8 HOURS AGO Get psyched for back to school with these music vids: http://t.co/552P5H0TUp

11 HOURS AGO What kind of sister are you? http://t.co/R0BoPmeZug

12 HOURS AGO Give your closet a killer makeover: http://t.co/CimNERzkMm

COMMENTS

Could you be orthorexic?

There's eating healthy, then there's taking it to drastic measures.

I think hat orthorexia is legit, because depression is serious, and other moods or problems it can cause are probably well known! If we tell doctors and other medical people about this disorder and what it can cause and how it works, then they will probably end up researching it a lot more and figuring out what causes orthorexia.Ty for your understanding and for your of reading this. Smile Smile

by happyone123 on 2/28/2012 7:09:58 PM

It sounds good but also bad. Its good to be healthy and all that but you need to put more in your diet if you have very little energy.I'm guessing that it could also lead to anorexia...but who knows.

by Cutesweetie2017 on 9/17/2011 9:24:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD When I first read this article I didn't think I was orthorexic. But just recently my health teacher makes us write down everything we eat and plug it into this website every wendsday. The website tells you how many calories you eat, and it shows all the other nutrition facts such as protein, fat, vitamins ect. for the whole day. I have started doing it every day though. Today I didn't eat the healthiest. (payday, sugary coffee, breakfast burrito, french fries....) and I put it in the website and it turned out I had eaten 600 calories overt the recomended 2000. I usually eat healthy, but today I just didn't feel like it. The reason I care about what I eat is because I know that what you eat affects how you feel and how well I do in volleyball. When I eat healthier i'm in a better mood. After I eat something unhealthy I feel guilty though. From what Ive given you what do you suggest I do?

Hey chica, it's okay to snack on junk food (I do all the time lol), you just have to be sure you're eating healthy too. So after those burritos and fries, be sure to grab an apple, some veggies and water. It's all about balancing girl. Smile

Lynae P.

by bff61 on 9/14/2011 8:20:21 PM

It seems legit. I think a few friends might have this orthorexia they speak of. I might even have it, who knows :\ sounds a bit freaky, if you think about it. This whole site SCREAMS orthorexia!

by anime564 on 9/10/2011 3:58:56 PM

I agree, 'mesuchrecarpendaes'. This site, at least the Health & Fitness section, is all about eating healthy. However, now they are saying not to eat too much healthy food, when they are basically contradicting themselves. I eat healthy food, I exercise, AND I let myself splurge occasionally, but I am still a very healthy body weight. But I know to take everything in monderation. Now i think that's more important than counting calories or carbs.

by monkeyqueen99 on 9/4/2011 10:28:23 AM

well, i guess it's legit, but honestly, this website does nothing but say "eat healthy" and then now theyre like "if u eat TOO healthily u could have this disorder!!" its kind of hypocritcal, no?

by mesuchrecarpendaes on 9/1/2011 11:27:09 PM

Mod Mod Mod I have 20-20 vision other than eating apples and carrots what are some ways that I can keep my eyes in tip top shape?? Thank You

Hey babe,

Don't spend too many hours every day staring at televisions or computer screens (especially not up close and in dark rooms where your eyes strain to see in the harsh light), and try to give yourself breaks during reading seshs! Otherwise, it's pretty much up to genetics - so if you'll have probs with your eyes in the future, a lot of times it isn't totally preventable!
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 9/1/2011 10:01:09 PM

that is scary!!! obviously i am not a whatsitcalled... an orthorexic

by maiya.pup11 on 9/1/2011 6:45:18 PM

i think it is real! too much of anything is bad for your body! if all you eat is veggies and stuff thhen you will be missing out on natural sugar but i deffinatly dont think its as big an issue as eating too much sugar and never eating healthy foods which is what we are hearing more and more these days sadly....

by liltiger on 8/31/2011 8:23:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
okay, so i do dance & basketball. i tried out for basketball yesterday, told the coach id have to miss a few games for dance, & he said okay. i didnt make the team. i made it last year, and my skills for basketball are just the same as last year, maybe even higher. do you think maybe i didnt make it cause of dance?
also, im super embarassed. only 4 people got cut & i was one of them..
im embarrased to go to school tomorrow when everyone knows i didnt make it.
how do i get over it?
thanks.

No one can really tell, but remember, you always have dance! Smile

Brittany G.