1 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

2 HOURS AGO Cute 'n' quick bun styles to try this weekend: http://t.co/dIFvlC8c4i

3 HOURS AGO Show off YOUR fab sense of style by designing a #stuckatprom dress with @theduckbrand! Click here for more deets: http://t.co/tvp0u6bvXh

COMMENTS

Your 10 best BTS survival secrets

We asked the experts—YOU!—to share their best rule-the-school secrets...

I need help. I have a lot of issues with making friends. I have moved a lot and people just don't fully except me into their group. Even when I make friends, they already have their group and they don't talk to me I just follow the group so Idon't look stupid and alone. I want friends but no one will give me the chance ever. This year, all my classes have the same girls in them and they don't have conversations with me. Please help, I've done everything I know to do.

by RainbowFairy on 1/4/2012 10:25:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD This year I am in high school and i have to take gym class with the rest of the high school students I feel so uncomfortable what do i do to make myself feel more comfortable?

Hey girlfriend, I feel ya, I hated gym too. I found that I dealt with it better by having a positive attitude. If you go in dreading every class, your class will be awful. But if you think positive, you'll have a better time. Hope this helps ya!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by soccerpal5 on 9/7/2011 8:03:27 PM

Melissa's advice is so true!

by flower62 on 9/4/2011 10:54:02 PM

MOD*MOD*MOD*MOD
ok so I start high school on tuesday and i'm 10000000% sure i'm gonna get lost. i think almost everyone else knows their way around the school pretty well already, but since this is only my 2nd year in this district, i don't. i have a map and i could probably find my way around ok but i'm so afraid of walking into the wrong class or coming in late. i know a lot of freshmen will probably be doing that too but it's still really embarrassing for me. help?

Hey girl,

You're right - a lot of freshmen are having the exact same concerns right now! The first couple days will feel like a confusing blur, and you'll have to keep that map glued to your hand. But once you get your routine down every day and you settle into your new school, you'll get the hang of it. More times than not, school layouts are WAY less confusing than they seem at first glance, so trying to find a strategy based on studying the map (i.e. first floor rooms start with the number 1; the second floor is a square; the third floor is the math and science floor, etc.) could be really helpful! Try to remember that you're new and you're not expected to get it right away. Ask for directions from teachers or older students - and always remember to relax Smile
Lauren C.

by helloimkelly on 9/3/2011 10:20:16 PM

I totally agree. High school is DEFINITELY not like the movies.

by hippiechick96 on 9/3/2011 10:13:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD...Ok so I'm upset...My two besties are in the same class together without me.I am super afraid they will become closer and leave me out.I have a couple friwnds in my class,but they are nothing compared to my BFFs.At my school they mentioned that we might be switching classes next quarter.Should i have my mom talk to guidence to see if i can be in class with at least one of them?? Pleezz help!!!??

Hey girl,

You could, but personally this makes me want to tell you NOOO. Don't have mom place a special call just so you can get your way. That not only appears spoiled and annoying to the guidance office staff (and they might not even be able to accommodate you - imagine if they took special requests from every single student), but it shows that you aren't strong enough to make it through school on your own - and I know you are!!!! Use this opportunity to get to know your other classmates, become closer to the friends you do have, and use your social skills to stay strong friends with your besties. You can chat with them after school when you grab a snack or do your homework together, you can hang out on the weekends, and you can always give them a call. You'll have to do more work - calling them and organizing hangouts instead of waiting for it to happen on its own, perhaps - but you can have best friends and new experiences... the best of both worlds!
Lauren C.

by mint.chocolate.chip on 9/3/2011 9:24:13 PM

so i'm going to high school and i wont know anyone there could you tell me how i could start a convo and some possible convo topics

Hey chica!

One of the best things about high school is how easy it is to meet new people.  You'll have tons in common with the people in your classes, especially when you get grouped up for projects.  Try joining a club or a sports team to meet even more.

For topics, you can always ask what they're answering for a certain question, what school they're from, how they like a certain teacher, how they're doing a certain project, etc.

It's easy when you've got school in common! Good luck!
Jordan S.

by snicker on 8/31/2011 4:57:17 PM

MODMODMOD!
I have no idea what to wear tomorrow for the first day of school. They had to cancel orientation so I'll be starting with all the big kids!!! What do I do? And how do I make friends. I'm going into middle school. I tell everyone I'm cool about it, but I'm not!!!

Chillax, chica! Since your entire grade's in this situation, everyone's going to be nervous and want to make new friends!  Don't be scared to introduce yourself to other girls who seem friendly - try complimenting them (no one can resist a compliment!) or asking them how they spent their summer! As for your first day outfit, try pairing something old (like your favorite jeans) with something new you got this summer (like a t-shirt you and your BFF scored at the flea market, or the bracelet your mom bought you on vacation). Don't sweat it - tomorrow's going to be awesome! <3, Devin
Devin A.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/30/2011 10:29:10 AM

-- The moderators can get reaaaaaaally busy with everything going on at this site (have you ever gotten a stock message saying they're currently busy and can't reply to your question?) So if you need advice, you can ask me Smile Hopefully this will help the mods a bit..--
Hey everyone Smile If you need to talk, I'm listening. Whether it's school, fashion, family, friends, (I'm cool with other topics too) I'll provide you with advice that comes from the most reliable source which you can trust- experience! So feel free to ask about anything, because advice for you could also help others in their daily lives. And yeah, it's true; no question is too weird/strange/awkward, haha. Things like that happen sometimes, but I've found that it's best to learn from my experiences, and enjoy life Smile Devin A.

by foreverme! on 8/30/2011 3:13:42 AM

by foreverme! on 8/30/2011 3:08:47 AM

MOD~
During the summer I was happy and having fun, but as soon as school started my head has been hurting and i feel stressed out. It's only the first day of school and I'm not sure how to survive the rest of the year. ANy ideas on relieving stress? Thanks!

Hey girl,

I usually feel the most stressed when I'm thinking about all the stuff I have to do, but not actually doing anything to clear it off my plate. So first off, write up a "to do" list and get all the deadlines/assignments out of your brain. You could even map out the entire semester on a calendar/planner if that helps you. Then, break it down by the day. What do you have to worry about TODAY? Then work on that. It helps to break it down into more manageable pieces - it doesn't let you stress because you know you'll get to it all Smile
Lauren C.

by nwagirl on 8/29/2011 7:53:14 PM

greattttttt advice! Thnx GL!

by orangey98 on 8/29/2011 7:28:08 PM

mod
just so you know, in the video tab thing at the top, you spelt it McCreedy. and its scotty McCreery. haha

Haha, oops! We can't change it at night because we're not in the office, but that was a good catch, girl!
Lauren C.

by munchkin112096 on 8/26/2011 8:28:30 PM

thanks for picking mine <333

by katie10marie96 on 8/26/2011 3:08:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD okay so i go to a catholic school, and we have "cluster" dances with other local catholic schools. so they are veryyyy casual, but u still wanna look cute. so the basic bottoms are shorts or jeans. heres my question: it gets VERY hot in the dances because theres so many people and your moving around. for shirts, you have to have sleeves. i was wondering, what type of top do u think i should wear to keepp cool? i dont really like wearing super formfitting tops, because i get like "sweat-splotches" blechh! do u think something like a dolman top would be good? ideas please! thanksSmile

Hey girl, a flowy top would look cute! You could belt it to give you some figure. Or you could try a babydoll cut, which is a little tighter on top, but flowy on the bottom. They shouldn't show your sweat!

Tory N.

by josoccer5 on 8/26/2011 1:29:50 PM

Thanks for using my comment Smile

by spacekitty on 8/26/2011 12:54:17 PM

MODMODMOD So one of my friends asked if I wanted to sit at a co-ed table, and I do, but one of my friends would be LIVID if I did that...and wouldn't be my friend anymore. What should I do? Thanks ;)

Hey girl, if you want to sit at a co-ed table, go for it! Talk to your friend beforehand and explain why you want to sit there. Maybe she will understand. You could even try inviting her along!

Tory N.

by spazyjazy99 on 8/26/2011 10:02:25 AM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/25/2011 10:03:29 PM

2day was my first day! im in all but 2 classes w/one of my friends! locker wont shut Frown i have 2 gym classes this semester (twice a day every other day) Frown im trying 2 get tht changed lol

check out my profile adivce pg & clubs!
plz check out "Club Writers"!!!! if u dont, u will regret it Smile

by briblue3 on 8/25/2011 2:37:03 PM

Haha the last one is the best. It's so true.

by mgrxoxo808 on 8/25/2011 2:25:01 PM

<3 Jess D.

by yesterdayskoolaid1 on 8/25/2011 1:56:15 PM

MOD!!!!!!MOD!!!!!MOD!!!!!!!!!!I know this sounds stupid,but i need new underwear,and im afraid/scared to ask my dad for some,cause he recently bought me some but they weren't good,(and i have no mom) please help me ASAP!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, try asking your dad if you can go to the store together, and if you can pick out your own undies. If that won't work, see if he'll give you a bit of money to go shopping with a close friend and her mom, and pick out new undies with them! Don't be scared. Buying underwear is something everyone does! xox

Jess D.

by yesterdayskoolaid1 on 8/25/2011 1:55:09 PM

so im going in to high skool and i am super scared do yu have any tips on how to get through the first day?

Hey doll, don't be scared! Check out this post on first-day freakouts, and how to fix 'em: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/17/First-day-freak-out-fix-its.aspx Good luck!

Jess D.

by snicker on 8/25/2011 12:35:40 PM

mod mod mod I was wondering, what is considered a large boob size? I have a 36B chest and could and should probably wear a 36C. I feel like I have a medium chest but I don't know. Thanks,
A.L.

It's all relative, babe. If you want to find out if you should be a 36B or a 36C, you should go get measured professionally at a lingerie store or a department store.

Brittany T.

by pandagirl12 on 8/25/2011 11:39:40 AM

@lemontwist12- I totally agree with you! Smile

by nerdisthewurd26 on 8/25/2011 7:32:05 AM

Today is my second day of school and I'm still SUPER nervous! I don't understand why but I can't eat breakfest because of my nerves! Can I eat anything in the morning that won't upset my stomach and keep me going with energy throughout the day?

Hey babe! That depends totally on you. Try experimenting with different things--eggs vs. cereal vs. granola bars, for example, to see if you can tolerate different types of food. And once you get used to going to school again, I think you'll find that you calm down in the mornings and will be able to eat breakfast again.

Brittany T.

by rellim on 8/25/2011 7:00:15 AM

I'M SO THIRSTY!!!!!!! sorry its trueTong
(thats me pantingSmile

by rosierosie on 8/24/2011 10:27:55 PM

Why would you want to ask people to borrow their things when you don't need it..I find it annoying when people ask for supplies. It means they're not prepared and irresponsible. Instead, bring something up like "I was wondering if you've seen the harry potter movie since you had a poster of it in your locker" or something like that Smile

by lemontwist213 on 8/24/2011 9:51:37 PM

I agree that high school is nothing like the movies (: they make it seem a lot more intimidating than it is.

by michipie205 on 8/24/2011 7:18:20 PM

There's this girl and I that've had bad blood for a while. I've been done with her for about 6 months now. however, she slept over at one of our mutual friend's house, and obtained her email password without my friend's knowledge, and is using it to sent emails every hour, (today it was 22 emails), starting at 12:49 AM. So I can only assume she was doing this during class. it's the same email, and it's not offensive, so that's good. but she won't own up to sending these emails. I mean, who else could it be?? Thanks a ton

hey! you should confront her about this directly, so see if you have all your facts right. this seems fishy to me.
Helen S.

by svds on 8/24/2011 6:18:27 PM

what do you do when the perfect batch of cookies comes out of the oven, and they're so melt-in-your-mouth that before you know it, you've eaten 5??! how do u make up for that?? Thanks!!

hey! don't worry about it, as long as you don't do that every day you'll be fine Smile
Helen S.

by svds on 8/24/2011 6:11:02 PM

great advice

by PolkaDots1999 on 8/24/2011 6:02:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
ok so i really don't like any of the guys in my grade,cause i know them to well and they are all just idiots. so i like this hot guy who's in 8th grade(im in 7th) and he is from los vegas! how cool! but i really don't know him. but my friends are telling me to ask him out or ask for his number or to ask him to the dance...which is this friday! i really think he is cute,and i want to get to know him,but its hard since he is a gade above me and has nooo idea who i am.
what should i do???
please help!! thanks!!

Hey! check this out:

Helen S.

by Alykat18 on 8/24/2011 5:37:27 PM

Mod,
this guy who goes to my school messaged my friend and called her an and all kinds of things, then a few days ago he messaged me saying i was ugly and weird and stuff. I tried to ignore it, but i mean it stung. She says we should print out the conversations from facebook and take them to the principal. I want to, but in a way I feel like i'm making a big deal out of nothing, but in a way i feel the opposite...what should I do? :/

hey! what he did was inappropriate, but you should communicate with him first. In a public setting make it clear to him that if he does this again to you or anyone else you will take it to the principal. Let him know you mean business and you should be fine. if he keeps it up make good on your promise. good luck!
Helen S.

by pinkandlime on 8/24/2011 5:06:10 PM

Good tips!

by caligirl99 on 8/24/2011 4:20:32 PM

I like the "ask people for supplies excuse" =)

by filaluvva on 8/24/2011 4:15:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD i know that lying is wrong but what if ur at a friends house and they ask u 2 sleepover but u know that u already have plans with another friend the next day. is a little white lie ok then? like just saying that u have a dentist appointment or something? i never know what to do in that situation cuz i dont want 2 make them feel like im choosing one over the other. thanks (:

Hey girl, it is just easier to tell the truth. You can say that you already made plans and thats it. If you made plans with another friend first, the other girl will understand.

Tory N.

by lazer!beam!22 on 8/24/2011 4:09:47 PM

Some of those are funny! (:

GOOD ADVICE!

by soccer babe <3 on 8/24/2011 4:01:45 PM

mod mod mod I'm pretty shy around guys and I don't mind being shy around them. I like it. I want to be mysterious that way. I have no problems flirting with guys, it's just hard sometimes because guys don't talk to me. I shouldn't say that, I mean they do, in class, but not in the halls. It's weird. I've had people think me and some guys are dating, when were not. Why do they act like my friend in class and ignore me in the halls?

Hey girl, boys can be super confusing sometimes. Try saying hi to them first in the halls and see how they react! They might be just waiting for you.

Tory N.

by pandagirl12 on 8/24/2011 4:01:16 PM

Today was my first day bak to skool, nd it was great! especially since I was there only from 8-10 am

by oceanlover69 on 8/24/2011 3:55:23 PM

2nd Poster? Probably not.

by beththebrave on 8/24/2011 3:50:44 PM

NICE!

by RaceTiger7 on 8/24/2011 3:35:23 PM

High skool is NOT like the movies!!!
True dat!

by big time rush on 8/24/2011 3:17:11 PM

i totally agree w/ Melissa G! CONFIDENCE IS KEY!!! also if ur feeling down talk to a bestie or (better yet) ur crush! itll totally cheer u up! promise! <3

by sparklysydafrid on 8/24/2011 3:12:30 PM

good to kno!

by kristadakota on 8/24/2011 2:31:17 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD! My parents enrolled me into an after school program because my math marks were not as great and I absolutely do not like it at all. It is not because I'm lazy but I'm worried it is going to take lots of time once school is back in session. I'm going into the ninth grade and of what I've heard from previous ninth graders, they said that your schedule will become filled up very fast. I am going to be busy as it is. I have already signed up for sports and clubs in my school. The after school program requires me to do daily worksheets (even on holiday)no extensions at all. We are also a little tight on money right now and the after school program is a little bit pricey. How can I get out of this after school program and prove to my parents that my math marks will go up this year?

Hey girl, its really important to keep up your grades! If you really don't want to take the class, talk about compromising with your parents. Maybe they will give you a little time to show you can get your math grades up, and if you do, they won't make you take the class.

xoxo Tory