6 HOURS AGO Real talk—my room was clean... then I needed a shirt: http://t.co/zfG1nfcONo

9 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

10 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

COMMENTS

What happens if I dont develop at the right time?

I'm worried that my body is falling behind...

I am 12 and 4ft 9 ish and my friend is about the same and she has had her period is it becaus i am skinnier that i havent had mine yet and should i be worried . Also i have all the signs apart from discharge so am i near to it or still far?!

Hey girlie, you shouldn't be worried about not having your period. Discharge usually comes before your period so you'll need to get that first. It happens for everyone at different times, so just because your friend has gotten hers doesn't mean that you're behind.

Lauren T.

by Sophie_2501 on 6/9/2013 6:47:14 PM

im 12 5ft 5 in 145lbs why wont my breasts grow im a 36 a

by kshay49053 on 3/7/2012 5:42:15 PM

i got my first period a year later then my mom got her first. so you won't necessarily be like ur mom. : )

by iloveballet&singing on 3/4/2012 10:12:37 AM

i'm 12
i have no boobs(flast chested)
all my friends have periods.
I dont understand why some girls want their period so badly. My friends are always complaining and even though i feel bad for them and sooooooo glad Im not them. People need to be like me and not want periods unstead of begging for them!

by candycharms on 2/3/2012 4:28:59 PM

hey you are not aloneSmile im in 8th grade i havent yet started my period im 4'9'' and 14. i have size 32 a bra so its like you read my mind Smile

by lalaluv on 10/5/2011 11:19:06 PM

It's totally fine, and there is no "right time" for it. My friend's mom just started her period when she was 16 1/2. She also just started in a kids bra then. So don't worry, everything will pan out.

by marinebio101 on 10/3/2011 2:16:50 PM

all of my friends have gotton their periods and i feel left out and my mom said she got hers early whats wrong with me?

by amaye on 9/15/2011 8:07:14 PM

i haven't gotton my period yet but i have so much discharge i have it every day and i feel so weird about it gets stuck and my under wear so i feel like i need to wear a liner but think it would be too weird what should i do.

by amaye on 9/15/2011 8:06:10 PM

dude stop worrying its ok i freaked out too and thought i would never get my peroid but guess what it happened so ta da stop worrng and enjoy the time u have b4 u get it cause all it is is a bunch of not fun stuff

by banana3912 on 9/6/2011 2:47:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
Okay, so last friday night, I went swimming with my family, but I couldn't find a bikini top. I decided to just wear one of those water shirts (the ones that keep you warm if you go swimming at the beach) and it worked out just fine. But when I got out of the pool, the shirt was really cold and hurt the tips of my nipples. Now, ever since then, it looks like I have a small scab over the tips of my nipples and whenever I'm cold, they don't do that reflex when they get perky. Is this bad? How can I cure it? Please, please help!!!!!!

Try going to see your doctor--until then, keep friction to a minimum

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by Phoenix In Flight on 9/3/2011 11:45:11 AM

MOD
I'm 14 and I've had my period for almost a year now. I'm pretty tall and skinny, but I still have no breasts ! There are a few other girls at my school just as skinny as me, but yet, they all have boobs, what's taking mine so long ??? Is it possible that they won't grow anymore, at all ?? I'm going to barely fit in a size A my whhoollle life. ;/

Youll grow. Dont worry. The may just take some time. Patience! Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by nat97 on 9/2/2011 6:07:01 PM

SAME HERE FOR ME GIRL! Except I'm 5 foot 4 and HAVE my period. I'm only a 34A and I'm starting to worry that I'll always be tiny... Frown

by GoneWithTheWind on 9/2/2011 6:55:24 AM

mod mod mod!!!!
um i have had discharge for like a year now but today i have had so much its really weird. should i be worried about it? or is it normal???

Not unless it smells fishy, is frothy, or green/yellow in color

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by sdaisy98 on 8/30/2011 2:41:33 PM

wow i'm just like this girl there except that i'm really tall too Smile

by fallsb-ball on 8/29/2011 10:15:17 PM

man I'm just like this girl. I'm the same age as well. But one thing that is different I haven't even got a bust yet lol. I never usually worry about it but sometimes it does cross my mind what this girl is asking. I'm glad I read this!

by Chloe<3 on 8/29/2011 9:59:04 PM

Hey girls, join the ROCKIN' WRITERS a club for those who can't stop writing outstanding stories and want to share ideas for novels, poems, short stories, thrilling plots, and outrageous characters.
I still need a VP*SECRETARY*TREASURER

Trust me this is going to be a club like no other!

by melanie D. on 8/29/2011 9:30:30 PM

MOD: MOD: MOD: MOD:
My first day of school is tomorrow! im sort of nervous what are things i can do to help put myself at ease!?

Hey girlie,

Just remember that everyone is a lil nervous and excited for the first day! Set out everything tonight that you'll need tomorrow - your backpack, your outfit, your hairbrush and makeup, etc. Then tomorrow morning you won't be rushing around all crazy. Knowing you're prepared, you can enjoy thinking about your new teachers, meeting new people in your classes, even cracking open that new notebook and taking your first page of notes. It's really exciting - have a great day!
Lauren C.

by FairyKari on 8/29/2011 8:38:35 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! So I am completely positive that I have social anxiety disorder. I have all the symptoms and really badly. It is really getting to my social life and trying to function everyday is getting harder. I love school but during class i am beyond a nervous wreck. Even walking up to put a paper on the teacher desk gets me all worked up and I get nervous and blotchy (blushing) and all of it. Im scared everyone is looking at me or I walk weird that I am doing something that will make kids not like me. And I am tired of this taking over my life. And I really need help. I don't know how to tell my parents. I am afraid they are going to say that I am over exaggerating. Which I am not. And I don't know how I should tell them or when. Or what I should do at all. I am doing research but I am really scared. so please help MOD.
~Thanks

Hey girl,

I know this sounds silly, but writing a letter to them will really help. Be totally mature and understanding about it - set it up by saying that you understand it's normal to get nervous sometimes, and even that it's normal to feel like all eyes are on you sometimes. But explain to them what it's doing to your life - that you really can't deal because it all just feels too overwhelming. Tell them how it's affecting your everyday life. And tell them what kind of help you're looking for - if you want to talk to someone, if you want tips on living with it, whatever it is. Try to be crystal clear about the issues and finish the letter with, "I wouldn't bring this problem to you if I didn't think it was serious. I'm really worried it's going to get worse and harder for me to deal - and I really need your help." Be sincere. They love ya babe, keep telling them until they do something about it <3
Lauren C.

by 14lowem on 8/29/2011 8:19:24 PM

@star53 I totally agree with you. Everyone is unique and so we're not all going to get our periods at age 12 or have boobs [ever]. Sometimes it's tough or even awkward to see you friends develop at different paces, but you just gotta accept that we're all different so it's ok! (:
Hey girls! Whether you’re obsessed with makeup or puzzled about fashion, this is the club for you. My club Beauty Queens is the best place for fashion and beauty advice and tips! You can talk about anything from clothing and makeup to health and self-confidence, because inner beauty is important too! I also post beauty quotes, surveys, and tutorials, and I’m open to suggestions!
Also check out beautiful babes bootcamp- a club devoted to making you look great inside and outside!!! It’s loaded with great tips about fitness, health, fashion, and makeup. Check it out today!
<3 <3 <3 thecupcakequeen

by thecupcakequeen on 8/29/2011 8:07:33 PM

every person is different so everyone has there own right time to start developing everything.

by star53 on 8/29/2011 6:17:12 PM

I cook dinner every night for me and my bro (things like meatloaf, steak and potatoes, curry,) but im running out of things to cook, do you have and healthy ideas? THX!

Hey babe,

Here are some of my fave GL recipes...they're making me hungry just gathering them up for ya!! Yum!

Mango Chutney Chicken Salad (pair with a green salad or some green beans/carrots)

Lauren C.

by cutiecayley333 on 8/29/2011 4:37:54 PM

What you are talking about makes its difficult sometimes to have certain friends because we can all be at different stages. Some friends may not even be going through the major puberty stuff and some of us ready for doing and trying new things because of our hormones and body changes. The biggest is with bfs and what some of us do and dont do with them. Based on what I am doing it is probably, somewhere in the middle.

Try to enjoy where you are because things will be changing fast and you can never go back.

by luckykel on 8/29/2011 3:58:52 PM

I agree with thetruth, I know it's hard but try your best not to worry about it. Just eat a healthy diet and stuff and you'll develop at the right pace (:
<33 Mackenzie

by actress456 on 8/29/2011 2:00:12 PM

you sound a lot like my cousin she's 13 and she passes for a 10 year old and her younger brother looks like his age-- 11 btw

by tabbycat627 on 8/29/2011 12:08:29 PM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************

by facebooker1240 on 8/29/2011 10:48:35 AM

Don't worry about it and accept your body the way it is.

by thetruth on 8/29/2011 9:28:23 AM

*MOD*
Im 16,I'm 5ft 4inch and i way about.... pounds..Im considerably smaller than all the girls my age, I barely fill out a 34A bra and im worried that I will not grow anymore!Is it normal to be so small at my age?

Hey girl,

Promise, it's normal! I know it sounds like something mom or dad would say, but it's true - girls come in all different shapes and sizes. And chances are you're not totally done growing - you could grow more in the next few years! Still, if you're worried about your size and want to get a professional opinion, try asking your doctor. They can totally help ease your concerns <3

Lauren C.