5 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls can get their flirt on: http://t.co/c0HifzMGQb

9 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

10 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

What's an endoscopy?

I have been having major stomach problems lately, so my doctor recommended an endoscopy...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm getting an endoscopy done tomorrow because im having major stomach problems. i know it won't hurt but I'm still scared. What if something goes wrong? What can I do to calm down?

Hey girl,

It's normal to be nervous before a surgery, but trust that your doc knows what she's doing and that it's what's best for your health! Think of how much better you will feel afterward and you won't dread it as much. It will be over before you know it!

Meghan D.

by fantastic8805 on 12/24/2012 5:50:29 PM

Frown
Sounds bad to me...

by wesdelwarrior on 12/23/2012 5:21:43 PM

I have had one of these. They are not as scary as they sound, your ussually under an anesthesia so you don't feel too much of it. My advice is to calm down and let the docters do thier thing, they are trained proffesionals.

by naiko3638 on 5/2/2012 9:45:09 PM

I had an endoscopy earlier this year, and it's much different than what was said in the answer. For kids, you almost always go to the hospital and are put completely to sleep with general, not local, anesthesia. Not sometimes- always. But you aren't asleep long (less than an hour) and pretty much everyone feels fine when they wake up- I was just tired. And also, an endoscopy does not go through your anus- that's a colonoscopy. Don't stress at all- this was easier than any other test I've had done, even a CAT scan. And, as an added bonus, my endoscopy diagnosed a rare condition that we wouldn't have found without it! Feel better soon and good luck!

by balletlova on 12/23/2011 6:50:40 PM

modmodmod!! two weeks ago i had a stumic bug but just 20 minutes ago i threw up a little stumic acid it hurt a lot and i am not a belimic i got dizzy and the grab the trash can and later on today is my littlest brothers birthday help!!

Exactly what is it that you need help with/is worrying you love?

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by pip5158 on 9/17/2011 6:44:49 AM

i had one a few months ago i was put to sleep and it only took about 15 mins... i was scared for nothing lol

by dollface09 on 9/14/2011 8:04:57 PM

Thanks for answering my question Smile I had it done and there was nothing bad so im on medication for IBS. It wasnt bad at all!! I didn't feel anything!!

by julesisasmiley1 on 9/11/2011 9:13:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
So I've been getting these sharp pains in my side when I cough or sneeze. I got one today from just shifting positions. Also, sometime's when I stand up I get these black spots all in my vision and I feel a little dizzy. Then everything starts to come back to normal. I hadn't gotten them till like this year. Any clue what these are?

Hey girlie,

This sounds like it could be dehydration, fatigue, or stress causing these issues. Whatever it is, if it continues much longer (like over the course of a week without stopping), personally I would call my doc just to make sure it isn't something more serious!
Lauren C.

by pixie1599 on 9/10/2011 9:32:14 PM

If you have a stomach issue they will go through your throat, I dont know if I could deal with that. If they they need to get past your stomach they will go through anus. That sounds weird but I saw them do it to some guy on tv. Yes, it was ew!

endoscopy is video inside our bodies, that is just amazing.

by luckykel on 9/9/2011 4:24:42 PM

My friends are so mean to me!  They tell me i'm flatchested and all and they keep telling me i'm to skinny that i have chicken legs and arms!  How do i get them to shutup about my body and how do i find self confidence in myself?

Hey girlie!

Your friends should not treat you that way!  It may seem to them to be in the name of good fun, but it messes with your head.  Developing self-confidence can take time.  You have to be okay with yourself, know that you're a great girl and that you're beautiful in a way that's just yours, that nobody else can have but you.
Jordan S.