i think. Please help! Thank you Smile

Hey bunnehz, mhmm I'm not sure. It could've had something to do with the stuff in the cotton candy and the outdoors. I would continue rubbing the stuff on it to see if that helps any. If not, I would let a parent know so you can go to the doctors. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by bunnehz on 7/8/2013 12:53:16 AM

I used Nair three times. The first time, it worked. The other two, it didn't! Well, you can't blame them. I didn't read the instructions those two times. Well, if I read the instructions correctly one more time and it doesn't work again, I'm prob. gonna throw it away or something.

by cheetah#1 on 8/2/2012 8:38:07 PM

MOD Thanks Rachael A.

by donna1 on 7/21/2012 3:08:37 PM

MOD My mom won't let me use any deodorant with parabens or aluminum because she read they can cause breast cancer. Is that true?

Hey girl!

There have been reports and claims that deodorants with parabens and aluminum could be a cause of breast cancer in women. However, there isn't really conclusive evidence that that claim is true. The FDA (Food & Drug Administration) will need to do more testing and research to prove whether this is true or not. You should be OK using regular deodorants, but if your mom would be happier if you used the paraben/aluminum free types, then you probably should!
Rachael A.

by donna1 on 7/20/2012 1:29:21 PM

I would NEVER use Nair!!! I used it and got a chemical burn on my legs! I couldn't sleep or anything!

by dutch on 3/29/2012 4:16:24 PM

The only depilatory that worked for me was the Sally Hanson spray on for sensitive skin. Try a little spot to see if it works and don't use any more until it has been 24 hours. If you see red, or anything bad, don't use it. But it has worked fine for me Smile

by mirajhall on 10/9/2011 12:09:38 PM

how do i post a question

by lynzlu on 9/30/2011 6:29:58 PM

I never tryed nair but veet will remove the hair but it leaves these nasty looking read bumps on your thighs of corse that could just be the reaction my skin had to it but I used it like 2 or 3 YEARS ago and I am still baddleing the last of the bumps and it smells awful and even after you shower the stink stays take my advice: stick to razor and shavin cream!!!!!!!!! and then put lotion on your les or a special shimmer spray on the and some shorts or something I will never ever go back to that crap!!!!!!!

by rmkel082 on 9/9/2011 10:00:07 PM

Thanks Lauren C!!! So you're basically saying that I shouldn't worry about it but if it keeps happening I should say something? But it probably did fall or something and she just picked it back up. Thanks!

Absolutely, that's exactly what I meant Smile You're welcome!!

Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 8/29/2011 4:58:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
After my sister got out of the shower I noticed that my razor was moved. I think that she used it. Is this bad? Should I be worried? Thanks!

Hey girl,

She prob just dropped it while she was reaching for a shampoo bottle or something! Try not to assume - it was just this once Smile if it's constantly moved though and you notice hairs in the blades that were not there when you left it, you'll have to talk to her about it. It's not safe to share razors, even though you're family - she could have cut herself and passed along an infection/illness. Yuck! You could also dry off the razor and bring it back to your bedroom in a lil shower caddy so you know for sure she won't steal it.

Lauren C.

by purpleluver716 on 8/29/2011 4:03:38 PM

I use veet and its really good it last for like 2 weeks depending on how long u leave it on

by kaykayrock on 8/28/2011 10:29:23 PM

I use Veet sometimes if I have to but it doesn't really work and it never comes off the tub or your hands and smells REALLY bad Frown

by lovetolaugh on 8/25/2011 8:50:11 PM

MOD!
I usually get my period around the 5th but this month after my last period I've been playing volleyball and practice is intense. Will this make my period come earlier? I haven't had any PMS yet, but I just don't want it to start during the school day.

Hey girlie, sometimes stress can affect your period, but there's no way to know exactly how. It could come earlier or it might be later.
Lauren T.

by smileysevvie on 8/25/2011 7:55:19 PM

my friend used nair on her FACE!!! (idk why tho) she got these burn marks where ur smile lines should be
the reason u have to b careful with nair is cause its acid so it burns ur hair so if u use it on bare skin (like she did) it burns ur skin

by decklandog on 8/25/2011 6:59:17 PM

i use nair and i accidentally left it on too long and it burned a small sliver of skin off and left red bumps (they went away) so if you have small stubs of hair never go over the minimum of time! haha Smile

by dancerwithattitude10 on 8/25/2011 5:48:17 PM

Tong

by RaceTiger7 on 8/25/2011 3:02:20 PM

Mod MOD MOD My mom won't let me shave because it makes your air prickly and it only lasts a few days. I have thick dark hair, and I heard that sometimes you can see the hair under your skin if you shave. is that true?? I use wax and depilatory cream and they work well, and im gettiing an epilator soon. Should i try to convince my mom to let me shave, or just respect her rule?

If wax and depilatories are working for you, then why shift to shaving? You could certainly ask her again, but I wouldn't go behind her back.

Brittany T.

by cornpie21 on 8/25/2011 11:01:48 AM

........ My mom says the hair will come back anyway so whats the point shaving everyday.... Frown((

by CrystalSwarovski on 8/25/2011 10:11:03 AM

Nair made my skin feel like it was burning so I didn't use it after that.

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/25/2011 7:33:18 AM

i used to use nair, then i started my period and my mom let me shave. which reminds me,
*!MOD!*
i got my first period on may 8th of 2011 and it august 25 of 2011 so its been...about 3 and a half months since i got my first one but i have yet to get my second one! tonight ive felt like 2 possible cramps in a few hours but idk. is this normal or should i be worried? like should i talk to a doctor or just leave it?

You're normal! Don't worry Smile