COMMENTS

Will I have a heavy period forever?

Today, I had my first period, and it’s heavier than I thought it would be...

I am almost a week late on my period...I have been having it pretty regularly for 8 months now. Is there something wrong? I have never EVER been intimate with a guy. Please help

Hey chica,

Sometimes periods aren't punctual and are tardy, but that doesn't always mean someone is preggers. Stress, medication changes, weight-loss are among the many factors that can cause irregular periods. If it continues to happen constantly tho, you should talk to your doctor.

Krupali D.

by littleducksis on 1/24/2012 9:14:12 AM

Hey alireburt, ah the stress periods bring. You can't live with them and you can't live without them. You are def not the first girl to feel she's going to bleed through her pants with a pad on. Constantly bleeding just makes you feel self-conscious, especially if you have a heavy flow, and you just have to remind yourself you're okay. Be sure you're wearing a supporting pad and remind yourself to let go of these thoughts. I'm not sure if cycles become lighter as you have them more. My flow has always remained the same and yours might too. If it gets to be too much for you to handle talk to your doctor. Hope this helps. Xoxo

Modmodmod! I really need your help. So I got my irregular period on Tuesday and it's so heavy! I am also 14 about to be 15 in a week . I went to school yesterday but had to come home because I felt awful and today I didn't even go to school because I felt terrible. Because of my period my stomach has been hurting. I also hate pads because it's such a heavy flow it feels like it always goes through my pants but doesn't. I tried to use tampons today but I freak out!!! How can I get over this fear? & do you have any suggestions for this months gift. And how long can heavy periods last? I guess I covered everything.... Well thank you and please help!!! Lynae P.

by alireburt on 1/13/2012 4:26:30 PM

Guys and Periods---

Why are guys terrified of knowing anything about our periods? Not only does my bf not want to know, its like he almost is avoiding me and he sometimes does it even when I'm not on it, he just thinks I am. My friends say some of their guy friends have admitted they hate even thinking about periods or even the thought of us getting them. Does anyone know what I am saying, have you had the same problems?

by luckykel on 1/12/2012 10:51:24 PM

Okay, so I also started my first period yesterday. This really sucks, and if this is mother natures "gift", then I want a refund. I keep feeling like everybody can see it, or notice!! It's a really heavy flow, and I haven't noticed any spotting before this. Is that normal?? Also, I want to know when I can start wearing tampons, because pads really bother me. SOS?

by xoxomaddie on 1/12/2012 9:49:25 PM

Hey RainKisses, I think you should ask your doctor what's going on. I can't really tell what it could be, but a doctor would defintely have the answer. Hope ya feel better! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
okay so i've had my period since june 2009 (so like 2 1/2 years) and i read somewhere that it should start getting regular after 2 years. My period was pretty regular but then it never came in november and again in december. Im not pregnant or anything but im worried something is wrong with me. It wasnt bothering me last month but it's starting to get to me. I've been like getting pre-period symptoms for a while (sore boobs, discharge) as if my eriod would come normally but it hasn't.I know im one to worry and stress myself out. Advice? Also, I think my cycle is every 5 weeks or something so it comes like 1st week of one month, 2nd month of the next...and so on. Lynae P.

by RainKisses on 1/7/2012 5:16:39 PM

Hey girl,

Not everyone gets PMS symptoms, so it may be your period. But if you're not sure, talk to mom or a doc!
Meghan D.

by shelbychristine333 on 1/7/2012 12:28:50 PM

Today i had my first period and i have a pad on but there is nothing on the pad but if i wipe it is there it would go on the pad it is just staying in place is that normal cause i am freaking out.

by Rose2112 on 1/3/2012 5:51:09 PM

Hey kpriest, mhmm sounds like yours is a little irregular. I know it's a touchy subject, but if you don't let anyone know your period won't get any better. No worries, they're there to help you. Let your mom and the doctor know, i'm sure you'll be fine. Hope this helps!! Xoxo

by Lynae P. on 12/28/2011 6:17:25 PM

MODD PLEASE HELP!!!
I just started my period for the first time at the first of december which was about 4 weeks ago.And i would like start then quit then a few days later start and then quit again. I know that normally for when you first start, but iv now been on mine for 18 days straight and its kinda scaring me. I dont want to talk to my mom or doctor about it because i feel uncomforable talking to them about it. Is it normal to be on it for that long cause im kinda scared?? Thanks!! Smile

by kpriest on 12/28/2011 4:36:18 PM

Okay so i've missed my period by like 5-6 days. Im kinda freaking out. Ive had my period since the end of 7th grade (im in 9th grade now) and its been very close to being regular this year. it's usually only off by a day or two. Im not sexually active (heck, i dont even have a boyfriend!) and im not pregnant. Im totally freaking out!My period shouldve started by now! What should i do?!
Thanks. (:

Periods are dumb. Theyre irregular and strange. Im almost 21 and mines still unpredictable. So dont stress Smile it will come. And it if never does then maybe talk to your doctor. But give it time i bet it will come really soon. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.