3 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

4 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

5 HOURS AGO Are you a loyal friend? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/jGdkLjNp6t

COMMENTS

Your 10 best BTS survival secrets

We asked the experts—YOU!—to share their best rule-the-school secrets...

I need help. I have a lot of issues with making friends. I have moved a lot and people just don't fully except me into their group. Even when I make friends, they already have their group and they don't talk to me I just follow the group so Idon't look stupid and alone. I want friends but no one will give me the chance ever. This year, all my classes have the same girls in them and they don't have conversations with me. Please help, I've done everything I know to do.

by RainbowFairy on 1/4/2012 10:25:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD This year I am in high school and i have to take gym class with the rest of the high school students I feel so uncomfortable what do i do to make myself feel more comfortable?

Hey girlfriend, I feel ya, I hated gym too. I found that I dealt with it better by having a positive attitude. If you go in dreading every class, your class will be awful. But if you think positive, you'll have a better time. Hope this helps ya!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by soccerpal5 on 9/7/2011 8:03:27 PM

Melissa's advice is so true!

by flower62 on 9/4/2011 10:54:02 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD
ok so I start high school on tuesday and i'm 10000000% sure i'm gonna get lost. i think almost everyone else knows their way around the school pretty well already, but since this is only my 2nd year in this district, i don't. i have a map and i could probably find my way around ok but i'm so afraid of walking into the wrong class or coming in late. i know a lot of freshmen will probably be doing that too but it's still really embarrassing for me. help?

Hey girl,

You're right - a lot of freshmen are having the exact same concerns right now! The first couple days will feel like a confusing blur, and you'll have to keep that map glued to your hand. But once you get your routine down every day and you settle into your new school, you'll get the hang of it. More times than not, school layouts are WAY less confusing than they seem at first glance, so trying to find a strategy based on studying the map (i.e. first floor rooms start with the number 1; the second floor is a square; the third floor is the math and science floor, etc.) could be really helpful! Try to remember that you're new and you're not expected to get it right away. Ask for directions from teachers or older students - and always remember to relax Smile
Lauren C.

by helloimkelly on 9/3/2011 10:20:16 PM

I totally agree. High school is DEFINITELY not like the movies.

by hippiechick96 on 9/3/2011 10:13:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD...Ok so I'm upset...My two besties are in the same class together without me.I am super afraid they will become closer and leave me out.I have a couple friwnds in my class,but they are nothing compared to my BFFs.At my school they mentioned that we might be switching classes next quarter.Should i have my mom talk to guidence to see if i can be in class with at least one of them?? Pleezz help!!!??

Hey girl,

You could, but personally this makes me want to tell you NOOO. Don't have mom place a special call just so you can get your way. That not only appears spoiled and annoying to the guidance office staff (and they might not even be able to accommodate you - imagine if they took special requests from every single student), but it shows that you aren't strong enough to make it through school on your own - and I know you are!!!! Use this opportunity to get to know your other classmates, become closer to the friends you do have, and use your social skills to stay strong friends with your besties. You can chat with them after school when you grab a snack or do your homework together, you can hang out on the weekends, and you can always give them a call. You'll have to do more work - calling them and organizing hangouts instead of waiting for it to happen on its own, perhaps - but you can have best friends and new experiences... the best of both worlds!
Lauren C.

by mint.chocolate.chip on 9/3/2011 9:24:13 PM

so i'm going to high school and i wont know anyone there could you tell me how i could start a convo and some possible convo topics

Hey chica!

One of the best things about high school is how easy it is to meet new people.  You'll have tons in common with the people in your classes, especially when you get grouped up for projects.  Try joining a club or a sports team to meet even more.

For topics, you can always ask what they're answering for a certain question, what school they're from, how they like a certain teacher, how they're doing a certain project, etc.

It's easy when you've got school in common! Good luck!
Jordan S.

by snicker on 8/31/2011 4:57:17 PM

MODMODMOD!
I have no idea what to wear tomorrow for the first day of school. They had to cancel orientation so I'll be starting with all the big kids!!! What do I do? And how do I make friends. I'm going into middle school. I tell everyone I'm cool about it, but I'm not!!!

Chillax, chica! Since your entire grade's in this situation, everyone's going to be nervous and want to make new friends!  Don't be scared to introduce yourself to other girls who seem friendly - try complimenting them (no one can resist a compliment!) or asking them how they spent their summer! As for your first day outfit, try pairing something old (like your favorite jeans) with something new you got this summer (like a t-shirt you and your BFF scored at the flea market, or the bracelet your mom bought you on vacation). Don't sweat it - tomorrow's going to be awesome! <3, Devin
Devin A.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/30/2011 10:29:10 AM

-- The moderators can get reaaaaaaally busy with everything going on at this site (have you ever gotten a stock message saying they're currently busy and can't reply to your question?) So if you need advice, you can ask me Smile Hopefully this will help the mods a bit..--
Hey everyone Smile If you need to talk, I'm listening. Whether it's school, fashion, family, friends, (I'm cool with other topics too) I'll provide you with advice that comes from the most reliable source which you can trust- experience! So feel free to ask about anything, because advice for you could also help others in their daily lives. And yeah, it's true; no question is too weird/strange/awkward, haha. Things like that happen sometimes, but I've found that it's best to learn from my experiences, and enjoy life Smile Devin A.

by foreverme! on 8/30/2011 3:13:42 AM