1 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

2 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

3 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

COMMENTS

My parents want to adopt another kid

I think it’s a great idea, in theory. But I’m not sure how I really feel about it. What do you think?

Mod mod! Last week I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder which dosent surprise me at all because my life is a disaster. My mom and stepdad are getting a divorce and my stepdad is either fighting/being rude/mean with my mom or yelling at me and then gets so annoyed and confused when I spend more time at my dads house. That plus drama and other normal teenager stuff isnt helping my anxiety problems. I'm currently finding out that my BFF has completly lied to me especially all the lies she told me that ruined my relationship with my ex BF when I confronted him. This weekend she says that she got drunk in NYC over heartbreaks that happened months ago with guys that she didn't even date, and apparently she's had a history of lying. I don't know if I can trust her. I have no idea what to do bout my ex because I kinda miss him having my back. I haven't slept well in months Im taking an antidepressant with my ADHD meds and I'm a hot mess. Help me :-'(

Hey girl!

Sometimes thinking about what you would do in someone else's situation, such as your mom or even your step dad, can help you come up with potential solutions for their problems. Although a lot of times people may not take your advice, you'll at least feel like you tried, and it'll help you feel more prepared in dealing with your own situations. You could also ask a relative about what you or they should do to make the situation a little better and the environment in the house more positive and loving. If you like spending time at your dad's place, that's your preference and you shouldn't feel guilty about someone else being upset. Even though it's hard to accept, it's usually not possible to please everyone completely. You could explain to your ex the misunderstanding caused by your friend lying, but if he isn't willing to accept that, he might not be the guy for you as misunderstandings like that happen a lot, so if he didn't stick it out through this one, he probably won't in the future. Yeah, sounds like you could use a new friend. Most people are honest, so your next BFF most likely will be, too. Smile

Krupali D.

by ladyinlike on 4/16/2012 4:57:03 PM

I was shocked when my parents told me we were adopting a 5 month old little boy. Today he is 4 and I couldnt imagine my ife without him!!!

by sgirl26 on 3/12/2012 7:41:14 PM

I rely want an older brother. Being any only child is rely boring and it can get boring sometimes

by emmakn99 on 2/8/2012 11:43:32 PM

Hey chica, i understand how wierd this is for you. You're uncomftorable with such a HUGE change. You sound like a great girl. You can get through this. If my parents told me they might adopt, I'd be freaking out. But, think about it this way. You're parents are willing to take another child into their lives to feed, clothe, and house. Alll of this, but the greatest thing they'll be doing is making another kid's life better. If they're willing to do that, you should to. Tell your heart the truth. You can get do it!

by DivaChica on 12/4/2011 6:22:30 PM

hey i would love to have an adopted bro or sis. younger or older i need someone new!

by nyomi on 11/15/2011 5:26:52 PM

MOD*** I just recently moved to a new house and my mom started smoking in the house. Before we moved she'd smoke out on the porch and now all of a sudden she does it in the house. I've tried talking to her about it and asking her why she does it and she tells me to mind my own business and that she pays the bills so she can do what she wants. All of my clothes are starting to smell from her smoking in the house and even my hair. Do you have any tips the might help getting rid of the stink?

Hey girl, just be sure that after you wash them with fabric softener, and even spray them with perfume, keep them closed in storage boxes or drawers. That way they'll be protected from the smell. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by icebreaker373 on 11/9/2011 8:23:36 PM

MOD MOD!
I am the youngest in my family and I feel really left out.My older brothers are really coola dn have alot of friends while i'm still stuck in elemantary school with a few friends, and when i think about hwen i'll be at middle school and highschool, it seems like the place wont be cool without my brothers because then there will be no one who will be my friend. Is this going to happen?

Hey girlie,

Not at all! It might be a lil disappointing that your bros won't be at the high school with you, but that doesn't mean high school won't be fun or you won't have any friends. Instead, you'll make your own friends, get to follow your own interests, and make your own HS experience!! Learn from them though - the reason they seem so "cool" and have so many friends is because they got involved, were out-going, and stayed confident. Do that and you'll have a blast! Smile
Lauren C.

by highschool1 on 10/21/2011 10:21:07 PM

MOD,MOD,MOD!
Life SUCKS! I have a horrible step dad who is arguing with my mom every Day He gets the chance to! Tomorrow they are going to an awards ceremony and remember this is REALLY LAST SECOND! So my mom is out looking for a dress! I am so TIRED OF HIM! He gets on my nerve! They're going to leave me at a hotel while they're at the ceremony! They're going to give me "Snacks" and I will watch T.V. For TONS of HOURS! No CELL OR INTERNET! NOW SHE'S GOING TO MARRY THIS CREEP NEXT SUMMER IN ST.Lucia Then he'll become my (GAG) FATHER! I can't talk to her because she doesn't really care about what I think in this Situation. I can't talk to my soon to be *One Again* (GAG!) Stepfather. WHAT DO I DO???????????

Hey girlie,

It's totally understandable that you aren't happy about this situation - it's tough when one of our parents moves on, meets someone new, and spends lots of time with them. It changes our whole normal routine! But remember two things. First, even if they do get married, this guy isn't necessarily your father. He's not trying to take over that role in your life, and you don't have to refer to him as your father unless you really want to. Second, remember that - even though they fight and you see him as a creep - your mom sees something that she loves in this guy. She loves and respects him enough to want to spend the rest of their lives together, which is saying a lot! Try to see him from her point of view and remember that, while your needs/wants are important, she also has her own life and wants to be happy too! In order to stay sane with all this crazy change happening around you, make sure you schedule one-on-one mom-and-daughter time at least once a week. It'll really help you stay centered and remember what's most important: you and mom staying close, being happy, and supporting each other!
Lauren C.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 10/21/2011 9:09:44 PM

MOD
My mom gave away my cat that i had for 9 years; 2 years ago in 8th grade. I loved her...she got me through some tough stuff...my mom gave her to a shelter cuz the vet couldnt figure out what was wrong with her and why she was peeing on the carpets(she was 9 and litterbox-trained)like i said, its been 2 yrs and every 2 months or so, i cry right before i go to bed. i wont even be thinking remotely about her and i start to remember all our happy times. i think i just miss her sooo much and i get paranoid that she isnt in a good home or the shelter put her down.(my mom gave her to the county animal shelter and i dont think they do that but...i cant stop thinking it)
what im wondering is:is this normal/healthy?

Hey babe,

Not being able to communicate with someone you love (even if it is an animal), is a really hard thing.  I think you should speak with a trusted adult about how you feel, based on how long it's been since you last saw your cat. It could be a family member, doctor, guidance counselor, teacher, whatever. I hope you feel better soon!

Devin A.

by kaboodle on 10/3/2011 4:11:55 PM

MOD!!!
So, I did something really bad! I snuck out at night to go to a boys house and my parents figured out. I had a friend over too but i dont want her to get introuble so i told my parents that she didnt go with me. My mom said that she would have to talk to my friends mom if she was there. My cousin was with me too and she got caught too. Her mom talked to her and she told her mom that my friend went with us and i told my mom that she didnt so our moms are trying to figure out if she did or not but i cant talk to my cousin cause my phone got taken away!i dont want my friend to get introuble she didnt even talk around the guys she does not deserve this! Please help!

Hey girl, explain that to your parents. The truth will probably prevail in this case, but you can make it as painless as possible by explaining why you kept it.

xoxo