4 HOURS AGO Anna & Elsa are servin' up some major hairspo! #PrincessStat: http://t.co/dQpwHoErKm

7 HOURS AGO Swap out your fatty foods for clean nom-worthy treats: http://t.co/HvO68YoFFc

8 HOURS AGO Color-changing nail polish just may be the coolest thing ever: http://t.co/sJVrKrDBFm

COMMENTS

Negative Nelly

I have a strange problem (or so I think)...

Everyone calls me negative or goth because Im supa quiet in class we wear uniforms and so my attire is very limited but people still call me goth how do I change their minds IM NOT NEGATIVE OR GOTH

by llamaglitz on 4/22/2012 5:58:30 PM

Mod!
I need to lose weight, and i know most of my weight is muscle, which I think looks like crap, especially on me. I always feel like if I work out, I'll gain muscle. How do I lose weight and lose muscle?? Side note, I've been struggling with an eating disorder, so restricting my food intake is probably not a good idea. Also, eating too much is a bad idea because then I want to purge. I need to know how to lose weight while being healthy. Thanks!

Hey babe,

If you want to make your body leaner rather than build up chunky muscle, start focusing on cardio and stretching/yoga.  Take a look here for food ideas:

Jordan S.

by ickiemickie3 on 4/21/2012 7:52:09 PM

MODMODMOD!
sometimes i feel like i'm too fat. My mom says that it's because mussle wheighs moor than fat and I'm fit, but like I said sometimes I don't know :/

Hey girl! I'll let you in on an important secret: if you are healthy, weight means nothing. Because you are tall for your age, you are bound to weigh more than some of your friends.Your body is still growing so you need to properly fuel it with whole foods like fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean protein, and good sources of fat (think almonds, natural peanut butter, and avocados). Don't pay attention to the number on a scale, it's just a number! If you are active and exercising regularly, eating foods that are good for you, and limiting junk food (who can resist a treat every now and then?!), then you have nothing to worry about!

Colleen K.

by raven.y on 2/27/2012 3:56:54 AM

Hey Madistar<3, just be sure you're constantly surrounding yourself with positivity. Your friends sound supportive, so continue hanging with them. Watch tv and movies that make you happy and listen to music that makes you feel good. Start doing hobbies and activities that you like too. Hopefully these will help your attitude! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I need help.Well, you see sometimes i feel like I'm free will, and love everything about life. Other days im not. Sometimes i feel im too fat, my friends tell me I'm not, and that i only wiegh 97 lbs, and that that is little for a 13 year old, but still sometimes i get "bad thoughts" about me, and i want them to stop but i don't know how! PLZ HELP ME Lynae P.

by Madistar<3 on 1/6/2012 4:39:01 PM

Oh well, everyone is negative sometimes chica Smile

Please visit my Advice Queen page! I really like to give advice to peeps Smile just post a question and i will answer it on your profile as soon as i see it.

by basketballcutie11 on 12/23/2011 5:29:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!
the other day, the junior high class went skating as a good grades reward. during the whole thing, i was mostly ignored by everyone. and on the last few songs, a few people were holding friends with their bfs. it made me so jealous, i was depressed and started crying when i got home. its hard not to get jealous, knowing that everytime theres an opportunity to hang out with a bf, i dont have one. how can i not get so jealous that tons of people get a boyfriend?

Hey Doll,

Find the positive sides to not having a BF. You can hang out with your friends as much as you want without having to divide your time between a guy. In fact, you can do anything you want without having to worry about what your guy thinks. It's hard not to be jealous, but the next time you feel it, grab one of your single besties and hang out with her instead. You said only a few people were holding hands, so think about how many people are actually coupled up. You'll probably realize more people are single, so go out and have some fun!
Rachel N.

by wishuponastar97 on 12/8/2011 5:40:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD Do you have any tips for being in stressful situations?? I always get really mad and don't know what to do with that anger. So I take it out on someone who doesn't deserve it!! Any advice??

Hey babe!

Try to avoid doing that - you want your friends and fam to be there for you when you're nervous about something!  Here's an article about handling holiday stress: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/30/holiday-stress-busters.aspx and here's one on school stress: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/29/Stress-less-during-the-finals.aspx. Good luck! xoxox
Devin A.

by ilovegl98 on 11/21/2011 3:44:08 PM

My mom and step dad are getting a divorce so ive been very emotional lately. my friends ask me whats wrong if i cry during the middle of class. for some reason i get really mad at them for asking whats wrong. i feel bad because that makes them upset but i just dont know what else to do. Please help!!!!

Hey girlie,

Try to understand that they only want to help! Obviously they can't understand what you're going through, but they want to - which is really sweet <3 Tell them thank you, but just be honest and let them know you aren't ready to talk about it yet. Instead, use a journal or artistic medium (painting, drawing, blogging, writing fiction, poetry, etc.) to get out your thoughts and feelings. It's only hurting you to keep them inside! So if you don't want to talk about it with your friends, try to use another way to get it out. It helps you organize your feelings, process them, and overcome them in the end <3 And don't forget that you CAN talk to your mom/stepdad too! They know you're going through this and, while they have their own emotions to deal with, they can definitely be there to support you.
Lauren C.

by darla123 on 11/12/2011 9:12:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD I am soo freaked out about getting vaccinations! I dont know why. I know they dont really hurt and they arent that bad its just I have this huge fear of them. Even just thinking about it gives me the scared shivers. I dont know what to do about it, I really would hate to have this fear cloud hanging over my head the rest of my life. Thanks in advance

Hey missy, sorry I can't answer your question right now! Check in with some of your other gal pals on here for advice, I'm sure they'll be willing to help you out. Thanx a bunch for understanding!!! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by marym320 on 10/26/2011 4:00:46 PM

RAWWR!
The title, Negative Nelly, annoys me. My name is Nellie, and I am always called a negative person, which isn't true. I try to stick to my serious yet bubbly & intelligent personality. I love hanging with my girls (and <3 the guys!) so I'm usually not negative.
I love writing & advice giving. Im a deep thinker, great at solving problems. HMU, girlies !

by Purplelicous- on 9/20/2011 2:30:07 AM