7 HOURS AGO You know you wanna wear a sweater on Thanksgiving...here's how to rock it: http://t.co/hhSGNIzUT6

10 HOURS AGO Need a style upgrade? Enter to win a pair of @mirabellagirl slouchies for your UGG boots: http://t.co/ggzprnMsbF

11 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls van get their flirt on: http://t.co/UCVNh5a7Wx

COMMENTS

Middle school is turning me into a stress mess!

I started junior high this year, and I find it very overwhelming. I don’t have time for all the things I love—boys, friends, shopping, etc. What can...

I'm a nervous wreck between deciding whether to go to a new school or stay at my old school which is just moving buildings. The other school, is supposed to be a really good school but those kids fight all the time, jump security guards and smoke and are really racist towards light skinned people. In my current school I love my friends and bf, and we cant hang outside of school. But I'm not sure if I should continue going because I have to walk there & its a little far and i dont know what the inside of the building looks like. Help? Thanks.

Hey girl,

I can't make this decision for you, but personally the answer seems pretty obvious - where you know a lot of the students, feel comfortable, and are safe, or a new school where things seem tense/chaotic/dangerous. Give it some serious thought and go with your gut <3
Lauren C.

by Smasheroo on 9/1/2011 9:03:01 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Okay so in school in one of my classes we sit in groups of 4. My friends always sit in a table without me and I sit by myself. What Should I do??( none of my other friends are in that class)

Make the most of where you sit, girl! Just because your friends are at another table doesn't mean you can't make new connections with the people you sit with. Chat with them about whatever you feel like talking about. Use this time to get to know them, their interests, their likes/dislikes, etc. Use this as a chance to expand your social circle and get to know new people better!!
Lauren C.

by rosesong on 9/1/2011 8:39:10 PM

i feel the same way and i haven't even started middle school!!!! i start in a few days!!!!!!

by nickelpickel on 9/1/2011 8:38:15 PM

MODMOD!!!
What are the must have makeup products in my gym locker!!!!!!!!

I would bring deodorant, a body spray (don't use too much - it's just to refresh ya), a hairbrush, dry shampoo if you get really sweaty, hair ties and bobby pins, lip balm, mascara for touch ups, and an extra tampon/pad Smile
Lauren C.

by ally =) on 9/1/2011 8:21:10 PM

Mod Mod Mod
i really want to get into the popular group! My best friend is popular and i want to be too. So, today was the first day that there was lunch at school and i walked up to the popular group and i wanted to sit there but it was way too crowded and then some teacher told everyone you had to sit at a table instead so everyone left. I was just standing around when some of my popular sorta-friends told me to sit with them and they also told me to come to the popular "meeting place" at the top of the hill. It usually isn't one big group, it's a bunch of groups and people move around and talk to everyone. I was following some of my sorta-friends and i was talking to them and it was good. But they remember last year for most of the 6th grade i was shy so i think they have that etched into they're heads that im shy. But I've been talking more this year and I don't want to just be sorta-friends, i want to be like best friends! I need to know how to be their best friends! Thanks!

Hey sweetie!

Don't forget that being popular isn't totally important.  And if it means that you don't get to act like yourself then it's not worth it.

But start stepping up in talking to them.  Pick two of the girls and invite them over one night, since it's always easier for them to open up to you if there's a third girl they're comfortable with.  Or try setting up a movie trip, for you to all meet up at the movies and hang out.  You're on the right track with talking more, I'm sure they'll see you're not as shy as they thought in no time!
Jordan S.

by teamjacob3236 on 9/1/2011 7:35:40 PM

Its okay you have just HAVE to stay outta drammmmaaaa!!!!! Even it ya get in the middle of it all ya gotta do is stop. its eazzaayyy just ignore ppl who talk bout it

by 526love on 9/1/2011 7:28:01 PM

I've been hanging with my BGF a lot at school. I've been getting to know his best friend N, who I always thought was the quiet, geeky type. The more I get to know him the more I get this weird feeling that I shouldn't be friends with him! I won't go into details but I kinda don't want to hang out with N anymore because it's freaking me out. N's always with my BGF so if I don't hang out with N, I don't hang out with my friend. Thanks so much! What should I do?

Hey girl,

No problem - you don't have to force yourself to hang out with anyone if you get a weird vibe! Try chatting via text and online with your BGF to keep up your friendship. Then ask him to hang out on your own (without waiting for him to ask you or hoping to run into him, because you'll almost definitely run into N too). Hopefully, he will understand that it's a hangout between the two of you, not the three of you!

Lauren C.

by thecupcakequeen on 9/1/2011 7:27:32 PM

I feel like my bf doesnt like me anymore. :/ Anytime I try and talk to him he answers...but nothing near what he used to before summer. I dont want to break up with him cause my friend asked him if he likes me still and he does, but I also dont want 2 because I still like him and I think I can get him talking again. Help?
Thanks

Hey girl,

A guy could totally like you but also not be good BF material. Personally, I think you deserve a BF who really likes you and wants to talk to you a lot! You should have a BF who can't get ya outta his mind Smile If he's distant and seems to not be interested anymore, try being honest with him. Ask him if something is wrong, then tell him you've been feeling like he's really quiet and distant lately. Tell him you want things to be like they used to be where you could be in touch a lot, hang out, and feel like you both really liked each other. And see how he responds - if he wants to try to fix it or if he isn't interested in saving it. Sure, it's nice to have a BF, but if he isn't 100% committed or interested in the relationship, t's better not to have one at all <3
Lauren C.

by spazyjazy99 on 9/1/2011 7:22:19 PM

Middle School so far is the best time of my life!!!!!!

by basketballcutie11 on 9/1/2011 7:03:57 PM

mod mod mod
hey, so i think i like this guy, last year i REALLY liked him, and we were friends, but he had a girlfriend. Then he broke up with her, but when our classes changed, we started not talking as much. this might sound stupid, but we would "meet" in the hall every day before spanish, which we had the same period, but different classes. I also noticed him hanging around me and vice versa a lot. Then summer... OK this year, it has been 2 days since school started, and i am kinda ignoring him, I still like him, but i don't know what is up! i just can't get myself to say hi. How can i get the nerve to do it, i know, its usally not a big deal for me, but i like him a lot! help!! thanks! and sorry its soo long! Smile

Hey girl,

It's been a whole summer, so you have the perfect chance to strike up a good convo! You aren't going to feel "ready" to do it at any point, so just take a deep breath and go up to him. Say something like "Hey! It's been so long since I've gotten to talk to you, how have you been?" then let him answer and follow up with something like, "Did you have any amazing plans this summer?" You just have to make that first step! It sounds like he might've liked ya before, so try to get close to him again and see how it goes <3
Lauren C.