AN HOUR AGO Try this GLgirl's all-natch beauty look: http://t.co/CSBmtk5DVx

13 HOURS AGO Why you should be rockin' a super cute sun hat this season: http://t.co/6iUJMHrLzm

16 HOURS AGO Don't worry; shaving your arms will not make your hair grow back like a sasquach: http://t.co/xbnHVhvheI

COMMENTS

What you're wearing on the first day

12 ideas for easy and impressive first-day-back outfits—from you!

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
So I go back to school tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm gonna wear besides jean shorts since its still sooooooo hot! what do you think I should wear? I'm super tall and alittle chubby and I have shoulder length blonde hair. thanks soooooo much! Smile

How about a cute tee or tank and some flips or flats?

Brittany T.

by jellybean1998 on 8/23/2011 11:34:09 AM

I start school tomorrow! i think i'm wearing this really cute slouchy 3/4 sleeve purple top from american eagle with destroyed skinny jeans and metallic gray flats and maaaybe a white or a gray scarf. Or a necklace. Still so undecided. UGH!! Tong

by pinkandlime on 8/23/2011 10:43:10 AM

I always love these first day of school posts close to the end of August! It's not very helpful for people like me who start the first week or so of August

by TeamPotter on 8/23/2011 9:46:17 AM

mod what is it you do when your not answering our questions on here

Hey babe! Mods do all sorts of things, from writing articles for the site to helping the GL editors with special projects. And we have our own lives, too, ya know!

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:59:28 AM

mod
my parent basically hides anything decent towrite with from me so I have to use barely sharpened penicils and pens that barely write and stuff bcuz she freaks out if i ruin a writing utensil worth writing with (chew on, lose etc)would crayons be legible enough to use for my homeschool work im tired of dull pencils and messed up pens

Hey babe. Why can't you sharpen the pencils or grab an inexpensive box of pens at an office supply store? Pencils and cheap pens are pretty standard school (or homeschool) fare. I would stay away from crayons. They aren't terribly legible and look a little immature.

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:58:46 AM

mod mod mod i had to take care of others before i was even old enough to take care of myelf and on top of that ill always be 3-4 years younger mentally I'm not ready to grow up but I have no choice

Aww, babe, that stinks!

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:55:37 AM

mod mod mod
1.im the only semi-unchooler or any type of homeschooler at the boys and girls club does that mean its not for me
2. i cant find my favorite shirt ): my mom and I have looked everywhere I can't believe i lost it
3. I rly dont wanna do a curriculem homeschooling but my mom n i r scared the lady at the school board workers office will make us cuz shes annoying and stuff even though its not a law can u stop one of those programs once u start it

Just because nobody else you know homeschools doesn't mean it's the wrong choice for you. And unfortunately, when it comes to homeschool technicalities, I don't know all the specifics. You might want to check with someone else at the school board, or a homeschooling organization to see what your options are.

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:28:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
dairy isnt that good for my stomach but i always eat it without really caring even though i know i should be, how do i avoid it? thanks!

Dairy is all around you, babe. You can only avoid it if you choose not to eat or drink it. Try to find substitutes for your favorite things, like milk and ice cream, and alternatives for other munchies you tend to eat a lot. Once you get into the habit of not eating dairy, it won't be a big deal at all.

Brittany T.

by qwerty66 on 8/23/2011 2:46:50 AM

Im really really into fashion and want to get into modeling buisness. People always say I should do it, im really pretty, ect. . So how do I get into it? I know there are modeling scouts and agencies but are there any that your positive arent a scam and that I can trust if I sent them some pictures? thanks so much for your help!! XOXO

Hey girlie,

The main rule is NEVER trust a company that asks you to pay money upfront. Real modeling agencies will never ask that of you. Instead of listening to random "scouts" at the mall who call you pretty and try to scam your fam into paying money to them, try getting your parents on board. See if they have any friends whose children have pursued modeling, or even ask your school's guidance office, a local hair/beauty salon, or theater for advice/contacts. Reach out to everyone and don't be afraid to give someone a call to ask for their help and advice. It's important to network, aka talk to as many people in/around the business as possible so they can help you through it. As long as you're dedicated, stay patient, and work hard, you'll achieve your goals Smile
Lauren C.

by octobergirl on 8/22/2011 10:27:36 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod
I am wearing a black t-shirt under a printed black and cream-ish colored tank for the first day of school. I have some aryia brand jean shorts, and my flip flops are brown (guys, because I can find my size in womens, (12)). I was just wondering what are some ideas for makeup? Oh, and I use eyeshadow as eyeliner (just applying it with the side of the eyeshadow brush) but it doesnt stay all day and becomes uneven. Do you know how to make it stop doing that, or any tips to help? Thanks! (:
Sorry, just one more thing...what would be a good color for my nails (toes and fingers?) I have greenish blue, pink, orange, lime green, gold, blue confetti, and silver sparkles. Thanks again Smile

Hey girl,

This outfit sounds super cute. For your nail polish, try a light color to brighten your outfit a lil bit. Blue confetti, pink, or greenish blue would be my picks! As for your makeup, try applying a thin layer of moisturizer on your face - even your eyelids (but be careful, don't get it in your eyes). Then apply your makeup. It helps keep powder more in place throughout the day! Just keep it simple for the first day of school - eyeshadow as eyeliner, maybe a coat of mascara, and a dash of lip gloss. It'll take no time to get ready in the morning and it'll make ya feel your best!
Lauren C.