3 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

5 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

6 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

Will I have a heavy period forever?

Today, I had my first period, and it’s heavier than I thought it would be...

Is a 9 day period normal? It just stopped the other day at the 9 day mark!

Thats perfectly fine! Periods are often very strange and may last past a week. If it lasts a looong time past a week then theres probably a problem but just a few days is nothing. xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by hermione&ron on 12/27/2011 10:55:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD! I started my period on..Monday? Tuesday? I can't remember. Anyway, the first two days were heavy, but now it's friday and I'm not discharging at all, except whenever I go to the restroom. So NOW, i have to go a lot. Is this normal? [its not my first period]

Hey girl, I'm actually not sure. Wait and see if the discharge comes back after your period, if not maybe you should see what your doctor says. I'm sure it's nothing serious but just to be on the safe side. Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by pinkzebra97 on 12/23/2011 7:09:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD I got tampons last night, i started yesterday and idk how to insert them!?!?!?! Help me!!!! Please tnx, O yea, Im Scared!!!!!!!

Hey girlfriend, I'm super busy trying to respond to all your questions. Unfortunately I can't get to everyone, so ask some of your gal pals on here for help. There are so many chicas who are more than happy to give you advice. Thanx a bunch for understanding. x0x0 Smile

Lynae P.

by dancer8608 on 12/23/2011 11:16:43 AM

MOD MOD MOD! do you have any tips on how to sneak pads to the bathroom?
thanx a bunch!!!<3

Hey girl,

You can always do the classic carry your purse to the bathroom trick, or if you have a zipper/snap pocket you can try that. Backpack pockets also work!

Meghan D.

by kammiemay on 12/21/2011 4:40:03 PM

I got my first period TODAY... But, I'm 10... Is this abnormal??? I'm scared! My BFF has it but shes 4 inches taller than me and MUCH more developed. Am I a weirdo???

Thats not weird at all! Everyone develops differently. Getting your period is never something that makes you weird Smile dont worry hon! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by hermione&ron on 12/18/2011 6:38:52 PM

I had my first ever period November 10th now it is December 15 (almost 16th) and I still haven't gotten it yet!!!! Should I be scared?!!??!?! My mom knows that I had it in Nov. but not now Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie,

You shouldn't be scared just yet! It's totally normal for your period to be super irregular, especially during the first year. You can expect it to come every 28-30 days...but that doesn't mean it will come that regularly. Just because it's a little late doesn't mean you should panic! Just try to hang in there and go with the flow. (No pun intended.) Remember that it's totally normal, so don't stress! <3
Lauren C.

by dancer8608 on 12/15/2011 11:18:34 PM

Ok so if i get my period at school should i go to the nurse even though i keep 2 pads in my locker in case. but should i go to call and tell my mom. also if i get it early in the day i dont think 2 pads are enough. what would you do?

Hey girlie,

If you get your period, I would probably go to my locker to grab a pad, then go to the nurse (if she has a bathroom in her office) so you can take care of it/clean up without any pressure. Take your time, gather your composure, then go back to class. Getting your period can feel a lil stressful, but it's no reason to call your mom/go home in the middle of the day! You can get through this - we all have done it before and, though sometimes it's not fun, it's no biggie! And if you need more pads, try bringing a couple extra to stash in your locker or go to the nurse to ask her for one. She probably has plenty to lend you! Smile
Lauren C.

by winxclub37 on 12/4/2011 12:37:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!! Today at the school play i bled through my light blue jeans and everyone saw! it's only my second period but i dont feel safe with pads. are tampons any better and am i ready to use them??

Hey girl, it depends on you. I am personally more comfortable with pads, but try tampons out and see how you feel. Just be sure you are constantly changing them as needed. Hope this helps! Smile Smile

Lynae P.

by sarag on 11/19/2011 8:17:41 PM

MOD !! (;

I've had my period for 3 years now (I'm fourteen) but I still have a few questions.

1. My period is super painful. I take pain killers, but they don't help all that much. :/ Any tips on ways to make my time of month less miserable..even just a little?

2. Also, my periods have always been pretty regular, but now that's starting to change which is kind of scaring me...Aren't they supposed to become regular over time..not irregular!?!?!?! I think it may be because I'm super stressed & I've recently lost weight, are these possible reasons to irregular periods?

3. I'm on my high school's soccer team, and our uniform shorts are white :/ when it's my time of month I freak out...I don't want to leak during a game! My period is very very heavy...& if I have to wear that uniform for 4 hours per day...it's kinda concerning to me Laughing Any way to make my flow less heavy or even tips to get myself to not stress so much over one silly thing?!?!

Thanks so much!<3

by smiley.<3 on 10/19/2011 5:37:00 PM

im 13 , & i have not started my period yet, I have hair down there, & under my arm pits. & there is discharge am i starting soon?

by Volleyballchick15 on 10/19/2011 12:20:07 AM