10 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

13 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

14 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

6 easy ways to become a better runner

Tired of being left in the dust? Here's how to speed cross the finish line.

For school, I have to run at least a nine-minute mile, but my time is always around 10:30! This article is really helpful, thank you <3

by aprilshowers30 on 9/15/2012 11:12:52 PM

I finally got my dad to jog with me every evening, because I live at the edge of a suburban area and it's pretty dangerous to go out and run alone. Only a shame there's no hills around. They'd help.

by ibtiwiptywoo on 4/11/2012 6:32:24 AM

Danerka-
the girl in the picture DOES NOT look "anorexically thin". She looks healthy. I am quite thin myself and people have called me anorexic before, and it really hurts. it's just plain mean to make fun of someones body.

by yesnohellogoodbye on 3/27/2012 6:51:37 PM

The girl in the pic looks anorexically thin.

by Danerka on 3/8/2012 6:18:57 PM

MOD!
BIG PROBLEM HERE, Ok, well about 1-2 months ago, I told my best friend that I fancied this boy, I trusted her, but she went and told him! I was SO humiliated, she did it infront of the whole school. I only sort-of fancied him cause it was the school dance comin' up, So I dont ACTUALLY like him, But now he He wont leave me alone! he keeps coming up to me in lessons, he keeps smiling at me, and I HATE IT,
Whats the best way to stop him?

Hey girlie,

If you honestly don't like him, ignore it completely. If you're ever alone with him, be honest - tell him, "I'm really flattered, but to be honest my friend kinda lied when she said that about me. I think we'd be awesome as friends though!" You can do this, girlie <3
Lauren C.

by catluverforlife on 11/17/2011 11:06:37 AM

******************MOD*****************
I want to start exercising more, not because I'm overweight but I want to gain muscle. I live in a rural area but when there are cars they go around 70 mph, so jogging isn't that safe. I can't go to a gym or do yoga classes because I live in a rural area. I tried wii fit but you don't burn that much calories or gain muscle. I try to do yoga but find myself bored with that. I do enjoy the workouts in the magazines but I can't seem to stick to them. And i feel awkward doing the tv workouts. Do you have any suggestions? Right now I'm kinda stuck, i cant seem to get motivated to do much of anything, and im not big on sports either :/

Hey girlie,

You have to overcome that awkwardness and use what you have available to you! You can't go to a gym and you can't work out outside - so you're going to have to find an alternative. Try kickboxing DVDs and mat pilates DVDs. Sure you'll feel a little silly at first, but you'll soon get a lot more comfy following their moves - and you'll feel results, which is the best part of all!
Lauren C.

by rockincat10 on 11/4/2011 9:00:42 PM

Ok so I really want (and need) to start working out. The only problem is that I need something to help keep me motivated to stick with it every day. My friends are always busy so they can't help me. Any ideas I can use to stay motivated???

Hey girlie,

Make a realistic calendar of all the workouts you'll do each day! Mix it up so you're doing something different every day - it'll spice things up so your routine isn't too boring. You could also reward yourself for making it through a whole week without skipping a workout, like spending your allowance on a new album or indulging in a little brownie. Lastly, you could keep a workout blog where you write down EVERY exercise you do each day. That way, if you skip out and don't have anything to write, you'll feel a little guilty writing, "Skipped my workout today." It'll motivate you to keep going so you have an exciting, interesting, and rewarding thing to say!
Lauren C.

by laneybugrocks on 11/3/2011 10:52:57 PM

I want to try a new sport, but I am going to be in high school soon. Making the teams sounds really competitive. I am not happy with playing basketball and volleyball. I want to try a more individual sport. Any ideas?

Hey girl!

Why don't you try tennis? That way, you can play individually and sometimes play doubles. You'll get the team feeling you're used to and will be able to beat your own records. Have fun! xoxox
Devin A.

by bubbles4567890 on 10/30/2011 9:00:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD I have exercise reduced asthma and I was wondering if I should follow the same tips in this article to work onmy running.Its important because if I don't I might not make the soccer team next year.ps(they start kicking us off the soccer team next year)If I shouldn't follow these tips what can i do?Please help me!!!!

Hey chicky, you may have to ask your doctor, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to. Just be sure to take breaks whenever you can and have your inhaler with you. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by Rilu on 10/30/2011 10:06:42 AM

In my school we have to run a mile every friday... its easy for me (kinda) but my time is always around 7 minutes. My last one was 7:08. I'm eleven and I wanna get better for XC next year. How do I get better?

Hey chica, practice makes perfect, so keep running. Set up a scheldue for your week where you run a couple hours a day. Hope this helps! You can do it girl! Smile Smile

Lynae P.