1 HOURS AGO Keep those brows in check! Follow these tricks on how to keep up with them: http://t.co/MaRLHigakT

2 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

3 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

COMMENTS

Could you be orthorexic?

There's eating healthy, then there's taking it to drastic measures.

i definitely think its real but i doubt its very common ...

by sparklysydafrid on 8/30/2011 4:36:18 PM

This is not legit, this is a foodie. You should worry about what you eat. Eating healthy is good, so what if you look at labels and don't eat foods with artificial colors and flavors or is over-processed.

I eat only local, organic foods, and am a pescatarian. I'm not socially damaged because I eat healthy. Our generation might just be healthier than previous ones, did they consider that?

by cordelia on 8/30/2011 3:46:43 PM

i think it legit! My best friends mom is like obsessed with making her fam. eat healthy food because she doesn't want her daughter to get breast cancer (that runs in their fam) but truthfully eating something healthy won't prevent breast cancer if runs in your fam! eat what you can while you can. anyways i kinda think her and her mom have it slightly because whenever i go out with her she is like "i have to eat something healthy because my mom said i need too." like seriously? have a little fun girl!

by Photochickie on 8/30/2011 3:02:47 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
Please help me! I am hypoglycemic and need simple sugars at time to keep me from passing out. But my mum hates sugar, we are not even allowed to drink juice (as my doc suggested I do) and I am meant to eat lots of carbs and stuff. But my mum only lets me have fruit for lunch and only one serving of carbs at dinner. I am also not allowed to have ay kind of sugars. hypoglycemia causes me to get headaches, get dizzy, feel nauseous and tried. I cannot concentrate at school and my marks are dropping. Dance is also an issue, as I do over 15hrs a week but do not seem to have the energy anymore. How do I tell my mum that I can't eat the way she wants anymore? She will not take me to the doctor, but I am afraid one day I might pass out and that this is affecting my schoolwork and future! How can I fix this without destroying my relationship with my mother?

Hey sweetie! I so wish I could offer you some great advice, buy since I'm not a doctor, I don't want to point you in the wrong direction. Why don't you ask a doctor or school counselor to help you talk to your mom? I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you get things squared away, and they'd have the most accurate medical information. <3, Devin
Devin A.

by AussieDancer on 8/30/2011 1:26:26 PM

While you could call being obsessed with health foods being orthorexic, I highly doubt it. Why? Because it could actually make you healthier. I'm sure it would do more good than bad to think about where our food comes from, whether it has pesticides, trans fats, dyes.....although its called anorexia if you don't eat enough. I think orthorexia is just another way for the government to tell us that nothing we do is right. They want us to eat what they produce, bad or not. I say eating like this is good, as long as you get proper nutrients.

by basketballcutie11 on 8/30/2011 10:38:13 AM

I think it's legit. I watched this movie about real people and she making her daughter be like that. It caused her daughter to bully people about their weight. The daughter screamed when one lady said "only 100 calories" The daughter screamed and hid. It's sad.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/30/2011 10:35:33 AM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
i am going through a giant growth spurt and am constanly hungry and snacking on junk food. what do you suggest i snack on that is good for you and makes you feel fuller? thanks!

Hey sweetie! I like to snack on yogurt - there are tons of great flavors out there, and you can add whatever fruits and granola you like to change things up. I also like to eat fruit with peanut butter or Nutella - so good! Props for making healthy choices!

<3, Devin
Devin A.

by tarak on 8/30/2011 1:24:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
i was wondering, which eyeshadow color is best for light brown skin??? thanks!! Smile

Hey honey! I think turquoise and creme eyeshadow colors look best for light brown skin. Experiment with an older sister or mom's makeup - they can probably give you some great tips as to what styles and colors look best on your face Smile

<3, Devin
Devin A.

by qwerty66 on 8/30/2011 1:22:46 AM

MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
i'm going through a giant growth spurt right now and am constantly hungry! what do you reccomend I snack on that is healthy and won't make me crash later? thanks!

Hey babe!

When I'm looking to snack, I usually turn to apples and peanut butter - so good! I also really like eating yogurt too, and you could put whatever fruit and granola you want in it to switch it up. Good luck with the healthy eating!

Devin
Devin A.

by tarak on 8/30/2011 1:13:58 AM

So I'm a normal weight, and stuff, but I have a little bit of a belly, and I'm super self conscious, and sometimes I cry! I won't go on a crash diet or anything, but what can i do to boost my confidence? Thanks!

Hey babe,

Totally normal to feel down about yourself sometimes! But the best way to fix it is to do things that make you feel amazing. What is your biggest hobby? Throw yourself into it and become talented at something. Being great at something - and being able to teach/show other people - will make you feel great! The same goes for dressing the bod you have in the most flattering ways. Figure out what your body type is and where your "problem" areas are (the parts that make you the most insecure). Then, run a Google search or check out GL's fashion tips for ideas to dress yourself in a way that will make you the most confident. Confidence is key here - sometimes ya gotta fake it til you really feel it, but you WILL learn to love yourself always <3 As you should - you're beautiful!
Lauren C.