Bridget M.

is modding

10 HOURS AGO #Quiz—which classic Christmas flick are you? http://t.co/i0LF5xdOKg

13 HOURS AGO .@CodySimpson has some major exciting news: http://t.co/BsrYGeIaoe

14 HOURS AGO This throwback Christmas pic of @FifthHarmony is die for #SOCUTE: http://t.co/9GKHuKVpHl #5H #harmonizers

COMMENTS

What you're wearing on the first day

12 ideas for easy and impressive first-day-back outfits—from you!

so, I'm an extreme planner, and already have my first day of school outfit planned. However, I don't know what shoes to wear. I'm going to be a freshman, and so I don't want to look like the "annoying freshman" It's a white fitted t-shirt with a pocket, blue skinny jeans, a scarf that is all kinds of colors. What shoes should I wear?

Hey! I think chuck taylors or similar sneakers would look cute with that. Colorful flats would also be good. Anything colorful that complements your scarf would really complete the look Smile

Helen S.

by PuddinHead on 7/11/2013 5:39:49 PM

I think that You try skinny jeans, Tank Top with high heels.You can get the best dresses when you visit smccloset online shopping store.

by smccloset on 3/12/2013 7:57:15 AM

For the first day, I'm probably going to go for a graphic tank, a blazer, skinny jeans and flats.

by meepala21 on 8/30/2012 11:46:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok so for the first day I was thinking of wearing This skirt with a black tank top and that color blue shrug.  I'm like really tall my waist is fairly skinny and I have a little bigger thighs. My BFF says I should wear it but I don't know if I should just wear a pair of jeans cute tshirt and sparkly converse because kids at my school don't really dress up. And if I did wear the skirt outfit any shoe suggestions? But no heels! What should I do? Thanks in advance

Hey girl! Ballet flats go with everything, so try that! I say wear the skirt- your friend would tell you if you shouldn't.  If your'e still nervous, run it by your mom, and she'll for sure tell you what's what. xoxo

Kate G.

by abhorm on 8/21/2012 10:55:52 AM

I know exactly what I want to wear but I don't know where to get it! I am thinking of a cute (slightly higher than the knee or mid-thigh; my school has strict dress codes) boho lace dress with a braided belt and a cardigan. Any ideas on where to get them? I'm small and slender so idk where to go! Any ideas?

Hey Girl! Try Delias, Lulu's, or Nordstroms! I love all of their dresses and they all have smaller sizes! Good Luck! Sounds like an adorable outfit!

Carly S.

by CandyMandy on 8/20/2012 2:39:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I am an extreme Directioner! Like I have a case of Direction Infection, that could put me in the ER. Anyways, I have outfits inspired by each of the boys that I want to wear to school but i don't know if they are good. Help Me?
Here are the outfits:
Harry
♥Black Blazer
♥Black Ankle boots w/ 2in heel
♥white V-neck w/black cami
♥Grey skinny jeans, or plain skinny jeans
Liam
♥Blue Plaid shirt
♥Grey skinny jeans
♥Light Navy blue converse hi-tops
Niall
♥Red polo w/ white cami
♥light khaki skinny jeans
♥Chunky white sneakers(idk what else to call them)
Zayn
♥Grey varsity jacket w/ red "A"
♥White v-neck w/ black cami
♥black skinny jeans
♥Black vans w/ white laces
Louis
♥Black and white striped v-neck w/ white cami
♥Red ankle biter skinny jeans
♥black suspenders off my shoulders
♥light tan TOMS
So what do you think MOD?

Wow! it sounds like you put a lot of work into these outfits! I'm impressed! They all sound hallway ready to me. My favorites are the Harry and Zayn inspired outfits. You'll be rocking your school for sure.

Lauren I.

by koolkat534 on 8/20/2012 1:18:02 PM

MOD!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seriously need your help! I don't know what to wear on the first day of school! Tell me which I should wear:
1. Leather boots, shorts, and and off the shoulder tee
2. A varsity jacket and skirt
3. varsity jacket and shorts
4. flowy tee with shorts

Hey girl! I don't know your personal style, so wear whichever one says "you" the most.  I love the idea of a varsity jacket and a skirt, but if you've been dying to rock the leather boots, wear those! xoxo

Kate G.

by fashion_bug on 8/20/2012 12:33:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
For the first day of school, I am probably going to wear a gray and white striped t shirt and either jean shorts or gray skinny jeans (depending on the weather). But if I wear the Gray skinny jeans, would that be weird with the gray and white t shirt because they are both gray? Also, I don't own a lot of shoes, (1 sandals, 3 winter boots, 1 coach sneaker,and a flip flop) the school don't allow flip flops, so what shoe would go good with the outfit? Also, what kind of accessories should I wear with it? Thanks so much!!!

Hey girl! The grey shirt and jeans may look too bland, but if you spice it up with bright accessories, it can look really cool! Try it with the sandals, or see if your mom will let you get Keds or Toms (which are comfortable and great for fall and spring). xoxo

Kate G.

by michelle132 on 8/17/2012 1:55:17 PM

IDK what i'm gonna wear. I have to think about what NEW clothes to wear on pic day and my b-day. Whatever it's gonna be, it'll be totes cute and definitely gonna make me stand out!

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 11:23:54 AM

i am wearing a floral skirt with a striped top and a blue necklace or a black and white one haven't made mind yest and my peep toe flats.most of the time i don't mix patterns but it works in this outfit

by sydstar1999 on 8/17/2012 8:46:38 AM

I'm wearing either my gray skinnies or a pair of shorts, either a tank top or a tee shirt, my BONGO gray sweatshirt, a pair of black flats or Converse, GeoGirl Feather Mascara, and lip gloss! Yay!

by jrprodigy12 on 8/17/2012 1:15:20 AM

OK I know I just posted somehineg like this earlier, but I seriously need help. I'm going into 5th grade, and I have dark, long leg hair that I want to gt rid of. I'm at my Dad's house for the rest of the summer. Since I live with my mom, would it be less awkward to text her if I can start shaving when I get back to my mom's or ask her in person. If I ask her while I'm at my Dad's she can think. I can give her reasons. But I'm nervous! Or should I just suck it up and not start shaving my legs? And what should I text her? Help!

Hey girl! Wait 'til you're back at your mom's house- you want to be able to talk to her about it.  Do your research beforehand and come up with reasons why it would be good for you to shave your legs.  Don't be nervous- the worse thing she can say is no, and then you can ask her (politely) when a good time to start shaving would.  Every girl has to have this convo with her mom at some point, so don't worry about it! xoxo

Kate G.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/17/2012 1:03:14 AM

for me im wearing: new green polo, khaki shorts with bright blue belt, (maybe) my bright green shoes, (if i can find them, or my toms if i cant) thats it.

by loppyears12 on 8/16/2012 8:08:58 PM

I'm wearing a loose, white pocket tank, a jean jacket, a tie-dye skirt from Aeropostale, and black peep-toe ballet flats. I'm accessorizing with a coral flower headband, my teal watch, and a scarf. I'm so excited!

by AlwaysDreamer on 8/11/2012 8:30:37 AM

What am I suposed to wear on the first day because my school wears uniforms Monday-Thursday. We can only wear casual clothes on Friday or when we're allowed to.

by girlystuff121 on 4/19/2012 9:29:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD I wear a lot Of sweat pants and Their Boy pants too not girl sweat pants cause their soo comfortable but i feel like its me but i don't feel like i fit in cause all the other girls look so girly and lots of make up but i feel ugly in make up and i don't know why i feel like this and i just got this new boys Winged hat and i wanna wear it to school but i feel too much like a boy but i like it i just don't know if i'd fit in, It it bad for me to dress like a boy and i don't like girls either im fully straight but is it bad to wanna dress like a guy sometimes ??

Hey girl,

That's not weird at all -- the world is full of tomboys, and not every girl needs to wear makeup! Every girl has her own style, so wear what makes you feel your best (as long as it's appropriate for school!).

Meghan D.

by mozilla10 on 3/10/2012 11:20:49 AM

Mod!!!!!
I'm short, have a big chest (size D cup), big thighs and big stomach. So what would look good on me? Ps skinny jeans look ok on me but they make me look way shorter

Hey! You should invest in some cute A-line shifts, short skirts, blouses with a gently curved waistline, single button jackets, wrap shirts and dresses, pants that flare at the leg, and long fitted shirts or sweaters. Good luck!

Helen S.

by Girlygirl0906 on 3/9/2012 6:48:13 PM

Hey minaxoxo, anything would look cute on you. Sweaters, skinny jeans, dresses with tights would look really nice. Hope this helps!'xoxo

MOD MOD! (I'm new and not sure how this works, but...)
I had a small chest considering I'm only 13 (well I really turn 13 tomorrow, so whatever) and a medium sized but, a really tiny waist, long legs, i guess broad shoulders. What are the best outfit to wear when i got i got back from winter break? thanks Smile Lynae P.

by Minaxoxo on 1/7/2012 8:22:30 PM

Mod Mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im very heavy(not proud of it) im round at the stomach my thighs are a little big.but my legs are long. what shouod i wear?

Hey girlie,

You sound like you have a pear+apple shaped body! To best dress those body shapes, you should try wearing V neck tops, belts or wrap dresses that highlight your waist, earrings and necklaces to draw attention to your shoulder/head area, straight and slightly flared skirts, shirts that are kept untucked, tailored blazers, tops with embellishments like ruffles or wide sheer sleeves, and straight leg jeans Smile
Lauren C.

by ims on 12/2/2011 9:14:50 PM

MOD!
I have a larger chest, but my hips are so SMALL, and my legs are long and skinny. I'm rocking a new style this year too, and that would be a rebel princess. Are there any ideas for me?

Hey girlie,

Try shorter skirts with rockin' details (black jewelry, silver metallics, prints like plaid or tiny skulls, etc.) on top! That's perf for your body type and will also showcase your new style. A-line skirts can also add a little bit of femininity to an otherwise hard or "rebellious" look. (And it'll give you volume around your bottom!) You could also try silky materials on top with skinnies and black boots on the bottom Smile
Lauren C.

by BeautyQueen10 on 10/20/2011 11:54:45 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod!!-
I spent the last 4 years saving up for a 5,000 dollar tiffany necklace that when me and my mom where shopping there fund but my mom wn't buy me anything there that's over 3,000 so I saved up 2,000 dollars and the necklace is gone but theres one even cuter and the same price but later that day we where looking at coach purses and I saw a super cute purse the same price as the necklace! And my mom has the same rule for surses so which shuld I buy?

Which one do you really want? That's what you need to ask yourself ;)

Brittany G. Brittany G.

by volleyballlovergirlie on 10/11/2011 10:34:23 PM

I just started a free dress school, and I was SO excited for the first day! I wore this blue and brown tank top that was a v-neck and had ruffles going down it. I wore a brown tee under it, and a cute brown skirt from forver 21, with sandals!

by LAS625 on 10/8/2011 10:14:34 PM

MOD
I'm a pretty curvy girl, but I have a very long torso and short legs D: Are there any good style tips for my body type?

Hey honey! If you want to elongate your legs, bottoms that are longer in length, like maxi skirts and this season's trend, flared trousers can instantly add a few inches to your legs. Wearing heels (the same color as your pants/skirt) will of course make you look taller as well. If you have a long torso perhaps you can opt for shorter shirts like cropped tops instead of tunic-styled tops. This should do the trick to balance you out.

Amalia E.

by Pearlia on 10/5/2011 1:25:52 AM

The first and second to last one!

by iluvmusic♥ on 10/1/2011 12:01:54 AM

What I wore on the first day of school was a cute white and purple striped shirt with a white lace pocket from Decree. Then, I am wearing some distressed short jeans from, well, I forget the brand. LOL!!! Anyways, then I'm wearing some cool sneakers from Vans. So, that's about it! It was sooooo cute. (:

by FashionistaFreak on 9/24/2011 6:38:59 PM

I LOVE the last outfit!

by smilesforyou on 9/16/2011 11:22:17 AM

Ok so I am just starting public school and I have NO CLUE what to wear. I am freaking out so please can anyone help me!? URGENT

by alessiacookie101 on 9/7/2011 2:07:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I am trying to make someone else the prez of one of my clubs. But I don't know how to! Help!

Hey girl,

Read our Clubs FAQ for how to transfer ownership of a club!
Lauren C.

by Bieberfever616 on 9/4/2011 8:59:23 AM

I'm wearing a dark red babydoll top from Aeropostale, with a lacy white camoisle underneath (it goes really low), skinnyjeans, black ballet flats, dark red headband, and a bracelet and necklace

by irishdancer202 on 9/3/2011 9:56:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
My first day of school is in a few days. I have a few outfit choices.
Option 1: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-By-Land-or-by-Seersucker-Dress
Option 2: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-Halcyon-Breeze-Dress
Option 3: http://www.modcloth.com/Modcloth/Womens/Dresses/-French-Pop-Songs-Dress
I want to look good! Any suggested accessories?

You can't go wrong with bangles, a simple necklace and simple earrings Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Smileygirl86 on 9/3/2011 8:53:17 AM

I am going to a football game and the teams colors are black and orange and I want to wear my combat boots but i can't think of something that would be cute but still be warm enough for at night. Any suggestions?

Try combat books with black leggings and an oversized orange shirt or sweater! If you don't have that (orange is a pretty rare color), try wearing jeans, a fitted black tee, and a light jacket over that Smile
Lauren C.

by kendall7007 on 9/1/2011 10:33:38 PM

If anyone needs advice, feel free 2 visit my profile!! Thanx! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by laxlover98 on 9/1/2011 12:12:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!I asked my BFF and sent her pics since we don't live near each other (I moved) and now I don't know. I think It's a little "over the top". I'm thinking of wearing a white ruffled front shirt with a dark green cardigan type jacket. Then kinda like a dark wash pair of jeans and flats. I'm going to wear jewelry and everything but I don't know if it's over the top.

I think that sounds fine! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by cupcake901244 on 8/31/2011 9:45:16 PM

MODMODMOD
how can i get bohemian waves over night?
i do not use heat products on my hair because i don't like
the way it leaves my hair all dry and icky
i am wearing my hair like this on my first day of school which is sept 1 so if you could answer this question ASAP that would be great!
xoxo sail

Wet your hair and braid it. When you wake the next morning, un-braid and voila!

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sailaway11 on 8/30/2011 7:28:21 PM

Do you watch So You Think You Can Dance, the popular T.V. show that showcases talents of dancers across the country? Are you totally in love with it? Join the SYTYCD Fan Club and share your thoughts on the dancers, judges, and anything related to dance. Visit my profile to get the deets!

Smile

by Cailin2006 on 8/30/2011 2:19:52 PM

-- The moderators can get reaaaaaaally busy with everything going on at this site (have you ever gotten a stock message saying they're currently busy and can't reply to your question?) So if you need advice, you can ask me Smile Hopefully this will help the mods a bit..--

Hey everyone Smile If you need to talk, I'm listening. Whether it's school, fashion, family, friends, (I'm cool with other topics too) I'll provide you with advice that comes from the most reliable source which you can trust- experience! So feel free to ask about anything, because advice for you could also help others in their daily lives. And yeah, it's true; no question is too weird/strange/awkward, haha. Things like that happen sometimes, but I've found that it's best to learn from my experiences, and enjoy life Smile

by foreverme! on 8/30/2011 3:14:16 AM

I'm probably going to wear a nautical themed white and blue tank top, with a hoodie if it's a bit cooler in the morning, and probably skinny jeans Smile
MOD,
you guys should consider featuring some Garage jeans in your articles! They're pretty good quality, although they can be a bit more expensive.. 35 to 40.. But there are always sales! I like how their jeans have polyester, to help the jeans keep their shape.. But I still don't have a pair even though I've tried on so many.. I have too many jeans already haha. But my friend has so many pairs of their jeans and jeggings. She loves them. Haha I'm so jealous..

Thanks for the suggestion!! Smile
Lauren C.

by foreverme! on 8/29/2011 10:51:49 PM

I'm wearing a pair of distressed skinny jeans, a cute circus tee, and my old converse Chuck Taylors.

by smiling4ever14 on 8/29/2011 5:28:54 PM

im wearing a pair of cut-off jean shorts, brown v-neck shirt from xxi and my new blue plaid airwalk low tops.

by volleyballbabe19 on 8/28/2011 1:47:36 PM

I wore a graphic purple V-neck (with a cute panda on it), along with black leggings, jean short-shorts, gray short boots and a light necklace. So cute!

by Brianaluvsempanadas on 8/27/2011 10:22:52 PM

Pink lace cami, Tan off the shoulder sweater, Rolled jean shorts, and those ballet flats shown above Smile and my hair platinum straightened

by zoogs97 on 8/26/2011 9:33:29 PM

just thought i'd add my bts first day outfit to the list.
"pink shorts,edgy black boots,gray tank top layered with a flowy seamless sleeve black tee and a leather jacket." and don't get me started on the school open house outfit.Smile

by glamour26 on 8/26/2011 8:03:51 PM

I'm wearing whatever's in my closet Smile

by delisioso on 8/26/2011 7:31:57 PM

What should i wear for a bts top? I am prob. going to wear the ae shorts u have in thispost (got em a while ago) what'd go with it? It's going to b warm! MOD MOD MDO MOD MOD MODMOd

Cute shorts, totally GL approved Smile Try pairing them with a ruffled tank top like the one in the pic - you could always put a thin cardigan over top just in case your school is air conditioned! Or try a trapeze-style top - it's relaxed, a lil summery, and perfectly pretty.
Lauren C.

by Karasinski on 8/26/2011 5:10:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm an hour glass figure, kinda curvy, and my legs are really long. i've been wearing skinny jeans, and i love them, but i recently started not liking how they make me look wide because i have "a dancers theighs" meaning im really muscled. what types of jeans could i wear to make my legs look less chubby, while staying tighter at least around the butt? thanks

Hey girl, try looking for a different fit around the ankles. You might like a straight leg or boot cut shape because they aren't as tight at the bottom. You could even try a flare leg. Shop around and try different style to see which ones you like!

Tory N.

by risadancer on 8/26/2011 1:03:55 PM

Purple Aeropostale graphic tee, Old Navy skinny jeans, Claire's flip flops, and an Old Navy floral headband.

by AlwaysDreamer on 8/25/2011 8:03:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Ok so for bts i really wanna straighten my hair! I have before and it looks super cute! Problem is, I don't have a straightner, and if i did, me or my mom don't know how to use one Frown Is there any other way that'll keep it straight all day? Or even wavy? I have curly drk. brown hair that is to my shoulders, It's not tight curls, but not wavy either. If u have any other styles for curls I'd like that too! Thanks!

Hey girlie, if you want wavy hair you could use a curling iron. Using a straightener is simple and you can buy one for relatively cheap at a drugstore.
Lauren T.

by Karasinski on 8/25/2011 5:32:11 PM

I'm wearing a ruffley tank top, black blazer and shorts, nothing special... Smile

by geniuschick123 on 8/25/2011 3:31:04 PM

I'm wearing a striped shirt with a cute skirt and leggings.

by eeeeeee on 8/25/2011 11:08:15 AM

for my first day back i'm going to wear a plain orange shirt, knee length capris, my new sneakers,my favorite earrings that my friend made for me, and this really cute necklace!

by roxibaby420 on 8/24/2011 4:23:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD Is there any way to make the end of my eyelashes dark (The roots are dark but the tips are blonde) without using mascara? My mom won't let me wear mascara

Hey girl, Some girls get their eyelashes professionally tinted- its not very expensive and lasts for a few weeks, giving the effect of mascara. Maybe you mom will let you try that!

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by clairebear694 on 8/24/2011 11:42:25 AM

MOD MOD MODMOD!!!
Ok so does this sound cute for bts, ok so I have those AE shorts and would an oatmeal colored sweater (has short sleeves) and a cute necklace, watch and bracelets look good? Also with some tawny colored shoes that look a little like moccasins. Or would a plaid shirt and cute navy tank look good, with some navy sandals?

Hey girl, they both sound adorable! Wear whatever you feel more comfortable in.

xoxo Tory

Jess D.

by Karasinski on 8/24/2011 9:55:34 AM

i don't know what to wear on the first day of skool! i hve decided my top (a cute purple floral blouse wid a thin brown braided belt) but wat shud i wear on da bottom?? skinny jeans wid cute metalic ballet flats or shorts wid flip flops? HELP! oh and what shud i wear to open house? in need help ASAP!

Hey girl! Either sounds cute! Wear whatever you think would be more comfortable on the first day.

xoxo Tory

Jess D.

by fashiondiva4 on 8/24/2011 9:06:21 AM

by fashiondiva4 on 8/24/2011 9:05:42 AM

Mod mod mod I am a plus sized I dont know what to wear,that looks cute on me help

Hey girl, try clothes that accentuate your waist, are more flowy and play up your curves!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Boobooberg on 8/23/2011 11:26:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD ! What should I put in my gym cosmetic bag? It's about the size of my hand and it's pink, I have lotion deoderant and a mini hair bursh... what else???

Hey babe! If you wear makeup you might want to bring a little foundation or something. Other than that, maybe a mini bar of soap in case you sweat a lot. xoxo
Jess W.

by orangey98 on 8/23/2011 4:43:56 PM

I Have Gym On My First Day So I'm Wearing My Dark Jean Shorts A Tee And Sneaks And My Hair In A Pony

by alakoj on 8/23/2011 4:20:07 PM

Here's another BTS shopping tip: clothes are getting more and more expensive these days!! So, try a consignment shop instead (like Plato's Closet... look it up now!). Brand name tops, dresses, and jeans for a fraction of how much it's actually worth? It's the greatest!! Sure, the things may have been worn by other people, but you can easily throw it in the washer and make it your own! (:

by pag53 on 8/23/2011 4:05:35 PM

im not sure what to wear on the first day of school! i have decided my top ( a cute purple floral blouse with a thin brown braided belt)but i don't no wat to wear on the bottom! skinny jeans wid cute ballet flats or shorts wid flip flops? HELP!

by fashiondiva4 on 8/23/2011 1:26:51 PM

mod!
what should i wear on my first day if i have a strict dress code? i have to wear a collared shirt all the time and can't wear anything denim. any tips?

Hey doll, try a cute vest over your collared shirt or a fun, bright statement necklace. I'm also loving big bow headbands for BTS.

Jess D.

by mickeymack1 on 8/23/2011 12:39:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
So I go back to school tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm gonna wear besides jean shorts since its still sooooooo hot! what do you think I should wear? I'm super tall and alittle chubby and I have shoulder length blonde hair. thanks soooooo much! Smile

How about a cute tee or tank and some flips or flats?

Brittany T.

by jellybean1998 on 8/23/2011 11:34:09 AM

I start school tomorrow! i think i'm wearing this really cute slouchy 3/4 sleeve purple top from american eagle with destroyed skinny jeans and metallic gray flats and maaaybe a white or a gray scarf. Or a necklace. Still so undecided. UGH!! Tong

by pinkandlime on 8/23/2011 10:43:10 AM

I always love these first day of school posts close to the end of August! It's not very helpful for people like me who start the first week or so of August

by TeamPotter on 8/23/2011 9:46:17 AM

mod what is it you do when your not answering our questions on here

Hey babe! Mods do all sorts of things, from writing articles for the site to helping the GL editors with special projects. And we have our own lives, too, ya know!

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:59:28 AM

mod
my parent basically hides anything decent towrite with from me so I have to use barely sharpened penicils and pens that barely write and stuff bcuz she freaks out if i ruin a writing utensil worth writing with (chew on, lose etc)would crayons be legible enough to use for my homeschool work im tired of dull pencils and messed up pens

Hey babe. Why can't you sharpen the pencils or grab an inexpensive box of pens at an office supply store? Pencils and cheap pens are pretty standard school (or homeschool) fare. I would stay away from crayons. They aren't terribly legible and look a little immature.

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:58:46 AM

mod mod mod i had to take care of others before i was even old enough to take care of myelf and on top of that ill always be 3-4 years younger mentally I'm not ready to grow up but I have no choice

Aww, babe, that stinks!

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:55:37 AM

mod mod mod
1.im the only semi-unchooler or any type of homeschooler at the boys and girls club does that mean its not for me
2. i cant find my favorite shirt ): my mom and I have looked everywhere I can't believe i lost it
3. I rly dont wanna do a curriculem homeschooling but my mom n i r scared the lady at the school board workers office will make us cuz shes annoying and stuff even though its not a law can u stop one of those programs once u start it

Just because nobody else you know homeschools doesn't mean it's the wrong choice for you. And unfortunately, when it comes to homeschool technicalities, I don't know all the specifics. You might want to check with someone else at the school board, or a homeschooling organization to see what your options are.

Brittany T.

by BlackVeilBridesGurl on 8/23/2011 8:28:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
dairy isnt that good for my stomach but i always eat it without really caring even though i know i should be, how do i avoid it? thanks!

Dairy is all around you, babe. You can only avoid it if you choose not to eat or drink it. Try to find substitutes for your favorite things, like milk and ice cream, and alternatives for other munchies you tend to eat a lot. Once you get into the habit of not eating dairy, it won't be a big deal at all.

Brittany T.

by qwerty66 on 8/23/2011 2:46:50 AM

Im really really into fashion and want to get into modeling buisness. People always say I should do it, im really pretty, ect. . So how do I get into it? I know there are modeling scouts and agencies but are there any that your positive arent a scam and that I can trust if I sent them some pictures? thanks so much for your help!! XOXO

Hey girlie,

The main rule is NEVER trust a company that asks you to pay money upfront. Real modeling agencies will never ask that of you. Instead of listening to random "scouts" at the mall who call you pretty and try to scam your fam into paying money to them, try getting your parents on board. See if they have any friends whose children have pursued modeling, or even ask your school's guidance office, a local hair/beauty salon, or theater for advice/contacts. Reach out to everyone and don't be afraid to give someone a call to ask for their help and advice. It's important to network, aka talk to as many people in/around the business as possible so they can help you through it. As long as you're dedicated, stay patient, and work hard, you'll achieve your goals Smile
Lauren C.

by octobergirl on 8/22/2011 10:27:36 PM

Mod mod mod mod mod
I am wearing a black t-shirt under a printed black and cream-ish colored tank for the first day of school. I have some aryia brand jean shorts, and my flip flops are brown (guys, because I can find my size in womens, (12)). I was just wondering what are some ideas for makeup? Oh, and I use eyeshadow as eyeliner (just applying it with the side of the eyeshadow brush) but it doesnt stay all day and becomes uneven. Do you know how to make it stop doing that, or any tips to help? Thanks! (:
Sorry, just one more thing...what would be a good color for my nails (toes and fingers?) I have greenish blue, pink, orange, lime green, gold, blue confetti, and silver sparkles. Thanks again Smile

Hey girl,

This outfit sounds super cute. For your nail polish, try a light color to brighten your outfit a lil bit. Blue confetti, pink, or greenish blue would be my picks! As for your makeup, try applying a thin layer of moisturizer on your face - even your eyelids (but be careful, don't get it in your eyes). Then apply your makeup. It helps keep powder more in place throughout the day! Just keep it simple for the first day of school - eyeshadow as eyeliner, maybe a coat of mascara, and a dash of lip gloss. It'll take no time to get ready in the morning and it'll make ya feel your best!
Lauren C.

by bball+music=life on 8/22/2011 8:32:35 PM

i think im gonna wear a romper i got from hollister with gladiators and a cardigan cause of the dress code Smile

by Maddyrox92 on 8/22/2011 6:30:18 PM

In the most recent GL mag, the September accessories page gave me SO many ideas on how to glam up my uniform!

by RaceTiger7 on 8/22/2011 5:11:08 PM

Im wearing a Black Floral Tank with Purple Skinny Jeans, Orange Bowling Shoes, and thousands of Sparkly bracelets!
This : http://www.polyvore.com/school_outfit/set?id=35992721

by CupcakeKiller on 8/22/2011 4:50:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! What should I wear for bts first day? I have the ae shorts in this article so what should i wear with? I ordered a belt for around mny waist and it's reversable black and white. For shirts I have alot of hollister, aero, etc.. Also I was thinking A navy lace edge tank, with a purple, blue, and navy plaid button front that i tie really cutely and some navy summer flats....what do you think?

Hey girl, that sounds cute! Go for it!

xoxo Tory

Tory N.

by Karasinski on 8/22/2011 3:44:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD! So I asked my mom about back to school shopping but she says that since the weather isn't changing I don't need new clothes. I love my clothes but... most of my tops are the same ones I have had for years and I feel embarrassed wearing them all the time. What can I say to my mom to change her mind?

Hey girl! If your mom said no, maybe offer to pay for some of it if you want new clothes. Or try new things with your old ones, like belting a shirt or layering a few tanks. They will look as good as new!

xoxo tory

Tory N.

by funkypink on 8/22/2011 1:24:51 PM

does someone want to give me advice? im planning on wearing this cute tank top that is like a light beige and it says show of ur spots with a cute cat on it. thatll go with a black cardigan and maybe a charm braclet. the shoes are simple ballet flats with a bow. so tell me, should i wear leggings (the shirt is long enough), light wash skinny jeans or my dark wash boot cut jeans?????

by 86cutie on 8/22/2011 12:16:32 PM

MOD!!! MOD!!! MOD!!! I have a jean dilemma..... i love the look of skinny jeans but since i've been competitively dancing and playing soccer for 8 years i have really muscular, athletic theighs that look really fat in skinny jeans. How can i get the skinny jean look without making my theighs look fat? and are there diffrent styles of skinny jeans that would make my theighs look skinnier? thanks Dance4ever_89

Hey girl, a good way to show off your athletic legs might be a straight leg or boot cut jean. You could also try jeggings. Don't be afriaid to try on new types of jeans at the store to get the look you want!

xoxo tory

Tory N.

by dance4ever_89 on 8/22/2011 11:25:18 AM

I love the polo idea... simple and cute... luv it!!!

by kakes6416 on 8/22/2011 11:12:47 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!! ASAP
Picture Day is in a couple of days and I don't know what to wear! I was thinking about wearing a pink white flowery tank under a jean jacket. What shorts/jeans would go with that? What else would be cute for a 7th grade picture day?
Also, I need help on what to wear on the first day of school. Thank you soooo much!!! <3

Hey girl, its a good idea to wear something basic for picture day, so when you get the picture all the attention and focus is on your face! You can wear any type of pants with a jean jacket, sometimes mixing jeans is a cool look!

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by soccer_rox8 on 8/22/2011 10:17:33 AM

im going all out and crazy the first day of school Smile a 3/4 sleeve shirt, a navy scoop neck on top, a skirt (the kind you can pull up) ankle leggings, and black and blue vans Laughing

by ilikecakeandstuff on 8/22/2011 10:14:45 AM

modmodmodmod
im just wondering, are stripes "in" this school year or something? cuz when i went shopping yesterday...there were a lot of stripes
k thanx (this question might sound stupid)

Hey girl, We've been seeing stripes everywhere too! Looks like its one of the back to school trends this year!

xoxo tory

Jess D.

by ilikecakeandstuff on 8/22/2011 10:12:19 AM

im gonna wear washed out green shorts, a v neck black and white striped from delias (a little big, so fashinably loose) tucked into my shorts, a red pink white beaded necklace and my floral flats. Probably with a cute bow headband Smile

by juicyfruit101 on 8/22/2011 10:11:59 AM

Go Becca! I love the wildcats!

by TeamPotter on 8/22/2011 9:48:03 AM

I'm wearing something that fits my personality... a white tee with a grey rose-decaled cardigan, a jean skirt, leggings if it's cold, and grey boots or flats.

by 18marras on 8/22/2011 9:26:24 AM

school for me start on wednesday and i'm very alternitive so i'm wearing a red corset like cami i made and blue short jean shorts with stripped thigh highs and black combat boots

by sushi90 on 8/22/2011 9:23:06 AM

I'm wearing a short floral dress with leggings and flip flops. I like all of your ideas also!

by sweetooth on 8/22/2011 9:18:17 AM

I love this! I am gonna wear a really pretty flowy tank top (its 3 fingers wide! Tong), black skinny jeans or jean shorts depending on the weather, a bracelet from delias, and earrings from claires. As for shoes, I will probably wear flip flops if i can't get new flats cuz mine dont fit me

by siaeme12 on 8/22/2011 9:16:51 AM

I am wearing a cute short to over a tank top pull one sleeve to the short top down you you can see the tank strap Skinney jeans and converse boots

by HotPink202 on 8/22/2011 7:42:48 AM

Why buy a new outfit on the first day of school?Just wear some thing like it was a normal day. Whats so special about the first one???

by Gravy2332 on 8/22/2011 7:33:42 AM

navy blue t-shirt with white stripes and straight jeans with my owl necklace and so-cute sandals.

by Moira1999 on 8/22/2011 7:07:55 AM

I'm wearing a big, flowy (yet still somehow form-flattering) white shirt with a rose stenciled on the front, dark wash boot-cut jeans, and my classic green converse.

by fudgemonkey on 8/22/2011 7:02:43 AM

i think you can not go wrong with skinny jeans and a tee shirt with your style (like ur fave shirt or watever) just some thing that says you

by biebersnumber1 on 8/22/2011 4:02:35 AM

I'm not exactly sure yet... probably skinny jeans, a cute t-shirt, converse, jewelry, and a bit of makeup, like I wear every day. In my mind, the point is to make a first impression of who you are all the time, not just the first day. But I might wear some flats or add a cool vest for the occasion :]

by katie10marie96 on 8/22/2011 12:43:45 AM

A blue and black botton up a black lace cami denim short and some black and some black sandals.

by Zsamya on 8/21/2011 11:52:02 PM

I'm pretty much wearing what Dani is wearing, a V-Neck T-Shirt, Skinny Jeans, and Converse. I wanna wear a beanie but I can't find anyone in the house that matches at the moment.

At least I'm not the only one going back to school in casual clothes.

by NJessicaN on 8/21/2011 10:33:13 PM

COOL ARTICLE!!!(: Super duper cool! Love it!(:

by purpleorchid on 8/21/2011 10:21:04 PM

Im wearing and grey, white and black striped shirt with this black jacket thing, but its short sleeves and really long, with jean shorts and my silvery black converse.

by elizabethmariexo on 8/21/2011 10:19:33 PM

School logo shirt, and a pair of skinny jeans! the first week, I always wear old clothes....then when everyone runs out of cute new outfits after a week, I step up my game and wear cute stuff so that I stand outSmile)) worked for me for yearsLaughing

by angelatotomia on 8/21/2011 9:24:48 PM

Im wearing a pink and gray stripped top paired with dark skinny jeans and my pink converse. And a multi chain necklace from Aeropostale.! Suuper cutttee(:

by babygirl1265 on 8/21/2011 8:54:52 PM

i wore a blue crop top skinny jeans so cute shoes i found at payless not sure what their called and a necklace i made

by PolkaDots1999 on 8/21/2011 8:43:58 PM

I'm wearing an off white crop shirt that has a big sequin heart on the front (the sequins are just the ontline) with one of those fitted skirts, purple with silver sandals. Or i might just wear a sundress with a cute belt with gold sandals.idk what to choose!! Laughing

by smileygirl513 on 8/21/2011 8:37:15 PM

I am wearing a causal dress, that's light grey on the top, then at high chest, its navy blue with little purple blue and green flowers, (From Gap) And a Black blazer from Aeropostle, ( Without the Sweatshirt Hoodie Part) And Silver Leather cutout Sandels, also from Aeropostle and just a silver flower chunky braclent. It sounds like a-lot, but it is Super CUTE!

by buzzingbee on 8/21/2011 8:20:48 PM

OMYGOSH! I wrote "skinny jeans, sparkly converse and a comfy-but-cute T-shirt.” – Dani S., 15" I've never been in a GL Article before! YAY! '.'!

by dramasistah23 on 8/21/2011 7:27:36 PM

black skinny jeans, bright coral tank top, and a teal and grey tank top

by soccer043 on 8/21/2011 7:01:37 PM

Madisons outfit sounds so adorable!

by Deedles1621 on 8/21/2011 7:01:08 PM

Well since I already went back to school over a week ago I'll teel what I decided to wear. I wore a really cute v-neck vintage apt.9 tee and a really cute pair of rewind cut off shorts with some jelly band bracelets and 3 coats of mascara with some concealer made get some fantastic comments. I would def recomend girls with thick hair to wear their hair in a messy bun with a blue or red head band if they have brown hair. And accesories wise a chain necklace looks great on white and grey shirts and bottoms might find a cute pair of short sorts that are stonewashed or ripped. Cowgirl boots look good with short shorts.

by HaloAngel99 on 8/21/2011 6:53:08 PM

i have to wear a uniform -_-

by qtpie42 on 8/21/2011 6:45:31 PM

I'm wearing a delias oversized off one shoulder top,cutoffs,hoops,and i dont know about shoes.Does this sound cute?Or should I wear a hollister top,B.T.W i'm starting seventh grade.

by moonbunny6 on 8/21/2011 6:25:27 PM

Well, I have uniform so I'll be rockin' the halls in khaki shorts that go down to my knee , a polo, and some tennis shoes. You guys are lucky that you can rock jeans because I can't becuz of uniform and my school is NOT air condtioned, it's HOT.

by colorqueen101 on 8/21/2011 6:05:24 PM

i bought dark wash super skinny jeans, a white tank to go under a navy blue, periwinkle and white striped sweater crop top. then, since i don't know my schedule yet, my puma sneaks. Smile

by twilight*gurl on 8/21/2011 5:57:09 PM

im wearing a turquoise tank with a gray cardi and a striped body con skirt and these really cute boots that have a little heel!!

by OMG123 on 8/21/2011 5:50:14 PM

I'm wearing a cardigan, a lace rose colored shirt, distressed shorts, and flats!

by Piedpiper on 8/21/2011 5:38:09 PM

i have to wear a uniform and we're not allowed to wear makeup or any jewelry except little stud earrings.

by tswiftluver13 on 8/21/2011 5:33:14 PM

School starts tomorrow and i will be rocking the halls with skinny jeans and a cute flowy top. Let's not forget the converse! Smile

by Beachsidegirl on 8/21/2011 5:30:35 PM

WE arent allowed to wear shorts shorter than to our knee... so no more cut offs. Frown

by basketball7 on 8/21/2011 5:20:24 PM

I have a uniform but I'm wearing a white button down and khaki bermudas with leopard oxfords an by purse that i have yet to find! If anyone knows where to find a cute purple purse please tell mee!!!

by paperclip79023 on 8/21/2011 4:53:58 PM

I'm guessing a lot of people are wearing skinny jeans.

by jennal923 on 8/21/2011 4:45:14 PM

I wore jean shorts,a plaid dressy top from kohls,black wedges,and an adorable necklace!!
Good luck to all u gurlies starting school!!

by baconlvr711 on 8/21/2011 4:34:31 PM

Whatever happens, I'm going to attempt to match my outfit with my geometric print Coach sneakers, which isn't easy, since they are the wildest shoes I've ever owned.

by sunstrottle101 on 8/21/2011 4:03:49 PM

my school starts tomorrow and im gonna wear a black 3/4 sleeve shirt white capris and flats

by iamawesome2 on 8/21/2011 3:48:39 PM

I have two first days, (technically 3, but one happened already, and it was for an online class, so I think I did my homework either in pajamas or while I was running around getting ready to go somewhere, lol.) I have no idea what I'm wearing to either of them. One of my first days is my first day of on-campus college classes, and I'm 16, so I'll most likely be the youngest person there. And the other is my first day for my homeschool co-op. I have a high-waisted skirt I made that I may wear to one of them, tho, because its incredibly cute. And, if i ever finish it, I may wear this t-shirt I'm embroidering for the other first day.

by rockinlishy on 8/21/2011 3:41:31 PM

i dont no wat 2 wear on da first day of skool! i hve decided my top ( a cute purple floral blouse wid a thin brown belt) but i dont no wat 2 wear on da bottom! skinny jeans wid super cute ballet flats or shorts wid flipp flops?? HELP!

by fashiondiva4 on 8/21/2011 3:36:35 PM

I'm wearing a rue21 t-shirt with flare jeans, flip flops, and this cubic zirconium (fake diamonds) cross necklace

by ktgurl1201 on 8/21/2011 3:23:20 PM

School for me starts on the 25th... I guess I could wear my purple converse, jeggings, and I have to buy a new shirt I guess and I also should buy myself some flats.

by mia847 on 8/21/2011 3:07:01 PM

Ha!Everyone remembers what I wear because every thing that I wear is so out-there, and I always get a comment on it. It's like Lady Gaga wearing the same wacky dress twice- it's just wrong! I never wear the same shirt twice in a school year. (unless I really like it) On the first day I think I'm going to wear a brownish flowery peasant blouse with dark washed flare jeans and curl my hair for a total 70s vibe.

by luvlautner1999 on 8/21/2011 2:58:38 PM

on the 1st day(last Monday) i wore skinny jeans a cropped off the shoulder love top w/ a purple racer back tank top and converse

by liv*laff*luv on 8/21/2011 2:37:48 PM

I dont know what I'm going to wear! School starts tomorrow, so I should probably work on that...

by goaliegirl18 on 8/21/2011 2:31:24 PM

school starts the 29th for me and im going to wear either jeans or black capris, an orange tunic tank, a red pink and orange plaid shirt, a heart necklace, and silver hoops

by singingintherain on 8/21/2011 2:26:06 PM

I'm wearing this really cute shirt from Nordstrom BP that's all different shades of blue like ombre kind of and its really pretty and drapey and then I'm wearing these cute distressed cropped jeans from AE. My school's dress code is depressing :/

by fireworks1071 on 8/21/2011 2:12:53 PM

im wearing boyfriend jeans and a white top with lace shoulders (:

by jjinhc on 8/21/2011 2:09:46 PM

why do my comments never show???????????

by mapleblondie98 on 8/21/2011 2:01:56 PM

i'll be wearing a floral top jeggings and sparkly ballet flats Smile

by em&em14 on 8/21/2011 1:34:46 PM

I wore a flowy floral Abercrombie and Fitch tank with a ruffled Hollister cardigan on top. Cute!!

by jennntheswimmer on 8/21/2011 1:30:59 PM

School starts Tuesday!!! I am wearing a dark blue floral skirt from Abercrombie, a maroon tank, flip flops, jewelry, and my hair loosely curled with a ribbon!Smile (my birthday is the second day of school!)

by annersbananers on 8/21/2011 1:29:37 PM

skool starts on thurs for me.
i have 2 wear my uniform. its only a half day.
anyone else have 2 wear a uniform?

comment on my profile, check out my clubs & advice pg!!

by briblue3 on 8/21/2011 1:23:30 PM

Hey chicas,If you need advice on anything really I'm here 4 u!I answer questions on topics from boys to hair styles to drawing and much more!!!!!no question is too embarrassing or humiliating so come on down to my advice queen page and you wont be dissapointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by artistchic99 on 8/21/2011 1:16:40 PM

A big navy blue off the shoulder sweater, skinny jeans rolled into capris, and silver gladiator sandals

by xxcheerxxforxxlifexx on 8/21/2011 1:14:35 PM

blue floral tight on top floral tank, white crochet cardigan, distressed short jean shorts, floral diamond bracelket, white lace beanie, silver hoops, silver flats, and thats it

by 4202_luver on 8/21/2011 12:53:21 PM

Tomorrow school starts!!!!! Im wearing jeggings,a grey tanks top with a blue elboe length cartigan thing with my sperrys. New school!!!! Middle school!!!!!

by foodiejr99 on 8/21/2011 11:58:51 AM

I'll be wearing a flowy yellow top and my brand new American Eagle bootcut jeans...found 'em at a thrift store for 5 dollars!! and my fave black flats! Laughing

by peace&luv09 on 8/21/2011 11:48:48 AM

I plan on wearing a cute sundress foe my first day.

by Catlover26 on 8/21/2011 11:32:48 AM

I wore some really cute jeans, a brown cami, and a navy, tan, magenta, and white delia's cardigan. I also wore my black sparkly toms!!! It looked really cute. We started school on Wednesday.

by mollyra on 8/21/2011 10:55:26 AM

OMG Madison J.'s outfit sounds GORGEOUS!
I have a uniform and school already started Tong

by LuvYaBunches on 8/21/2011 9:30:05 AM