AN HOUR AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

2 HOURS AGO So you wanna start shaving? Here's how to talk to your 'rents about it: http://t.co/87ujES5HS2

3 HOURS AGO Sleep easy: 5 tips to kick your night owl habits for good: http://t.co/xh0ax2dZEE

COMMENTS

Keep your cool during tryouts

Whether you’re trying out for cheer squad or the fall play, we’ve got three killer tips to help you knock out nerves…

I know this is an old article, but the key is to just relax. If you appear calm and in control AND SMILE, you are fine. Just practice and smile. It doesn't matter how expirienced you are either. I haven't ever done cheer in my life, but I am captain of my squad. Just remember to relax, smile, and have fun.

by cheerfulcheer on 7/3/2012 10:12:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
HEY ok so i guess you won't get this soon enough (because this article is pretty old) but i really need your help. I do public speaking at my school and tomorrow is my tornament. I'm really nervous because last year i did amazing (6 first places throughout the season!) but now i feel like everyone is expecting me to do just as good. I'm scared because I don't think i'll do as well but i don't know how to say it to them. Thanks sooooo much. Please try to reply! Smile

Dont worry! Thats so impressive you got that far. I wouldnt fret about everyone expecting a ton out of you. You sound amazing ans just do what youre good at and I'm sure youll be fine. Focus on your skills and doing your best and let the expectations fade away. No one will be disappointed in you no matter what you do. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by sunshinestar106 on 11/18/2011 5:44:15 PM

Don't feel intimidated, just because they're older. My friend is in grade 9 and plays starting line up on the school field hockey team, while some of the grade 12s are bench warmers. Just do your best!

by kgirlpanda on 10/7/2011 6:21:50 PM

immediately !! Okay so i stayed home from school today bc i had some MAJOR legs cramps (they're still there) and tomorrow is our first football game of the season !! I know the dance for half time really well since i went to camp. But they're adding new moves and stunts to it that i don't know and i'm missing practice today ! I don't wanna sit out bc i LOVE that dance and i'm a flyer ! What should i do ?? I was thinking about asking my neighbor (my teams "manager") what it is but i'm afraid i'm not gonna learn it in time !! Help !):

Hey chica! I think you should only participate if your legs are feeling better. Don't force that type of activity on your body if it will only worsen the cramps. If you feel better, definitely try to get together with another cheer mate and have her teach you the moves. If you feel like you won't learn the moves in time, then see if you can do the moves you do know well, then sit out for the rest of the dance.

Amalia E.

by lilgymnast11 on 9/14/2011 11:14:21 AM

MOD MOD MOD !!! What should I put in my school cosmetic bag? I already have deodorant, lip balm, a hair brush and I'm planning on adding perfume! You know, like a little cosmetic bag for gym and make up touch up. But what else do i need? School starts tomorrow!

Hey girl,

That's a great start! Personally, I would add a few hair ties, bobby pins, and mascara if you normally wear it. And then you'll be set!

And PLEASE do not repost your question as many times as you did. Once is enough - we will see it! Smile
Lauren C.

by orangey98 on 8/29/2011 7:29:30 PM

I'm in middle school and I have step team tryouts this Monday and since I've been stepping since 5th grade it's really easy but I still get nervous sometimes when performances come and when I have auditions. These tips helped a lot and now I'm actually really excited for Monday.

by MegaNinjaLuv on 8/27/2011 4:59:50 PM

hey are you a cheerleader??? if you are pls join my club CHEERLEADER'S CLUB!! we will talk about anything and evrything cheering!!

by pink and purple girl on 8/27/2011 3:53:20 PM

I just had high school cheer tryouts too. I lost my cool so many times but i kept trying and i didnt stop and i made it Smile

by mirandaeb on 8/26/2011 11:11:06 AM

i have volleyball tryouts soon... i feel the same way cuz i haven't been playing very long

by jjinhc on 8/26/2011 7:48:25 AM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************