1 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

1 HOURS AGO Me when I hear people talking trash about my favorite celeb #fangirl #5ever http://t.co/Ne18MXCILD

2 HOURS AGO Halloween movies that won't give you nightmares: http://t.co/VBmsR13nnW

COMMENTS

What stinks down south?

When I'm in class, "down there" starts to smell...

so I haven't had my period yet and don't know exactly what it is I know it happens down there but other than that i'm clueless. My doc said that my mom should talk to me about it but she hasn't and I don't want to ask her. Can you tell me what happens and why?

by vanillaskye on 8/31/2013 5:49:05 PM

hey girls please give me ideas for my new club

by pinkcat4305 on 7/11/2013 1:25:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD do u know any feminine wipes to help because i have that smell prob too and how can i ask for the or should i throw them in the cart

Hey girl! That article will give you all the info on how to deal. Here's the link again:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/08/26/What-stinks-down-south.aspx

xo

Julie H.

by pinkcat4305 on 7/11/2013 12:37:12 PM

My discharge doesn't come out and it's yellow.It also smells down there.

Hey girl. I would see a doctor and make sure everything's normal. Good luck! xx

Hannah M

by elle 415 on 6/26/2013 3:55:06 AM

Hey so i have been getting discharge for the last year. My boobs are at like stage 2 of growing. Sometimes when I get discharge, it hurts down there, ALOT. Why does it hurt? Im to embarrassed to tell mom. Is there anything I can do?

by jmcheer on 6/16/2013 5:35:21 PM

This is awkward but my discharge has been super bad lately! I'm wiping the correct way, and nothing else is wrong. It's so bad i'm using a lot of toilet paper just to get myself dry!

by sparkles909 on 6/15/2013 6:38:27 PM

Mod mod mod!
I have a LOT of discharge. When I use the bathroom during school and check my undies, it looks like I peed myself! Also in the middle of class i I can smell it really strong. I've used a liner and it helps a little, but I get this every day for the past year, and we can't afford to buy that many liners. Especially since I haven't got my period yet. Should I be worried?
Thanks so much! Sorry if it was too awkward!

Hey girl! You should try talking to your mom and maybe go to the doctor. This may be something that a medical professional can treat. xo

Caroline M.

by peacelove13 on 5/30/2013 3:55:33 PM

So this is really embarrassing but I gotta know.
"Down there' I have a lot of super long super dark hairs. They sorta like, um, mix and pull. My loose cotton under even hurts with it. My mom doesn't know. What should I do????

Hey girl! If you're worried, you should see your doctor, but pubic hair is pretty normal. If it's causing you pain, definitely go to the doctor. xx

Hannah M

by lil'beautylover27 on 5/29/2013 2:48:22 AM

Mod. I get white sticky thing in my panty sometimes, what is it? And, is it normal? Or not? 

Hey girl! That's just discharge, totally normal. If it bothers you, wear a light panty liner. xx

Hannah M

by ilovetaylorswiftyahaveaproblem? on 5/23/2013 12:21:29 PM

Kind of a Warning!

If you are going to let it air out down there, and I do, it just feels better to wear really loose pajama bottoms with no underwear. If you do that just be careful not to forget what you are wearing when friends come over especially guys. That happened to me and we started kidding around with each other and I am sure I showed more than I should have to one of the guys. I felt so embarrassed, now he is always very friendly to me when we see each other.

by fashionqn on 5/22/2013 9:09:41 PM

I have a few small black hairs near the end of my nose. They're not huge or anything but should I be worried?

by Jam jam:^) on 5/22/2013 1:25:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD Last week before I went to bed I couldn't sleep I had to pee non stop but, nothing really came out. I couldn't even leave the bathroom and it felt like I had to go again. Eventually somehow I was able to force myself to fall asleep. I woke up and everything was back to normal. What do you think was wrong? I know it's too late to go to the doctor now but, I'm just curious.

Hey izzybells, mhmm I'm not sure. Maybe just all the beverages you had that day were circulating in your system, making you feel like you had to go to the bathroom. If it happens again it may be beneficial to let someone know. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by izzybells on 5/21/2013 7:55:29 PM

Dear Mod
what is the right age to wear a bra ??

Hey girlie,

It is different for everyone, the right age is whenever you and your bod are ready. I would talk to your mom if you are unsure whether you need one--you could start with a training bra, but if your breasts are causing you pain it is probably time to start wearing one!

Meghan D.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 5/17/2013 9:15:18 PM

I thought that you get your period usually when you're about 100 LB but i am around 115LB and I still haven't gotten mine... is that normal

Hey pokerface16, everyone gets their period when the time is right regardless of age, height or weight. Yours is coming girl. Some chicas are late bloomers, no worries. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by pokerface16 on 5/17/2013 7:21:11 PM

Dear Mod
is yellow discharge is normal ?

Hey chacha_mochacha12, yup white and/or yellow discharge is completely normal. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by chacha_mochacha12 on 5/17/2013 6:56:09 PM

Dear Mod Smile
my school is really soon ( i dnt stduy in USA ) and am actually feel that my period is on the way and am kinda embarssing to ask my sis for period kit but i want to be brave what could i do ?????????????

Hey girl! I know it's very nerve-wracking, but this is the time of stuff that older sisters live for! They love being able to dispense advice about things they're more experienced in, like periods! I would definitely just bite the bullet and ask for a little help. If she isn't helpful, check back with GL! xx

Hannah M

by chacha_mochacha12 on 5/15/2013 8:11:15 PM

why no one answers my questions Cry

Ask a question, chickadee! xx

Hannah M

by chacha_mochacha12 on 5/15/2013 7:45:10 PM

I tried to use a tampon once but couldn't. :/ I followed the directions but was too scared to ask my mom because her boyfriend was here. I followed the directions on the box and everything!

by walkthemoon11 on 5/15/2013 5:16:26 PM

Can other people smell it?!?!?

by sammyy99 on 5/14/2013 7:08:57 PM

I still haven't gotten my period. I'm the only one left of my friends and almost the whole grade. Is there something wrong with me?

Nope! Theres nothing wrong with you. Everyone gets theirs at different times. It will come! Don't stress out about it. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Limeseashell on 5/14/2013 5:00:31 PM

Umm.. I'm on my period and home alone. My sister is on hers too I think and she left our tampon/pad stash Empty. I've tried calling her and my parents none of them are replying to me. What do I do? It's not even light either it's unsusually heavy today

Hey girlie,

If your parents aren't returning your calls, maybe you could ask a neighbor if you could borrow something or if they could drive you to the store. It might be a little embarrassing at first, but they'll totally understand (they're adults!) and be willing to help you out!

Meghan D.

by swifty#1 on 5/11/2013 11:23:39 PM

I've had this issue too! Definitely rinsing with warm water and avoiding perfumed products (like soaps) helped get rid of the smell! Also, you can try using liners so the smell doesn't stink up your pants too!

by cardinal22 on 5/11/2013 11:11:27 PM

Advice Queen:khaotickaitlin
I've pretty much been through it all... Don't hesitate to ask! I love helping people! Caroline M.

by khaotickaitlin on 5/8/2013 4:49:29 PM

It's coming from "down there"

This is a reply from your comment

by Savannah278 on 11/9/2012 9:38:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Hey(: I was sitting in class doing my home work and all the sudden i smell this smell I've already hit purbey for about 2 years and I never smelt it before! And the worst thing is my crush sits right beside of me!! I felt really bad! What if hey had smelled it!!! So I go home and I put this spray on and like 30 mins later I smell it again! I'm scared that hey might smell it??!!!?! What do I do? Awsner me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Savannah728, where was the smell coming from? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Savannah278 on 11/8/2012 9:21:16 PM

to donutluvers
I'm 10 and have discharge to. If you don't have pads, you can make one out of toilet or tissue paper by folding it into a pad shape. If really needed, lightly spray a sensitive perfume on the paper.

by chloe4137 on 6/20/2012 1:27:14 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by chloe4137 on 6/20/2012 1:16:02 PM

I have the same prob by sandra

by sandra 2 on 2/20/2012 9:09:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Help me! One time I was at school and I actually felt discharge come into my pants. Thats when I felt it run down my pants so i ran to the bathroom and I guess by the time I ran to the bathroom it evaporated because i pulled my pants down and i looked in my undies and all I was discharge. Am I sick or is it normal am I beginning my period? And Today there was a little blood spot in my undies so i just ignored it so is it my period or not I wanna know ASAP and after I saw that i have a dress on so I easily smelled the stink which idk where it came from. SO Super PlEASE Help me

I would put a pad on. You prob are gonna get your period soon and its better to be safe than sorry. Also i often have phantom wetness in my undies. Its very frustrating. So i would suggest you put a pad on to be sure youre ok. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by Prett Tee on 1/22/2012 6:56:57 PM

Dear Mod,
It's my second time getting my period, and the first time there was a heavy flow, but now there's almost nothing. My pad smalls a little bit funky, and the discharge is a little yellow. should i be worried?

Hey girl,

Irregular periods are normal, especially if it's only your second one, so I don't think you should be worried. But there's no harm in talking to your mom or a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.

by rbecca.stripe on 1/21/2012 10:49:06 AM

I had this problem and I thought it was like, an infection or something, but then I figured it out- it was just my pants. Tight jeans trap moisture and magnify the smell, and that's practically all I have. So, anyways, if you have this problem, try wearing looser jeans for a few days. Smile

by cdsteakrox on 10/3/2011 7:10:33 AM

Dear Mod,
I had a freak accident with a tampon and I lost my Hymen during it. I was wondering, do you think this should upset me? Since it's technically my virginty?

Hey girlie,

It's NOT technically your virginity, so rest easy! Losing your virginity isn't dependent on the hymen breaking - you are "technically" no longer a virgin once you have sexual intercourse for the first time. Your hymen can break in all sorts of ways, from tampons to bike riding to horseback riding to karate, so don't sweat it. Using tampons won't make you any less of a virgin! Smile
Lauren C.

by blueseastars13 on 9/22/2011 10:22:15 PM

to cabbagelover
the white stuff in your panties is discharge what you can do if you don't like the feel of it you can use a pantyliner and for the smell try and get a vagisil vaginal wash with a perfume or you can get a pantyliner with perfume already on it and if that doesn't help i don't really know what to do [hope i helped] good luck Laughing

by cherice2733 on 9/21/2011 9:11:54 PM

I don't have my period yet and i have this white stuff in my panties and sometimes stinks but my mom says its fine and doesn't stink but I am not sure still! WHta does it mean i take a shower everyday i have great hygiene whats the problem?

by cabbagelovr on 9/20/2011 10:16:37 PM

Lauren please please please help me! My head and hair always smells bad. Yes i do shower every day. But my mom said it was called stinky head syndrome? how can i get rid of this with out spending that much money on expensive products?

by smileyfayce1 on 9/19/2011 8:43:01 PM

Hey girls!! need advice or just someone who understands what you're going through as a pre teen or teen to talk to? Well I'm always here to talk on my advice queens page! Join!! (: You'll be glad you did Laughing

by SwimGirl945 on 9/12/2011 4:16:02 PM

the same happens to me so i shower alot and use scented pantiliners.

by dxcforever on 9/7/2011 11:25:08 AM

why hello my lovely chickkaaas!
Hi Smile again! my name is olivia and I'd be happy to give any advice you need! just post on my profile Smile whether it has to do with everything out in the world, or just you and your personal problems. and even if you don't have a question and just need some one to talk to.... just come to me! Laughing

by the new me :) on 9/2/2011 8:37:44 PM

I have daily vaginal discharge and am only 10. What can i do other than pantiliners? I'm super embarrassed!! Someone Help!!! P.S. my mom's out of town

by doughnutlover on 9/2/2011 6:46:49 PM

Heyy, really wierd question. I had 2 ovarian cysts before. The same symptoms I had with them are coming back . Is it a cyst, or just pain? Should I call my doctor?

Hey girl,

Since you've had the cysts before, definitely give your doc a call and make an appointment. It could be nothing, but you gotta listen to your body's warning signs and get checked out just in case!
Lauren C.

by Snina72567 on 8/29/2011 5:54:08 PM

Here we use what is called "bidet" (pronunciation bidé)
It appears like a bathtube for babies but it's not it:we use it to wash our *downthere* parts XD It may sound *bleah* or even funny but it allows to wash yourself well and comfortably Smile

by Eluned on 8/29/2011 2:24:43 AM

***************************************************
Hey girls!
Do you need advice?
I'm here to help! (:
Just comment on my profile, and I'll comment on yours, asap!
I can give you advice on just about everything, soooo, comment please! (:

********************************************************