AN HOUR AGO Caramel pudding recipe? Yasss!! http://t.co/rijE55Yvy8

1 HOURS AGO Who needs a night out when you've got 6 @FierceReads to dive into?! http://t.co/Agm9QX1En2

2 HOURS AGO We’re spending our entire weekend reading our FREE copy of #Crewel via @wattpad. No shame. #bookclub http://t.co/d7EI8fySGq

COMMENTS

6 easy ways to become a better runner

Tired of being left in the dust? Here's how to speed cross the finish line.

MOD!!!! I an in dance class instead of PE at my school, but we still run a mile every Monday. Well, my friend in PE runs the mile on Monday with me, but she does it differently than I do. I run and then i say, "At the fence, i will walk until the tree" and then i repeat that cycle, choosing walking and running points. Well my friend does it like this: "At the fence we sprint till the next 4 trees" and we never take a break to walk. I just did this with her for the first time last week and after PE, I couldn't even stand up!!!!I was VERY fatigued!!What should I do??? She's the only friend I have in PE and i don't wanna run by myself!!! She keeps me motivated, but it's too hard!! P.S.-Her mile time is 8 min and mine is like 9:30!!!!

Hey chica, I would just tell her, that her cycle is a little difficult for you. Ask her if she would be okay taking at least one break. I'm sure she won't be offended in any way. Just ask her girl. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by chocolatecharme on 10/22/2011 5:49:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
So, I really wanna get rid of my muffin top, and I really like to go for walks, but do you have any tips to get rid of sideaches? Every time I try to run/jog I get one and it hurts really bad.

Hey girl,

Sideaches just mean that you're not controlling your breathing as well as you could or you haven't warmed up properly before getting really active. Remember to stretch before any physical activity for 5 minutes! Then try a brisk walk for 5 minutes, then start jog-walking off-and-on for one minute each. You can also get pains in your side from pushing yourself too hard at first. You have to build up your endurance, and you will if you stick with it! Remember to also breathe deeply, don't gasp for air, and you'll be just fine Smile
Lauren C.

by chocolatebunny676 on 10/20/2011 10:48:45 PM

I want to get into running to get ready for track and field in the spring, but i need to run to get better at running, and my mom is too overprotective to let me run and too busy to run with me. What can I do? And how many days a week should i do my workout? Thanks- Smile

Maybe you can stick around after school (get some friends to join you) and run in your school's gym. Try this for two days and then slowly increase Smile

Brittany G.
Brittany G.

by needausername on 10/18/2011 11:22:41 PM

~MOD MOD MOD MOD~
last year right around this time i hurt my knee. I have been having the same pain in my knee again for a couple of weeks but my parents dont believe me because i get hurt so much. what should i do?
-Delaney

Hey girl, I'd go talk to the school nurse about it. If it's serious, she'll refer you to another doctor and call your 'rents so they'll have to take it seriously. Because it's been lasting so long, I would definitely speak up too. It could be the sign of something.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by socestar8 on 10/10/2011 5:36:06 PM

~MOD~
i'm a cross country runner, but towards the end of the summer, i got into an accident that caused me to be out from any exercise for six weeks. i'm allowed to come back next week, but i'm not sure if it will be worth it going into the season when it will be over in the end of october, because i will be out of shape, and endurance isn't built overnight. i know the team needs me, because my abilities when i'm out of shape are still close to the best people on the team, but i'm not sure if i'm willing to enter mid-season getting times that aren't my best and being discouraged from them. any advice? Smile

Hey babe!

Instead of worrying about your contributions to the team, why don't you worry about getting back into shape? You can just start going to practices to get you back into shape and ask your coach to only put you in when you start getting better. good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by skittleburst11 on 9/22/2011 1:27:01 PM

Thanks so much for these tips! I'm in varsity track and field and I was wondering what I could do to get better, besides just running back and forth. Thank you! BTW, do you have any tips on how to keep from getting sick all the time besides washing your hands. Thanks!

by ashambjor on 9/20/2011 2:52:22 PM

MOD MOD MOD ok i do a sport called jiu jitsu (like wrestling) and my nose got broke last night i really wanna go running and keep doing everything i do know but im scared i might hurt it worse any advice???
-kellie

Hey! Sounds like a very interesting sport! If you think that you shouldn't do any more physical activity then it is probably best that you don't. After a few weeks when you are healed, ask a doctor about staring up again. In the mean time to keep up your physical activity, try doing some stationary work outs or just go for a calm walk.
Ana D.

by klbugg97 on 9/15/2011 12:32:38 PM

mod- i have never jogged in my life before and i feel really embarrasd to go out and gt swety in front of ppl.
is there anything i can do to feel more confident when startng for the first time?????

Hey girl, by not focusing on the people: trust me, I've jogged for years, and they really don't focus on you. Just focus on your routine. Bring music. Keep your eyes ahead and focus on the path, not the people around you.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by Amber8231998 on 9/12/2011 7:47:42 PM

ModModMod
okay so today in gym we had to do the mile run, i got a good time but my feet really heart whenever i walk, i run daily and everything, but today my feet hurt so bad! i don't want to go to school tomorrow and dread walking a ton, so what can i do tonight that will make my feet feel better?
thx
xoxo sail

Hey girl, just rest them; use ice if it'll help. It's natural to be sore when you overexert yourself and that's why it's important you give them a chance to heal.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by sailaway11 on 9/12/2011 7:37:04 PM

Hello!!! So i guess you could say i have a "muffin top" sort of thing. What are some exercises just for that? Thanks!!! Smile

Hey girly! Cardio is a great way to reduce that "muffin top" effect. Try incorporating climbing stairs, jogging, swimming, and cycling into your everyday routine. You should also be cautious of what you are eating. Your diet is very important; reducing your sugar and fat intake can help a great deal. Consult with your doctor to see how you can improve your diet.

Amalia E.