AN HOUR AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

2 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

3 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

COMMENTS

Is your caf getting healthier?

Or is it worth it just to stick with brown bags?

my school has a few healthy options, like low fat milk, fresh fruit, and an occasional salad bar, but like 90% of the choices on ala cart are junk like chips and ice cream. Baked chips, but chips nonetheless. Plus the main entree is almost always something greasy and completely unhealthy looking. They recently even started serving a double-decker cold cut sandwich that adds twice the calories to the originally somewhat nutritious sub. Last year I barely ever ate more than a low fat yogurt or some carrots at lunch, and I'm now resorting to packing.

by bandgeek97 on 9/4/2011 6:33:28 PM

@ my school the head chef is from the culinary institute of america Smile my old school tho was pretty healthy and all the food was fresh too!

by cheerkat22 on 8/29/2011 7:01:20 AM

My school serves pizza, which sometimes I can wipe off the bread like it's sauce, chips with beans and some kind of meat, soggy pink chicken "burgers" they are plain, soggy burritos (what they put in them is a mystery after 3 years), spagehtti that is sometimes just hard overcooked noodles meat and no sauce, soggy chicken nuggets and fries (sometimes beans), the corn and fruit is pretty good sometimes, canned green beans that are soggy and burnt, the salad is pretty good, and hard on the edges and soggy in the middle "grilled" cheeses, and last but not least all they have to drink is milk, which is sometimes warm and rotten... hope u gys hadn't eaten b4 readin this!!!

TeeHee ;)

by MaxRide15 on 8/26/2011 10:01:22 PM

Some schools in the country are probably getting healthier. The grilled cheese is like a butter and cheese at my school. And mystery meat-yup. I wish my school would serve healthy meals. Oh well, the brown bag lunch to me, is healthier.

by Neoncat on 8/26/2011 9:14:21 PM

MODMODMOD
k so a few days ago i got braces. and school is starting soon, how do i make my braces look nice??

Hey girl, the best thing you can do to keep your braces looking nice is to bring a mini toothbrush and floss set and brush/floss after lunch. That'll make sure you don't have any food in your teeth, and you can flash your pearly whites without worry! xox

Jess D.

by hermionelover on 8/25/2011 1:44:10 PM

My school has tons of healthy options, but they also have tons of unhealtht options, and fries are served with every meal !

by eeeeeee on 8/25/2011 11:15:49 AM

My school got a salad bar this year Laughing

by 1han44 on 8/23/2011 9:53:41 PM

mod mod mod
I am applying for a job and have to turn in the application tomorrow. I really need a reference and i was going to ask my teacher/ school store supervisor. I dont have time to email her to ask her by tomorrow so i was gonna put her on my resume anyway and email to let her know. Do you think thats okay? i don't mean to sound consisted but i know that besides my older sisters i am best in class. Been there the longest. So is it bad to use someone as a reference without asking...or just without letting them know?

Alyssa B.

by wednesday1408 on 8/23/2011 8:30:52 PM

im in 9th grade now and at my high school we have really good food and its all healthy, and the salad bar has may choices and is always fresh.the way the food taste depends on the cookers. also we have sorta an ala-cart outside where we go once we finish eating lunch, everything is $1. but if your school has questionable meals, i'd suggest brining ur own lunch.

by Prep4Life on 8/23/2011 8:16:12 PM

MODMODMOD
k so i just (like 5 minutes ago) got braces, and school starts on the sixth. and i really want my braces to look nice, how do i do that????

Alyssa B.