10 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

14 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

15 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Middle school is turning me into a stress mess!

I started junior high this year, and I find it very overwhelming. I don’t have time for all the things I love—boys, friends, shopping, etc. What can...

MOD
Okay Im in 9th this year, going to a charter school that I thought I would love. Well Ive been here 3 wks & I hate it! It is so hard (all the classes Im taking now are junior classes at a normal school) & its like a fast track through high school, which in theory is great, but its not for me. I want the traditional highschool experience with prom & football games & everything that makes high school the best years of your life. Im also really missing my friends, b/c I dont like the people here, & the people at my home highschool were like my brothers & sisters. So I want to go back to my home school & drop out of this one, which I talked to my mom about & she wont let me! She thinks this is a great chance, but I dont want it. The school is really centered around a couple of subjects & I dont like them at all & its so overwhelming and stressful. What can I say to convince her? She says I cant until winter break but I cant take it that long!! Please help! Thanks <3

Talk to her about why you wanna leave. IF you give her actual reasons then she'll be more willing to see your side. Also winter break may be the best option for transferring. Its not that long! and its better than doing this high school for the rest of the time. So try to talk her into letting you leave. If the best she can give you is winter, then accept that. ITs better than nothing Smile xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by TrippleThreat on 9/2/2011 5:20:23 PM

omigosh middle school is sooooo stressful! my L-I-F-E is passing periods now, cuz its when i get to see my friends & talk & flirt! <3

by sparklysydafrid on 9/2/2011 4:49:21 PM

if you've ever had trouble with bullies and cyberbullies and you need support from girls who have been there and can help you through it,then you should join this club. Never let bullies rule you! You have the power to stand up to them! Here we can give you the encouragement to do it!

by cutiecayley333 on 9/2/2011 11:35:33 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! It's the same thing here. We don't get out til' 4:00 and I get home at 5:00. 5 more hours til' I go to sleep. Too much homework! How am I supposed to balance fun, with work, and sleep?

Hey girlie!

Make yourself a schedule. Tell yourself that you spend a certain amount of time on one subject's homework, and then a certain amount on another, and so on.

Try your best to eliminate any distractions when you're doing your homework, like TV, since it'll only make you take longer.

And don't stress yourself out too much!  Good luck!
Jordan S.

by indianstyle7 on 9/2/2011 7:38:47 AM

MOD
I'm confused..I like this guy in my history class,(who already has a gf) and today after school I wrote on his wall a kinda inside joke from class. We commented back and forth on it, and it was really funny. then, when the conversation ended, a few minutes later he deleted the post. he also deleted a 'truth is' post that i wrote, after he liked my status. I know it's is stupid to wonder about this, but i can't figure out why he did it. there was nothing bad in it. a few other people posted on his wall around the same time i did, and he didn't delete those. i could only think of two things. either he thought i was being annoying, which i highly doubt or else he wouldnt have continued the convo, or he didn't want his gf to see it, because we were flirting or something, which i don't think we were. haha really i know it's not a big deal. i'm just wondering. what do you think?

Hey girlie,

Nope, I don't think he thought you were annoying - you're right, he wouldn't have held a long convo with you if he thought you were being annoying. Even if you weren't flirting, a long convo with another girl might have made his GF suspicious - he might have expected her to over-react and get jealous or upset, so he deleted it just to avoid that. I wouldn't worry about it...I don't think it was anything you said Smile

Lauren C.

by erinthemaster on 9/1/2011 11:07:47 PM

I like school! It's not stressful when you are organized.

by caligirl99 on 9/1/2011 10:53:31 PM

MOD MOD Ok there is this girl at my new shool, and she is supposed to be bad and weird. she is in my classes and at first i was scared of her, but then i started being nice to her, and she is actuall nice and sort of funny. what should i do?? ym friends think i am crazy for being nice to her and liking her.i am not going to be her best friend, but i still like her. help?

Hey girl,

I think it's really great you saw past the rumors about this new girl and became a friend to her. She probably appreciates that SO much! All new kids get weird reputations, at least for a little while, so you being nice to her probably makes her smile. But like you said, that doesn't mean you need to become BFFs - just be nice and stick to what you think is the "right" thing to do. (Which, to me, is to continue being friendly because she has never done anything wrong to you.)  If you're meant to become closer friends, it'll happen. Try not to be swayed by the pressure of your friends!
Lauren C.

by mint.chocolate.chip on 9/1/2011 10:43:17 PM

I always feel stressed during the school year

by dancer2998 on 9/1/2011 10:20:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok so i dont really kno if im going to get my period soon.my mom and freinds think i am going to, but i am sorta in denial. i have a lot of white discarge,wear a 32a bra, and have been having a lot of stomachaches and cramps lately. my boobs feel a little sore. i am only 5 feet tallthough.if i get my period, will i still grow? Please reply!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

Absolutely - your period comes early, but most girls are still growing (even if it's only slightly) until they're 18 years old! It sounds like you're on the right track and progressing through puberty normally, but it's hard to predict if you're actually going to get your period soon. The stomachache/cramp situation kinda sounds like a sign, but it could just be gas! Haha just try to be prepared with a pad in your bag and try to relax. You'll get it when your bod is ready Smile
Lauren C.

by mint.chocolate.chip on 9/1/2011 9:29:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD Ok so i started middle school this year(im in 7th grade) and its in another town bcuz i live in a small town. One of the new teahers doesnt like me. I am the kind of girl teachers usually like. I really want to get on his good side. This teacher is really mean. how do i get on his good side?? Pleez help!!!

Hey girl,

I think the best thing to do in situations like this is to not try too hard. Instead, mind your own business and work hard. Do your assignments on time, study hard so you do well on tests, and approach him after school if you ever have any questions on the material - and do so considerately and with respect. If you don't give him any problems, he won't give you any problems!
Lauren C.